The Official Biggest Loser Contest Part 6

I'll be very surprised to see more weight loss this week. I'm regressing into some bad habits. The surprise loss last week has me losing some of my determination, I think.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Working on a good loss this week team 3. Had to make up for my 1st 2 week debacles

First post updated, had to remove 2 people (removed their penalties as well) and moved Mpeterson to another team to even it out more

Team 1 is in the lead, with team 4 close behind:

Week 2 in the books, as a group we lost 17.1 pounds, this week. To date the overall group loss is 6.6 lbs.
Heres the standings by order of team #

Team #1 loss of .36%, .10% penalty for 1 weights not sent in leaves them at a loss of .26%
Team #2 gain of .11%, .10% penalty for 1 weight not submitted leaves them at gain of .21%
Team #3--.06 gain, .10% penalty for 1 weight not submitted leaves them at a gain of .16%
Team #4--.15% loss
Team #5--.03% gain

Got a good loss going into the weekend, hoping I can maintain it or keep losing through the weekend. That's been my nemesis in the past, should be a mellow weekend and be able to do well though.

DOwn another 2 lbs, probably thanks to 36 holes yesterday.

Dont forget the weigh ins

Down 2.2 lbs for the week and finally under the 215 barrier. That's 40lbs and change lost since participating in the Biggest loser contests this year. Next goal is to get to 200-205 range and maintain it.

Mike I'm driving back from Florida today so I will send in a weight as soon as I get home whenever that may be

Weigh in sent in.. I was up .2 of lb this week. A little disappointing considering the amount of work I put in and I felt the eating was pretty good all week.

Back at this week and this week will be a loss..

Weight sent, down a couple pounds from last week.

Missing lots of weights...get em in

Up a lot had a weekend filled with lots of good food drink and not a lot of physical activity.

Doing work this week

Just sent my weight in. Had a good week team 3!

Down very slightly. This is what I was expecting last week. Loosing 3 pounds out of the blue: always welcome, never expected!
I'm hoping to see those 3 pound weeks when I actually stick to my exercise routine.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Another week in the books, where I felt like I did well, but just a minimal loss, again. Seems like I'm gonna have to really change things up to get more movement on the scale.

Another week in the books, where I felt like I did well, but just a minimal loss, again. Seems like I'm gonna have to really change things up to get more movement on the scale.

I would suggest logging your food. It has really really helped me. My Fitness Pal is a life saver for me

I would suggest logging your food. It has really really helped me. My Fitness Pal is a life saver for me
Calories in vs Calories out.

The only way I do it.

Calories in vs Calories out.

The only way I do it.

Absolutely dude. Once I started looking at food as fuel and to improve my body, the pounds started flying off. I literally weigh everything I eat, so at the end of the day I know pretty darn well the amount of calories I ingested.

Absolutely dude. Once I started looking at food as fuel and to improve my body, the pounds started flying off. I literally weigh everything I eat, so at the end of the day I know pretty darn well the amount of calories I ingested.
Yep, exactly. Knowing what to eat and when to eat it is key, IMO.

Yep, exactly. Knowing what to eat and when to eat it is key, IMO.

The what is something I am really trying to dial in now that I am really close to my goals. I was just going for X amount of calories, but now I am really trying to hit certain macros to help supplement the work I am putting in at the gym. I am working my butt off, so I want to make sure nutrition wise I am giving my body what it needs

The what is something I am really trying to dial in now that I am really close to my goals. I was just going for X amount of calories, but now I am really trying to hit certain macros to help supplement the work I am putting in at the gym. I am working my butt off, so I want to make sure nutrition wise I am giving my body what it needs
For me, it's all about timing.

I'm racing tomorrow night, so took an easy 12 mile/45 minute spin on the bike tonight. For dinner had ground turkey breast stir fry with green beans and half a cup of brown rice. Low calories, but some carbs that will help in the workout tomorrow night. Tomorrow, post race will be high protein. Wednesday will be lean diet of veggies and protein to offset carbs from today with a good workout wednesday night.

Food has to be fuel when working out and training.

For me, it's all about timing.

I'm racing tomorrow night, so took an easy 12 mile/45 minute spin on the bike tonight. For dinner had ground turkey breast stir fry with green beans and half a cup of brown rice. Low calories, but some carbs that will help in the workout tomorrow night. Tomorrow, post race will be high protein. Wednesday will be lean diet of veggies and protein to offset carbs from today with a good workout wednesday night.

Food has to be fuel when working out and training.

Yep for me it is about getting more protein. Shooting for about 180-200 grams a day. I am in the gym 4 days a week doing an hour of strength training, and 6 days a week 30 minutes of cardio. Once I get a bit leaner I want to see more muscle than I am seeing now, and protein is the way to do it.

Burn 3500 calories more than u eat and that's -1lb

Yep simple science, once I figured that out I lost 85 pounds before I even knew it. Bottom line, you cannot outrun a bad diet. It is 90+% diet, and you can supplement it with working out

Yep simple science, once I figured that out I lost 85 pounds before I even knew it. Bottom line, you cannot outrun a bad diet. It is 90+% diet, and you can supplement it with working out

Building muscle is also huge. 1lb of muscle burns 5x more calories than 1lb of fat

Building muscle is also huge. 1lb of muscle burns 5x more calories than 1lb of fat

Yes but it is very difficult to build muscle while eating at a deficit. You can do it to some extent if you are new to the gym, but if you have some strength already it's very hard to gain muscle eating at a large deficit and I know that first hand

Back