The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be a good day...
afdd2d19555bdd6853fc3bbfc9541c11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do people from the southern states hate it when us Northerners complain about the cold/snow so much?

Do people from the southern states hate it when us Northerners complain about the cold/snow so much?

Its constant. How could we hate it. Its expected like the sun rising and setting.
Its hysterical to me how predictable it is...And the exact same as Einstein's definition of insanity.

I don't know how people in colder areas do it. I'm on day 3 of crappy, cold & gloomy weather and I'm fighting being depressed. No way I could handle 4-5 months of this.

The gray skies are the part that get me. I wold be so depressed if I had gray skies all the time. We had about a two week stretch of just gloomy skies this winter and I didn't want to do anything. I had zero motivation to even get out of bed.

Day 3 of working my company's booth at a large conference. I don't know how, but I will make it through this day.

Its constant. How could we hate it. Its expected like the sun rising and setting.
Its hysterical to me how predictable it is...And the exact same as Einstein's definition of insanity.

What I really don't understand is the people complaining about the seasonal cold. It's going to be mid 30s and sunny today, and people are sitting around complaining about the weather. Me, I packed stuff to go to the driving range after work. If it was -15 or whatever it was a few weeks back, I'd listen. But this is just what the weather's supposed to be this time of year.

I don't know how people in colder areas do it. I'm on day 3 of crappy, cold & gloomy weather and I'm fighting being depressed. No way I could handle 4-5 months of this.
I really hate it and battle depression something fierce every year. I wanted to move in the worst way a few years ago but the family didn't so we stayed. Each year it continues to get worse for me. Fortunately my in laws and mother have bought places down in Florida that I can escape to and that helped get me through to this point so far this year. I can see in my future I will have to make that escape more often.

I can't wrap my head around those numbers, they just don't seem real to me. I keep hearing everyone talk about these sub zero temps, and I just don't have a clue what that is like.
I have lived up here all my life (44 yrs) and had never been to Florida until 4 yrs ago. Came down there in Feb and yes I always could imagine how great it would be being warm and sunny at that time of the year but until I was really there I had no idea how great it truly is. Now when I come down I still say to my family that I still am amazed how we are in shorts and tshirts all while knowing that back home there is feet of snow on the ground and freezing temps.

Believe me. If it was an option, I would be living in the Carolina's and wouldn't complain about the weather at all.

Nah, I don't get sick of it. I feel bad for you guys, a few days of sub zero isn't terrible (I am guessing) but days and days of it like you all have had, plus the unbelievable amount of snow just seems excessive at this point. So it doesn't' bother me, plus you will have to listen to me complain about the heat in a few months, so the complaining will get reciprocated.

Nah, I don't get sick of it. I feel bad for you guys, a few days of sub zero isn't terrible (I am guessing) but days and days of it like you all have had, plus the unbelievable amount of snow just seems excessive at this point. So it doesn't' bother me, plus you will have to listen to me complain about the heat in a few months, so the complaining will get reciprocated.

The Northerners complain about that and the humidity too.
Its like you have never been on THP before. :D

The gray skies are the part that get me. I wold be so depressed if I had gray skies all the time. We had about a two week stretch of just gloomy skies this winter and I didn't want to do anything. I had zero motivation to even get out of bed.

I think that's it. I can handle the cold (in small doses of course) but he gloomy/gray skies are what does it. I immediately get into a bad mood and I have to catch myself and snap out of it.

Yep that is what it is like here and I HATE it with a passion and the more my wife hears me b*tch the more she wants me to head to Florida even if it means she stays home. I don't blame her 'cause I'm the one who gave in and stayed here but I am just getting to where I just can't take much more of it.

Yep that is what it is like here and I HATE it with a passion and the more my wife hears me b*tch the more she wants me to head to Florida even if it means she stays home. I don't blame her 'cause I'm the one who gave in and stayed here but I am just getting to where I just can't take much more of it.

I totally get that, I wouldn't make it. I would 100% be the person who suffers from that seasonal depression disorder (I believe that's what it's called).

I totally get that, I wouldn't make it. I would 100% be the person who suffers from that seasonal depression disorder (I believe that's what it's called).

Disorder...They will put a title on anything.
Laziness.

Believe me. If it was an option, I would be living in the Carolina's and wouldn't complain about the weather at all.

Ironic part about that statement is that the part of North Carolina that I want to move to at some point is going to get 8 inches of snow later this week.

Laziness.

No JB, it's not laziness (not said in a harsh tone so don't take it as yelling at you). I love being as active as I am able to. Where I live we only average 35 days of completely clear days. Meaning we always have clouds to some extent which an alful lot of days are completely cloud covered so we don't even see glimpes of the sun and combine that with the cold temps where you still can't go outside and enjoy doing something it puts you into a depression and I fight it every year.

Ironic part about that statement is that the part of North Carolina that I want to move to at some point is going to get 8 inches of snow later this week.
Ya but that's nothing over the coarse of a whole winter and a couple days of above freezing temps and it is gone. That would be awesome.

Dealing with this winter and driving to work as opposed to taking the train to work in Chicago had made the winter seem much milder than it has been. being in the warm car is way better than freezing your butt off for 15 minutes waking to the train, waiting for another 15 outside, and walking to the office.

It's no Florida, but it isn't so bad.

Laziness.

Must be nice to be able to ignore science. :alien:

2nd day in a row the sun is out in the AM, and I seem to have misplaced my oakleys. I had them yesterday and today I could not find them. I always keep them in my truck too. Ugh.

Wow...Apparently you do need a smilie to infer sarcasm....

If that's what it's called, I suffer from it and everyone around me says it. This time of year it's at its worst.

What I really don't understand is the people complaining about the seasonal cold. It's going to be mid 30s and sunny today, and people are sitting around complaining about the weather. Me, I packed stuff to go to the driving range after work. If it was -15 or whatever it was a few weeks back, I'd listen. But this is just what the weather's supposed to be this time of year.

Well done sir! Yes, today is going to be nice today, way better than yesterday, most people are complaining about the snow, roads were fine for me, should have packed up my 4I to hit the range...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back