The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up to this:

65c056b82eaf543968bc36af9e2199e8.jpg

Smoke from fires has rolled in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its just getting to you? We had it for 2 weeks straight, and has finally cleared up. Makes for some very strange days, not knowing if it is cloudy or clear, just always dark.

Its just getting to you? We had it for 2 weeks straight, and has finally cleared up. Makes for some very strange days, not knowing if it is cloudy or clear, just always dark.

Usually if the fire(s) are outside our valley it stays out, but once it comes in it just lingers until we get some wind to push it out. Just found out there's a new fire about 5 miles from here.

Vancouver area is under a huge shroud of smoke right now too. It's gross.

All the smokes cleared of Vancouver since yesterday morning, 2 days ago we couldnt even see the North shore it was that bad. As our workplace is in an inlet the smoke packed in and filled the convention centre and hotel areas. The whole east building was tough to breath in. Thankfully yesterday winds came in and cleared all the smoke east.

Our baggage somehow gained 11 pounds on this trip. So we got slammed with 100 in overweight baggage charges. We bought a couple items of clothing but no where near 11 pounds worth. I'm going to weigh my bag when I get home and if it isn't what they said I will flip.

You're playing right? How?!
Apparently the girl was drunk and started it, you have the right to defend yourself. If it was at any other schools wouldn't have even have been reported.

Apparently the girl was drunk and started it, you have the right to defend yourself. If it was at any other schools wouldn't have even have been reported.

Wow! Just wow.

While she may have started it, it's pretty easy to just walk away from the situation. Punching a woman right in the face is way out of line and I have no problem with his dismissal.

Here's what no one is talking about.. What's a freshman doing at a bar ordering drinks?

I don't personally agree with hitting a woman but find it ironic that women want equality and the ability to be in combat - but not be in a bar fight.

While she may have started it, it's pretty easy to just walk away from the situation. Punching a woman right in the face is way out of line and I have no problem with his dismissal.

Here's what no one is talking about.. What's a freshman doing at a bar ordering drinks?

I think the "She started it" angle is tenuous at best. He's manhandling her before she takes her "swing".

Agreed, and obviously he shouldn't have been there I don't think ANYONE should be surprised that he was. I'm sure the majority of freshman football players (as well as most non football players) are doing the same.

I think the "She started it" angle is tenuous at best. He's manhandling her before she takes her "swing".

I think she swings because he man handled her. And the whole punching a woman thing will never fly with me

I cannot disagree with the bold part enough. Yes FSU has a horrible track record with their athletes, but when a woman is punched in the face it will get reported and then reported again when a video is found like that.
Hopefully Johnson will do some jail time. Yes she took a swing first, but he could have just pushed her off, he didn't need to hit her with a right cross. But the school isn't called Felony State University for nothing.

psa: don't get too aggressive eating crab legs. i just went to my gp and had my finger numbed up and some exploratory extraction of bits of crab shell that were buried under my skin. so much for any golf activity for the next few days.

psa: don't get too aggressive eating crab legs. i just went to my gp and had my finger numbed up and some exploratory extraction of bits of crab shell that were buried under my skin. so much for any golf activity for the next few days.

Am I supposed to believe this has nothing to do with the conversation currently taking place about FSU quarterbacks?

I don't personally agree with hitting a woman but find it ironic that women want equality and the ability to be in combat - but not be in a bar fight.

That completely two different areas. Being trained for combat is different and the women choosing to do so do it because they understand the risks involved. This lady didn't go to the bar that night thinking of taking on a bigger man in a fight. The attempted punch at his face was never going to cause him to fear for his life. His reaction is comical if he considers that's defending himself from her "attack".

Am I supposed to believe this has nothing to do with the conversation currently taking place about FSU quarterbacks?

couldn't figure out how to make the joke work, but there's definitely something there. although the throbbing in my finger and bandage is no joke.

I cannot disagree with the bold part enough. Yes FSU has a horrible track record with their athletes, but when a woman is punched in the face it will get reported and then reported again when a video is found like that.
Hopefully Johnson will do some jail time. Yes she took a swing first, but he could have just pushed her off, he didn't need to hit her with a right cross. But the school isn't call Felony State University for nothing.
I really don't think where it happened has much to do with the story. These kids come from a varied background and are recruited by so many schools. He could have just as easy have enrolled in Michigan, Florida or USC and done the same thing.

It seems FSU had handled it correctly.

I'm torn. If it were a man sitting on the bar stool it would be a pretty straight forward case of self defense. On the other hand, I was raised old-school which would have us do the gentlemanly thing and merely walk away.. I still believe in that. But we live in a different world from the one I was raised in - women rightfully have equality. Maybe it's time to say we can't have it both ways...if antiquated notions of gentility are gone then drunk women who want to punch people can get punched back.

I am guessing the bar is also going to have to explain why an 18 year old is in there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back