The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You worked for your current situation...I was referring to a lot of the free loaders who keep voting to get free stuff. The ones who don't care if taxes go up as long as they keep getting the benefits the govt hands out

Vote buying is an expensive proposition.

You worked for your current situation...I was referring to a lot of the free loaders who keep voting to get free stuff. The ones who don't care if taxes go up as long as they keep getting the benefits the govt hands out

No worries mate, I knew exactly what you meant. Plus, I doubt that my chances for free stuff is very good having worked all my life. We both know that there is no such thing as free, somebody is going to pay for it. I just feel that I have paid my tab and left a good tip as well.

Finally got my Z545's in today after waiting for a couple of weeks and of course its raining out. Buzzkill:banghead:

Finally got my Z545's in today after waiting for a couple of weeks and of course its raining out. Buzzkill:banghead:
Oh and the Thanks is for getting the clubs in, not the rain.

Utility workers cut our phone line. Hard to do business with the phones not working.

Lady from my accident two weeks ago filed an injury claim through her lawyer.

WTF...wasn't it a very low speed bumper bender. People are just so full of what can I get out of this.

Definitley rant worthy.

WTF...wasn't it a very low speed bumper bender. People are just so full of what can I get out of this.

Definitley rant worthy.

definitely under 20mph. Bumper bender on her car not so much and apparently according to the body shop more than just some minor damage to the jeep. But yeah I don't get the injury thing either.

I'm running out of Halls…

Definitley rant worthy.

Her attorney will definitely get something out of this.

so i buy a tour issue mxm #7 from the bay. seller's name is "golfer" something (choosing to not blast his name on purpose), description of the item contains the following line:
IT HAS 3 SETS OF CUSTOMIZED WEIGHTS TO FINE TUNE YOUR PREFERRED WEIGHT.

putter arrives and there is no weight kit. so i ask and he says he did not know this putter came with any weight kit... smh.

so i buy a tour issue mxm #7 from the bay. seller's name is "golfer" something (choosing to not blast his name on purpose), description of the item contains the following line:

putter arrives and there is no weight kit. so i ask and he says he did not know this putter came with any weight kit... smh.

That sucks Kang! Based on that though doesn't it conflict with the eBay TOS in that the seller shipped something other than what was advertised?

JM

Sounds really shady. What was his feedback? You didnt get what was described

That sucks Kang! Based on that though doesn't it conflict with the eBay TOS in that the seller shipped something other than what was advertised?

JM

Sounds really shady. What was his feedback? You didnt get what was described
Well the seller did not have a picture of the kit listed. I guess it's on me for assuming. I got a sweet putter, and I'm pretty sure I can go get a kit from golfsmith for free. (I'm VIP lol)

Well the seller did not have a picture of the kit listed. I guess it's on me for assuming. I got a sweet putter, and I'm pretty sure I can go get a kit from golfsmith for free. (I'm VIP lol)

if you can't get one from gs, I have a non your issue mxm 1w with weight kit. I'll send the weight kit to you if it's the same. no charge. just pm me if you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like he copy/pasted it from another listing. Ebay would definetly side with you if you wanted to get your money back on it.

Traffic on my route to work either exceeds the speed limit by at least 10 mph or crawls at a near standstill. This morning is the latter. And for no apparent reason.

So the last 24 hours have just sucked as far as getting bad news. Yesterday I learned my brother's wife has been having some serious issues with a viral infection that's attacking her nerves in her back. On top of that, she learned yesterday that she needs her thyroid out. So they're understandably upset and a bit panicked, headed up to Boston for a second opinion on how to deal with the viral thing.

Last night I hop on Facebook to learn a close friend of mine from college passed away unexpectedly, leaving behind a wife he's been devoted to since starting to date her in high school, and a precious little girl who was the light of his life. He was a wonderful guy, full of laughs and good humor, and just a great friend. He had just emailed me some mp3s from his blues band to get my thoughts on them, and I'm just in shock. He posted pics of his daughter, or anecdotes about her behavior pretty much every day, he loved that girl so much. I'm going to miss seeing those, and him in general, more than I can say.

This morning I learned that someone I know through mutual friends had a massive setback from treatment of a brain tumor, and has been moved to hospice as he only has a few days left and his wife just wants him to be comfortable. I didn't know him that well, but knew that my friends thought very highly of him, he always had a smile and quick wit, and loved his job teaching developmentally disabled kids. It just sucks that two guys who should have had plenty of more time with their families are gone, or will be taken far too soon.

I'm just shaking my head right now, in sort of a numb state. It just sucks.

Wow Russ. Sorry to hear all that. Best wishes to your SIL and condolences on your HS friend. Thoughts and prayers to your mutual friend.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

In the health care industry we call it the Judicial Lottery. The technique is to file suit and then settle for less than the cost to defend. It is the basic MO for the ambulance chasers. While I never went to law school, I was required to take two semesters of business law. At the time, the professor continually stressed the ethics of the legal profession and the established professional ethics mandated that lawyers could not advertise. Now every other commercial is a lawyer trying to find someone to file a suit. I guess the profession is not quite as ethical now a days. The best talent of a lawyer is to make work for other lawyers. I'm guessing she and her lawyer will settle and the insurance company will pay because it would cost more to defend.

Lawyers are like nuclear weapons. You need one so that the other guy knows you have it, but if you use it, it will certainly mess things up.

Good gosh russ. Sorry to hear about all that. Hoping for better news in the upcoming days for you my man.

definitely under 20mph. Bumper bender on her car not so much and apparently according to the body shop more than just some minor damage to the jeep. But yeah I don't get the injury thing either.
It's 99.99% a money grab. That grab is limited by the requirement that she prove damages, which will be hard to justify given the low speed nature of the accident. You have insurance? If so, you don't have to do anything.

In the health care industry we call it the Judicial Lottery. The technique is to file suit and then settle for less than the cost to defend. It is the basic MO for the ambulance chasers. While I never went to law school, I was required to take two semesters of business law. At the time, the professor continually stressed the ethics of the legal profession and the established professional ethics mandated that lawyers could not advertise. Now every other commercial is a lawyer trying to find someone to file a suit. I guess the profession is not quite as ethical now a days. The best talent of a lawyer is to make work for other lawyers. I'm guessing she and her lawyer will settle and the insurance company will pay because it would cost more to defend.

Lawyers are like nuclear weapons. You need one so that the other guy knows you have it, but if you use it, it will certainly mess things up.

Lots of generalizations in here and inaccuracies. Attorneys are in fact allowed to advertise but there are limitations on how they can do that.

I won't wade in to your characterization of my profession other than to say it's purely subjective and hopefully if you ever need an attorney, that experience helps change your perception.

Eric, you should forward any paperwork you receive from the lawsuit to your insurance carrier and they will retain defense counsel for you.

Lots of generalizations in here and inaccuracies. Attorneys are in fact allowed to advertise but there are limitations on how they can do that.

I won't wade in to your characterization of my profession other than to say it's purely subjective and hopefully if you ever need an attorney, that experience helps change your perception.

Eric, you should forward any paperwork you receive from the lawsuit to your insurance carrier and they will retain defense counsel for you.

Thanks Chris. So far everything has been handled through ins co. They contacted me yesterday to let me know of the claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back