The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep staring at my golf clubs that are still in my luggage bag...they haven't moved since I got back last month.

Lots of generalizations in here and inaccuracies. Attorneys are in fact allowed to advertise but there are limitations on how they can do that.

I won't wade in to your characterization of my profession other than to say it's purely subjective and hopefully if you ever need an attorney, that experience helps change your perception.

Eric, you should forward any paperwork you receive from the lawsuit to your insurance carrier and they will retain defense counsel for you.

I understand that the code of ethics changed regarding advertising since I was an undergrad. I deal with lawyers a lot, but they practice commercial law, as such they don't have the need to chase ambulances. I don't want to get political here, but I'm hoping that same sex marriage will increase the domestic practices so lawyers will have less need to chase ambulances.

I understand that the code of ethics changed regarding advertising since I was an undergrad. I deal with lawyers a lot, but they practice commercial law, as such they don't have the need to chase ambulances. I don't want to get political here, but I'm hoping that same sex marriage will increase the domestic practices so lawyers will have less need to chase ambulances.

Attorneys have been able to advertise for at least the last 35 years, if not longer. Most of the limitations on advertising relate to prohibitions on guaranteeing results and knowing certain judges that increase the chances of success. There's also a lot of restrictions on how you are supposed to approach potential clients but that could be a whole new thread.

I'm a defense attorney and agree that there are tons of BS cases out there for one reason or another, but there's a need for 'ambulance chasers,' or I suppose what are personal injury attorneys, and most of them are not reprehensible.

Attorneys have been able to advertise for at least the last 35 years, if not longer. Most of the limitations on advertising relate to prohibitions on guaranteeing results and knowing certain judges that increase the chances of success. There's also a lot of restrictions on how you are supposed to approach potential clients but that could be a whole new thread.

I'm a defense attorney and agree that there are tons of BS cases out there for one reason or another, but there's a need for 'ambulance chasers,' or I suppose what are personal injury attorneys, and most of them are not reprehensible.
To be fair, I think when Wahoo was an undergrad they were still refered to as orators.

1zzqauv.jpg

I keep staring at my golf clubs that are still in my luggage bag...they haven't moved since I got back last month.

Solution: come up to BC and play with ArmyGolf, TMgulby and I this Saturday morning!

Why do people feel the need to ask you why you are selling something on eBay. Because i want to? I didn't know i needed a reason to sell something. Maybe i just want new stuff. '0' feedback so i guess that says alot...

Getting pretty sick of having 19" sport tires. $250 per tire to fix this flat is getting pretty irritating for now the second time in a year.

LOL 15" stock tires for the win....... well not really, but it definitely saves my wallet a lot of hurt.

Solution: come up to BC and play with ArmyGolf, TMgulby and I this Saturday morning!

No time man :( Plus just had to shell out for internet and wow is that a rip off. Made it 4 months without it though.

No time man :( Plus just had to shell out for internet and wow is that a rip off. Made it 4 months without it though.

Lame! We need to tee it up again soon.

Also, 4 months without internet is impressive.

Hated to hear that a couple first class guys here are going through really rough times.

Just want to remind them they have family here who truly cares about them and will help in any way.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Suppose to have date night with the wife tonight. Babysitter forgot. Woke her up calling after she was 30 minutes late. Mama wasn't happy. Did say next one was on her but still a little downer. I usually text her the day of and I didn't this time. Not my fault but I still felt terrible.

It's 99.99% a money grab. That grab is limited by the requirement that she prove damages, which will be hard to justify given the low speed nature of the accident. You have insurance? If so, you don't have to do anything.

My mother was sued for thousands of dollars from an accident where she literally rolled into the back of another vehicle causing no damage to the vehicle but the driver had "whiplash" and couldn't work for months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suppose to have date night with the wife tonight. Babysitter forgot. Woke her up calling after she was 30 minutes late. Mama wasn't happy. Did say next one was on her but still a little downer. I usually text her the day of and I didn't this time. Not my fault but I still felt terrible.

Shake it off man. Mama knows. Sucks for sure but mama knows.

JM

I'm sure you heading out of town for a few days of golf didn't make missing date night go over any easier. I'm sure you'll find a way to make it to her, after all, you're Big Time!!

Airports!!! Especially Cleveland airport.

Airports!!! Especially Cleveland airport.

Yeah bit based on your Instagram post. You all made it and are Florida bound and smiling.

Have a great time.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Absolutely hate the USPS. They are awful.

Absolutely hate the USPS. They are awful.

They struggle... Often.. Although to their credit a majority of the packages don't appear to have gone through a meat grinder.

Our registry for baby stuff has all come from FedEx and every single box that arrives looks like someone tried to use it as a trampoline. Impressive.

They struggle... Often.. Although to their credit a majority of the packages don't appear to have gone through a meat grinder.

Our registry for baby stuff has all come from FedEx and every single box that arrives looks like someone tried to use it as a trampoline. Impressive.

I've had 0 issues with UPS. they may cost more but they do it right.

We can thank Winchell for that :alien:

I've had 0 issues with UPS. they may cost more but they do it right.

We can thank Winchell for that :alien:
I think it must be an Ohio thing. I've shipped USPS a bunch and never had a problem until it goes to Ohio. Just saying... :alien:

I think it must be an Ohio thing. I've shipped USPS a bunch and never had a problem until it goes to Ohio. Just saying... :alien:

We're the Bermuda triangle of the North. Packages go here to disappear, and sports stars come here just before retirement.

Haha it very well could be. But this isn't the first time this has happened with them for me. So maybe it's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back