The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely gutted, and completely numb right now. We lost the baby. I have absolutely no clue what to do

Dear God
I'm so sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I get your opinion...

I received an e-mail from my best friends 16 yr old daughter over the weekend. It was a gofundme.com e-mail via his daughter.
She wants to go to Europe this summer, and is asking for donations.
She has no job.

I ignored the initial request, but then a few days later got an e-mail from her directly (also sent to 6 other people) explaining why she wants to go.

I'm not close with her.

I don't want to donate any money towards her trip.
She doesn't have a job. She's doing horrible in school.

When I was a kid, my hockey team travelled out of the country and we had to work our butts off to raise money.

She got my e-mail address from her dad (along with the other 6 e-mail addresses).

I feel like it's kind of out of line for her to request money for me to pay for her vacation.

I would never let my kids do the same.

I was initially going to just ignore the e-mails.

Then today I was thinking I will say I'll donate $200 if she gets straight A's from here on out.

But, I'm raising my own kids. I don't feel like that's fair. I don't do that for my kids. Why should I do it for someone else's?

Lastly, I was thinking about just donating $20. It's such a small amount in the big picture I feel like they can't help but get the message I don't want to participate in paying for her vacation.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Wow. I wouldn't give any money. Doing bad in school, no job and wants to travel for fun...would never have happened in my house growing up or friends and family's houses. then via email vice in person. I would have a talk with your friend about it but and how you feel, without getting into how he should parent his kid.

The Official Rant of the Day

I received an e-mail from my best friends 16 yr old daughter over the weekend. It was a gofundme.com e-mail via his daughter.
She has no job.

I ignored the initial request, but then a few days later got an e-mail from her directly (also sent to 6 other people) explaining why she wants to go.

I'm not close with her.

When I was a kid, my hockey team travelled out of the country and we had to work our butts off to raise money.

She got my e-mail address from her dad (along with the other 6 e-mail addresses).

I feel like it's kind of out of line for her to request money for me to pay for her vacation.

Then today I was thinking I will say I'll donate $200 if she gets straight A's from here on out.

But, I'm raising my own kids. I don't feel like that's fair. I don't do that for my kids. Why should I do it for someone else's?

Lastly, I was thinking about just donating $20. It's such a small amount in the big picture I feel like they can't help but get the message I don't want to participate in paying for her vacation.

I would not give her a thing. If she's so clueless as to ask others to fund her trip she will not get any message from your $20 donation, other than you are a heartless cheapskate. She needs to be told directly, though that could have ramifications with your alleged friend (and I use the word alleged because he gave her your email address for this...WTF?). I like your idea of $ for academic performance...if she was your daughter. So in short, my opinion is no way no how.

Last edited:
I really appreciate the input/help everyone.

I have to have a talk with him that it's never ok to give my email address out to anyone for any reason, and that I'm also not ok with financial requests from anyone.

More than anything what I'm realizing is that I have to have that difficult conversation with him that his wife is not going to be my real estate agent.

I'm pretty sure that will dramatically affect our friendship going forward, but, if that's the case then the friendship wasn't worth holding on to anyways.

She's a relatively new real estate agent, and the only reason she was representing us is b/c we more or less felt we had to go with her.

I wouldn't give her one cent. I'd also let her dad know what a crap move I thought it was.

To hell with that man ... surely there is another great, reputable real estate agent in the area, no? If you're former military, hit up USAA and get their recommendations.

I didn't choose her b/c she's good; I chose her b/c I had to or it was going to create a lot of drama.

You and I think alike.

As much as I don't want to do it, I feel so strongly that this is in bad taste that I will let him know.

His wife is a real estate agent.
I'm about the easiest guy to get along with.
My worst habit is I like to golf.
She hates me. Not because I'm a bad influence. Simply because she's jealous of her husbands relationship with me (her words).
He was my regular golf buddy but we now rarely golf together because it bothers her that he is with me.
In the rare instance where we do golf together now he has to lie to her and tell her he's golfing with someone else.

Why do I bring that up?
She's also a real estate agent.
We are looking for a new home.
I already knew I'd have to go with her...but, he actually told me the same thing.

She will flat out be an itch to me to my face, yet she stands to make upwards of 20-30k from me.

Wow...that's my first 2 rants here, within an hour or so of one another.

I just needed to get that out.

I would certainly not give his daughter anything. That is beyond presumptuous to ask her Dad's close friend (or anyone for that matter) for money for anything but to help with a charity. If that is how this young lady is being raised, she will have a hard life.

It really sounds to me like you are being put in the middle of a marital problem. To give you some background, my brother's wife would do this to my brother every time he and I were together which only happened once a year as we live far apart. She would make him feel guilty about spending time with me. Not good.

Sadly, this has nothing to do with you at all. I certainly wouldn't give your friend's wife any business and if that turns into some kind of drama, that is for your friend and his wife to work out. Looking for a home is an intensely personal endeavor, and it should be all about you and your family. It doesn't sound like this friend's wife can do that for you based on your experience with her.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck.

In our marriage we ask random, open ended questions.

Tonight's? If you could have adult relations with any of the Kardashian's who would it be?

Mr V's answer: Kim

I'm utterly disgusted and disappointed. Weak Mr V, weak.

Tonight's? If you could have adult relations with any of the Kardashian's who would it be?

She talks the least

Ewww...

Is there a correct answer to this?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I spent a 2.5 hour car ride to my step-family's house in CT with an ex-gf and it was random question time. I wanted to drive off one of the bridges.

There's no right answer to that question unless you're looking for Kourtney because it's a homophone. Mrs V, you're better than this!

Phil, apparently you're on strike 2 so you better watch out! (strike 1 was Mrs V with corrected vision)

Mark?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

She has no job.

I'm not close with her.

i pretty much agree with everyone else that says don't give her anything, even the $20.

Also sounds like you have decided the wife won't be your agent good for you. As for your friend, boy he has his hands full with these two. I fully support you donating to a gofundme getaway trip for him. LOL

I've never heard of gofundme but it sounds like another way for losers to carry on on their leech-y, entitled, handout laced lives.

Disgusting. Give her an application for the nearest business instead.

A gofundme for no reason at all is laughable. How lazy can you get?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I am currently one if the most hated men in America.

We are shipping about 500 packages. I am at the post office sending them. Their are only 2 people working here and I have had one of teams sole attention for over 2 hours now, and I'm not half way done. Each package has to be independently weighed and priced. The line is out the door, and it seems all blame me for making them Wait.

If you're behind me at a red light, and light turns green, and you honk at me faster than my foot can go from my break to my gas pedal you have just guaranteed yourself an extra 10 seconds of me sitting there

A-men!
If you're behind me at a red light, and light turns green, and you honk at me faster than my foot can go from my break to my gas pedal you have just guaranteed yourself an extra 10 seconds of me sitting there

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My son has pretty much been sick since May and its to the point now where the Mrs and I are defeated. These ear infections are out of control

The beags break. I like it.

Does he still have tonsils? I was like that until they took my tonsils out.
Lived in hospitals until I was 6 years old, took tonsils out and except for my allergies now I have had awesome health since then.

I sure hope he gets to feeling better soon. Nothing worse than having sick kids

My son has pretty much been sick since May and its to the point now where the Mrs and I are defeated. These ear infections are out of control

Does he still have tonsils? I was like that until they took my tonsils out.
Lived in hospitals until I was 6 years old, took tonsils out and except for my allergies now I have had awesome health since then.

I sure hope he gets to feeling better soon. Nothing worse than having sick kids

I was like that as a kid too. I had bronchitis and strep throat pretty much weekly until about age 5 when I had my tonsils and adenoids removed and I haven't had either illness since then.

I am currently one if the most hated men in America.

We are shipping about 500 packages. I am at the post office sending them. Their are only 2 people working here and I have had one of teams sole attention for over 2 hours now, and I'm not half way done. Each package has to be independently weighed and priced. The line is out the door, and it seems all blame me for making them Wait.
Oh yeah, I would say you pretty much have that title today!!

Look on the bright side, time for the people in line behind you to do a lot of foruming. Just watch the thread for someone posting about the idiot with 500 packages holding up the line at the post office :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back