The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing with dogs and went to stand up and heard pop behind my leg and down I went. Left leg right behind knee. So much pain.

It's pretty rare for a Baker's Cyst to rupture spontaneously like that.

What are your symptoms now? Is it swollen, warm to touch or bruised? Can you bend your knee without pain? When you heard it pop, did it feel like you got shot in the leg?

If you want to go over what happened and how it's doing now, feel free to PM me anytime.

Stupid tornados! They are all over the place just to our South. Three dead in Clarksdale, MS including a 7 Year Old. Just so sad right now.

JM

Stupid tornados! They are all over the place just to our South. Three dead in Clarksdale, MS including a 7 Year Old. Just so sad right now.

JM

Stay safe JoMoJo

Stay safe JoMoJo

Thanks man, but we are in the fringes of the watches and warnings. My heart just breaks for those families though. It's almost Christmas for cripes sake!

JM

JM

Stay safe buddy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3:30am and I am wide awake again. Kiddo woke up and cried for milk. Then dogs wanted to be let out ... can't seem to break this damn cycle so I'm up for the long haul. Still too early to go to work though ...

3fdae3c09cae452c0f53d5c8ac47b811.png

I couldn't get to sleep last night until 1, then this morning I woke up at 5 after a freaking terrible nightmare, and I NEVER get woken up by nightmares like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

After seeing some of the insurance rants right here, I guess this rant really is just a minor complaint. My company changed insurance providers, and the chiropractor / physio I have dealt with for years and really has kept me on the course doesn't take the new insurance. He is going to only charge me 40.00 per visit, and I can handle that - but just hate that I have to.

After seeing some of the insurance rants right here, I guess this rant really is just a minor complaint. My company changed insurance providers, and the chiropractor / physio I have dealt with for years and really has kept me on the course doesn't take the new insurance. He is going to only charge me 40.00 per visit, and I can handle that - but just hate that I have to.

Seems to be a lot of changes in insurance that are affecting people adversely this year. In addition to the ones above you mentioned, Michelle found out that her dentist is no longer accepting their dental insurance, but will do similarity to your Dr. make a special fee plan for her services, which for her is usually just a cleaning and rare rare filling.

My sister's deductible went from $1500 to $5000 plus an increase in premiums of about 20%.

I switched jobs in November, and the new company's plans are pretty good overall. Not quite as good as my last employer, but after reading some of the other rants I won't complain at all.

I know JB said it's going to get even worst next year, as well as UVAWahoo who is involved with the financial side of medical care as well has said the same.

Working on Christmas Eve.

But oh well, thankful as hell I have a good job though, so it could be worse.

I hear you. I've worked many holidays and while it sucks it's better than no job. This year it was looking imminent that I would be working today, NYE and New Years. Thank goodness the customer decided that they didn't want to work it so we got off too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems to be a lot of changes in insurance that are affecting people adversely this year. In addition to the ones above you mentioned, Michelle found out that her dentist is no longer accepting their dental insurance, but will do similarity to your Dr. make a special fee plan for her services, which for her is usually just a cleaning and rare rare filling.

My sister's deductible went from $1500 to $5000 plus an increase in premiums of about 20%.

I switched jobs in November, and the new company's plans are pretty good overall. Not quite as good as my last employer, but after reading some of the other rants I won't complain at all.

I know JB said it's going to get even worst next year, as well as UVAWahoo who is involved with the financial side of medical care as well has said the same.

What a racket...

Same here, though we're working on a half day today.

When I was younger and worked in a hospital I used to pull a double every Christmas Eve into Christmas Day so the folks with kids could spend Christmas morning with them. Didn't hurt that it paid time and a half. :silly:

What a racket...
I guess. But then I also look at it from my personal perspective, of what my insurance company paid out for my surgery last year, and what my share (much less than the deductibles mentioned above) was. So I can't complain too much.

One thing I heard from someone in my last companies benefit department is that the number of catastrophic surgeries, which I think means anything 25K or more, was up dramatically over the past few years.

I'm not versed enough to say whether it's the hospitals or insurance companies to blame (f there is blame) but there's no denying the cost to the insured has gotten almost unaffordable to many.

Same here, though we're working on a half day today.

When I was younger and worked in a hospital I used to pull a double every Christmas Eve into Christmas Day so the folks with kids could spend Christmas morning with them. Didn't hurt that it paid time and a half. :silly:

Win-win!

I am working until 3 today - we normally are open until 5. Really ridiculous to be honest. I'll maybe have 4 customers all day - not many welders welding today - and on top of that, it's raining!

I guess. But then I also look at it from my personal perspective, of what my insurance company paid out for my surgery last year, and what my share (much less than the deductibles mentioned above) was. So I can't complain too much.

One thing I heard from someone in my last companies benefit department is that the number of catastrophic surgeries, which I think means anything 25K or more, was up dramatically over the past few years.

I'm not versed enough to say whether it's the hospitals or insurance companies to blame (f there is blame) but there's no denying the cost to the insured has gotten almost unaffordable to many.

I know what I see from my PT wife and OT friend. Not saying the racket is solely the insurance companies - health care in general. So may stupid policies, greed, ineptitude, etc. especially with medicare, etc. I'll just leave that alone lol.

Last second Xmas shopping instead of golfing. Being a procrastinator comes back to bite me on the a$$ on occasion.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

worked many holidays to let others travel home to see family. its no fun working those days when you want to be with your family.

my rant is all this rain. its putting a damper on my golf

Easiest commute this morning to work. :)

Grateful to have a job, but I am grateful to have an employer that shuts down early on Christmas. In my industry it is a necessity to have people in the office today, but they don't keep us here any longer then they have to.

I always work on X-Mas day. It's not a holiday for me, so I do hospital rounds and take call for our group. It's no big deal for me, and gives everyone else a chance to be with their families.

Easiest commute this morning to work. :)

Grateful to have a job, but I am grateful to have an employer that shuts down early on Christmas. In my industry it is a necessity to have people in the office today, but they don't keep us here any longer then they have to.

You're not kidding! My HHJJ of the day could be this mornings traffic, or lack there of. Although someone did try to run a red light to t-bone me. good thing I have ninja breaking skills

My wife's company is shutting down at 2 today. Well everyone but her department. They have a group within their group that has to have stuff done before 3 so her boss said the whole department has to stay until that group is done. I told her it was BS and would encourage that group to bust their butt and get stuff done.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Only working for 2 hours today (9-11) but I've worked many in the past (military), but I think 2 hours is enough since AGAIN I had to go out and shovel snow with only 1 coffee in me so the wife can go to work

Christmas Eve, my second shop is PACKED with customers. Main register crashes. Thanks Windows 10.

worked many holidays to let others travel home to see family. its no fun working those days when you want to be with your family.

my rant is all this rain. its putting a damper on my golf

I hear ya Eric. I love the warm temps, but the rain is getting old. I am playing the Links at Gettysburg Sunday - that place may be under water lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back