The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well handed out raises today, people all ready complaining about what they got and how they deserve more. Look I have paperwork on top of paperwork of associate reviews and can tell you what you do good and what needs improved. Instead of complaining, go out and work a little harder. Next time I will just not give a raise and see what people say than

It's never enough dude. It never is.

It's never enough dude. It never is.
That is one thing I give my company props for they give no yearly raise no cost of living raise none of that. They make it known any raise you get is directly tied to your performance. They will sit the people down that don't get them and explain why and the ones that do get them get a substantial raise well above a cost of living. No one complains because they know they hold the cards (other than one or two who think the world is out to get them).

What is interesting to me we have people going on 6-7 years and sometimes more without a raise and they are fine with the status quo. They have no drive to do more to make more. It is mind blowing to me that someone would take every opportunity to make as much as they can.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What are these bonuses and raises you guys keep talking about?

That sounds about right. My guys that are big in the Midland Texas area said their break even is 45 a barrel so about 20 higher for Canada is about right.
I know everyone is loving cheaper gas but long term it is hurting us bad.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I have been telling people this, but all they see is the short term and how good it is for them. This WILL cause problems...

That is one thing I give my company props for they give no yearly raise no cost of living raise none of that. They make it known any raise you get is directly tied to your performance. They will sit the people down that don't get them and explain why and the ones that do get them get a substantial raise well above a cost of living. No one complains because they know they hold the cards (other than one or two who think the world is out to get them).

What is interesting to me we have people going on 6-7 years and sometimes more without a raise and they are fine with the status quo. They have no drive to do more to make more. It is mind blowing to me that someone would take every opportunity to make as much as they can.

I hear ya Ron. We get quarterly bonuses, and the 4th quarter is especially lucrative. But our companies philosophy - and one I agree with - is that if you miss time you aren't contributing to the companies profitability. Yet every quarter I see guys calling out, then b*tch when they don't get a bonus. I get sometimes major things come up, but not coming in because you have a bad cold, etc just doesn't wash with me.

Hurt my heel at some point this weekend. Not sure exactly what I did but mid way through my round on Saturday it started killing me. Was able to get through the round and Sundays round but am paying for it so far the last two days. Not sure exactly what I did or if there is anything I can do to alleviate some of the pain .

Be careful with this Ron. Newglfer is correct. I tore my PF, and my feet ( and I am confident it is what is causing my knee / hip issues ) haven't been right since. I would get it looked at though, could be a bone spur, etc. - though my bet is on the PF

Be careful with this Ron. Newglfer is correct. I tore my PF, and my feet ( and I am confident it is what is causing my knee / hip issues ) haven't been right since. I would get it looked at though, could be a bone spur, etc. - though my bet is on the PF

Just to expand on this a little, the spur seen on X-Ray is not the root cause of the pain associated with the heel. It's just a reaction of the bone to the stress placed upon it. This is one of the biggest misconceptions about "heel pain" in general. It's a soft tissue injury 99.9% of the time.

The line of traffic to get into Giant Eagle has got to be a mile long, can't a lady just get some gift cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to expand on this a little, the spur seen on X-Ray is not the root cause of the pain associated with the heel. It's just a reaction of the bone to the stress placed upon it. This is one of the biggest misconceptions about "heel pain" in general. It's a soft tissue injury 99.9% of the time.

Exactly. Thing for me was, when I tore my PF, I had no idea it was coming. No pain leading up to it, etc. I was goofing around when a friend hit a high lob shot-I acted like I was going to run under and catch it, then just heard a pop, then got the bruising. Never really hurt that bad. The best thing was when I went I the ortho a couple days later and he said "basically, you performed surgery on yourself." Never got a boot, anything.

I hate waiting. I understand it's part of the process, but my goodness it makes me antsy! When it might have some major implications on my future, that's when things get a little tense.
Looks like this will last through the holidays. Ugh. But I hope it'll be worth it!

Playing with dogs and went to stand up and heard pop behind my leg and down I went. Left leg right behind knee. So much pain.

Playing with dogs and went to stand up and heard pop behind my leg and down I went. Left leg right behind knee. So much pain.
Damn brother. You really don't need that right now.

Sounds like a Popliteal cyst may have ruptured. Hurts like hell, but is not a bad injury, structurally.
Is the knee joint loose at all?

It's raining and my Christmas Eve round will be sloppy wet. But at least I get a Christmas Eve round this year.

Sounds like a Popliteal cyst may have ruptured. Hurts like hell, but is not a bad injury, structurally.
Is the knee joint loose at all?

No issue with knee joint. What is that and how bad is it?

You are getting old quick! Did you ever get the hernia fixed?

You are getting old quick! Did you ever get the hernia fixed?

If by fixed you mean nothing at all, then yes.

That happened to me and it was the ACL, you will know if you try and swing a club and go down again.

No issue with knee joint. What is that and how bad is it?
Cyst that is formed by the joint fluid in the knee.
It isn't bad. If you were feeling "fullness" in your knee before, that will get better.
The painful part is that the fluid from the cyst is now tracking around the back of the knee.
Ice, advil and rest is the treatment, and you will be fine within a week.
Unless it is something else, but it sounds like that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back