The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should hire me even though I don't have any fancy letters after my name. Just saying. :D

(the closest I've gotten to BGP is making sure customers have jumbo frame support enabled so we don't silently drop BGP packets :bulgy-eyes: )

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thats probably more than this guy knew. I'm not into the fancy letters either

Wowzers the exchange rate is terrible right now. THP Belt is paid for, and I am done cross-border shopping for a while now.

So many ponders what have to be put on hold for now.
It's brutal and its seriously making me rethink my plans for the year.

Same for me... Other than the deal that got me an Odyssey MXM #7 for $99 US ... It was still a good deal!

My potential first THP events are super in doubt right now, just based on the dollar. Looks like Minnesota or Saskatchewan might be my only forrays to golf with THP'ers this year..... a big blow to my hopes of hitting a big event.

Luckily the bags I got on the weekend were from in-town, a huge savings avoiding the exchange.

The Official Rant of the Day

CCIE SP and CCIE RS written and couldn't remember any show commands to troubleshoot a BGP issue and no basic knowledge on vrrp. Anyways rant over as I liked what my manager told me about a candidate that applied yesterday

HA!!! I know all of those letters. Except I really don't do any of that now. The joys of being an Application SME.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

My back just won't seem to heal. I am trying to be patient, but not being able to exercise or swing a club is starting to work my nerves. It could be much worse though and I almost feel guilty mentioning in the thread.
I indirectly feel your pain. Well, at least my daughter does. She is a good high school golfer on a team poised to make a third straight trip to the State tournament in Texas. But, she tweaked her back in September and basically has not been able to swing a club since. Treatments, training to strengthen core, and a cortisone injection about a month ago. No dice. Took her to another doc last week and she is getting another injection this week, and if that does not completely fix it a third in a couple of weeks. Sciatica at 16 is no bueno.

Really hating my current work situation and not seeing anything I can apply to around here. Has me really freaking stressed out.

Really hating my current work situation and not seeing anything I can apply to around here. Has me really freaking stressed out.
Sorry buddy. I know this issue has been lingering for a while. I really hope something breaks for you soon.

My back just won't seem to heal. I am trying to be patient, but not being able to exercise or swing a club is starting to work my nerves. It could be much worse though and I almost feel guilty mentioning in the thread.
Hang in there and stay patient. It took a solid two months for mine to somewhat consistently quiet down. It sucks not having your health and not being able to do what you love. Sorry.

Hate hearing this, buddy.

I indirectly feel your pain. Well, at least my daughter does. She is a good high school golfer on a team poised to make a third straight trip to the State tournament in Texas. But, she tweaked her back in September and basically has not been able to swing a club since. Treatments, training to strengthen core, and a cortisone injection about a month ago. No dice. Took her to another doc last week and she is getting another injection this week, and if that does not completely fix it a third in a couple of weeks. Sciatica at 16 is no bueno.
Hate to hear about your daughter's back. I hope that she gets some relief soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JH
Have you had it looked at? Sometimes rest won't help. If it's an alignment issue, movement pattern issue, etc you may want to see a really good chiro, PT, etc. I have taken time off for my back time to time, and it didn't really do much. Corrective care & exercise may be what you need.

Apologies if you have already went this route! And I do know how frustrating it can get - hope things get better!
Yeah, I had it checked it it was diagnosed as a server muscle strain with inflammation. It has gotten better, but it is slow in doing so and it just won't seem to get back to 100%. Hopefully it will get there in the next few days.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This weekend is going to suck. Snowstorm hitting Friday and this area is going to go into panic mode. Will probably be Monday by time some areas get cleaned up.

This weekend is going to suck. Snowstorm hitting Friday and this area is going to go into panic mode. Will probably be Monday by time some areas get cleaned up.

Stay safe, buddy. I think this one is missing us for the most part.

Have they cleaned the shelves of Wonder bread and moo juice up your way yet?

That reminds me, I need to go start the tractors up and run them a bit before Friday. Usually they get some use before now but they've been sitting a while.

Come east. The Carolinas would love to have you. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Going to THE PGA merchandise show. Driving because I may, just may pick up another dog in NC on the way back. BUT, big snowstorm expected to start late Friday nite. Driving from NJ right into the storm! Not looking forward to that!

Just had to pass up a chance to go to the PGA Show. All I would've had to pay for was my food and golf while I was down there. Stupid responsibilities.

Just had to pass up a chance to go to the PGA Show. All I would've had to pay for was my food and golf while I was down there. Stupid responsibilities.
That sucks! I'd imagine it's one heck of a time in person. Luckily THP will provide great coverage!

Have they cleaned the shelves of Wonder bread and moo juice up your way yet?

That reminds me, I need to go start the tractors up and run them a bit before Friday. Usually they get some use before now but they've been sitting a while.

I haven't been to the store yet. I will make a trip today to grab a couple small items that we need regardless of weather coming but I'm sure come tomorrow or Friday morning at the latest it will be like a hurricane hit the stores

Stay safe, buddy. I think this one is missing us for the most part.

thanks. Will be fun to watch this place freak out again and laugh at how pitiful the road crews aren't clearing snow.

Welcome to my world, brosephus.

I'm supposed to be flying down that way Sunday night for a 3 day meeting. I'm guessing that's not going to happen.

#Adulting

Sometimes, it's not fun.

Leak upstairs this weekend came through our kitchen ceiling. This should be fun, and right after ordering 3k worth of new windows.
YAY the leak turned out to be not as bad as we thought, so the plumbing bill won't be like $500, but now I have to get the ceiling done, probably about 3 sheets of drywall's worth. Hopefully can find a reasonable and reliable person to do it. We've been a little off target in picking contractors lately; thankfully it was for small stuff.

On a plane this afternoon to Bogota, meeting Thursday morning then fly to Cartagena for a Friday Meeting then home Sat. afternoon then out again Monday for 4 days in the Dominican Republic. Just when the perfect Golfing weather has hit Florida (in the afternoon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back