The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

I'm not sure how the PGA Tour decides how they'll award FedEx Cup points, but it makes sense that they'd wanna give lots of points for their premier event so they'll have a strong field.

The OWGR gives 100 points to the winner of the 4 Majors and only 80 to The Players winner and 76 to two of the WGC winners and 72 to two of the WGC winners. That's based on the strength of the field so I'd assume it could change from year to year. I'm not interested enough to research it.

It's obvious which FOUR tournaments are Majors if any thought is put into the question at all.
Please tell what is the so obvious reason the PGA Championship is a major and the Players is not.

Please tell what is the so obvious reason the PGA Championship is a major and the Players is not.

I already did.

And back to your regularly scheduled thread!

Rory stays #1 with another top 5 finish, and Brooks drops to 3.

I'd love to be so good that I could also make a top 5 finish look disappointing. haha

I'd love to be so good that I could also make a top 5 finish look disappointing. haha
I'll be curious to see if we end up with a battle between Rahm, Brooks and Rory for this top spot soon.

It's funny how that works. Been on a crazy streak of great finishes, but has seemed a bit disappointing

Rory with a 66 today despite starting +1 thru 5 holes. Just watched his speed round and his back 9 was impressive

Rory with a 66 today despite starting +1 thru 5 holes. Just watched his speed round and his back 9 was impressive
That bunker shot. 😧

Rory is literally at a point where finishing 2nd is a disappointment, it's amazing. Cant wait to watch this weekend .

Anyone know why Rory has 22 on his golf ball?

Rory’s putting stroke looks better than usual to me today. Very square, on plane, and stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here comes Rory...

What he said in his interview about the ball being rolled back and the technology....I knew I liked Rory, but that was perfect well said and 100% spot on. (y)👊:cool:

Today I became a Rory fan.

CaCan't believe he missed the cut as defender at TPC. One week he,llooks good, the next, rubbish. Really never sure which way his game is moving.

CaCan't believe he missed the cut as defender at TPC. One week he,llooks good, the next, rubbish. Really never sure which way his game is moving.
He admitted today in an interview that chasing speed/distance has hurt his game and he needs to get back to where he was before.

The interview he gave after his round today was phenomenal, per usual. It can be seen here: Twitter Link / Instagram Link

Rory isn't my favorite golfer but you have to respect the fact that he gives brutally honest interviews and he grinds on the course.

one of the longest players in the game is being impacted by Bryson.

Wow. That is SO telling about the Bryson impact, and it's kind of cool.
What Bryson is doing for the game is fantastic and pretty remarkable. I respect the hell out of his work ethic and love of the game. With that being said, I do think he is an overrated player at the moment. Don’t get me wrong, his putting is very good but if you bring his distances back to more traditional tour yardages I don’t think he’d be a household name. To hit a 200 yard 9 iron and not be dominating the field is kind of disappointing. But back to Rory!

Back