It’s box season and Remus is taking full advantage. He wasn’t before, but he is becoming an if I fits I sits cat.
9F74699A-516F-4AFE-B615-A2D85DB1682A.jpeg

Looks like someone else may want in that box or is made he/she didn't get it first.
A fight ensued shortly after the photo was taken :LOL:

Had to put my best buddy down today. Vet said cancer overtook him.

Henry was almost 12.

Couldn't ask for a better buddy!!

BEFC466B-6A7C-41A8-BDD2-9CF365EA01C7.jpeg

Henry was almost 12.

View attachment 9049025
I am so sorry to hear this. What a beautiful friend. Too many of these posts lately and it is always heartbreaking to read. There are no words but no doubt you were lucky to have him and he was lucky to have you and the good memories will live on forever.

Christmas card ready!

IMG_20211201_194057.jpg

Henry was almost 12.

Really sorry for your loss, it's never easy. We are nearing a decision on our sweet girl. She's 17.5+ years old and has really slowed down over the last month or so. We actually had an appointment to take her in last Friday, but cancelled it. It seems like she's getting worse since then. This one will be really tough. She was the first dog my wife and I had together and is the sweetest dog I've ever seen. So smart too.

Nothing is scheduled yet, but it won't be long I'm afraid.

Friends of ours whose dog passed away a while ago just rescued a Pitt mix. Named him Arnie. We gave Arnie an Animal Planet Orbee Tough ball. Thats my go to gift when friends get a dog. Ive said this before they are indestructible and our girl loves them as well. Apparently Arnie actually went to sleep with it. Whatever his life was before he is in a good home now and is going to have a great and happy life.6662CCEC-9991-4213-9756-5ACDB7FBA9FD.jpeg

Henry was almost 12.

View attachment 9049025
What a sweet face!! So sorry to hear this. It is so painful when we lose a 4 legged family member. They change us forever though..they make us nicer, more patient and more loving and that's part of the gift that an animal's love provides. May the memories help ease your loss.

This is Hoss. He was a rescue and thats the name he came with. He was displaced during one of the hurricanes in SC about 6 yrs ago. We've had him for a 4.5 years. We were looking for a "family" dog and we thought that meant a typical lab/retriever of some kind. When we went to one of the events where the dogs were all outside, he looked scrawny with his ribs poking out and his head looked too big...lol. And yet, he was probably the most outgoing of any dog we met and he kept coming up to say hi and greet us (my wife, myself and especially the boys). He wasn't spooked by all the dogs and people around him and had just such an incredible temperament. I took him for a walk and quickly realized how powerful he is..even though he's more of a mid-sized dog...56 pounds. We really weren't in the market for pit-mix and I was a bit intimidated by him at first. The Director of the rescue agency said she had zero hesitation about giving him to family but that he just needed LOTS of exercise (she wasn't kidding). He literally picked us and made it impossible to leave there without him. When I got him to the SUV, we put him in the back while I built the crate that we had just bought. I finished building it and tried to pull him out so I could put the crate in. He splayed all 4 legs and refused to get out because he must've thought that he was being returned to the shelter...it was sweet and sad at the same time. Finally we got him in the crate and he settled in for the ride home. He finally had a family and a home.

Fast forward over 4 years: this dog has been the nicest, most gentle, most playful and amazing dog we've had. He is high energy and loves to play and run but he is a massive cuddler and wants to sleep on or next to you once he's done playing. He loves the kids and they wrestle and play keep away with him all the time and I think he likes my wife best since she works from home. He doesn't let other dogs get him worked up, but can hold his own if one gets too aggressive. I was a bit skeptical about the Staffordshire breed but this guy has opened my eyes. What an athlete he is, the speed and agility are breathtaking. Life really hasn't been the same since he arrived...we feel lucky to have found him.

Attachments

• IMG_7294 2.png
    IMG_7294 2.png
    152.8 KB · Views: 20
This is Hoss. He was a rescue and thats the name he came with. He was displaced during one of the hurricanes in SC about 6 yrs ago. We've had him for a 4.5 years. We were looking for a "family" dog and we thought that meant a typical lab/retriever of some kind. When we went to one of the events where the dogs were all outside, he looked scrawny with his ribs poking out and his head looked too big...lol. And yet, he was probably the most outgoing of any dog we met and he kept coming up to say hi and greet us (my wife, myself and especially the boys). He wasn't spooked by all the dogs and people around him and had just such an incredible temperament. I took him for a walk and quickly realized how powerful he is..even though he's more of a mid-sized dog...56 pounds. We really weren't in the market for pit-mix and I was a bit intimidated by him at first. The Director of the rescue agency said she had zero hesitation about giving him to family but that he just needed LOTS of exercise (she wasn't kidding). He literally picked us and made it impossible to leave there without him. When I got him to the SUV, we put him in the back while I built the crate that we had just bought. I finished building it and tried to pull him out so I could put the crate in. He splayed all 4 legs and refused to get out because he must've thought that he was being returned to the shelter...it was sweet and sad at the same time. Finally we got him in the crate and he settled in for the ride home. He finally had a family and a home.

Fast forward over 4 years: this dog has been the nicest, most gentle, most playful and amazing dog we've had. He is high energy and loves to play and run but he is a massive cuddler and wants to sleep on or next to you once he's done playing. He loves the kids and they wrestle and play keep away with him all the time and I think he likes my wife best since she works from home. He doesn't let other dogs get him worked up, but can hold his own if one gets too aggressive. I was a bit skeptical about the Staffordshire breed but this guy has opened my eyes. What an athlete he is, the speed and agility are breathtaking. Life really hasn't been the same since he arrived...we feel lucky to have found him.
That is awesome and they say that a dog will always choose you, you don't choose them. He is gorgeous.

Hoss looks and sounds like a typical Staffie and you are very lucky. They are famous for their loving nature, sadly , like pit bulls they can attract the wrong sort of owner.

No such thing as a bad dog, only bad owners....

Back