The Photography Thread

Last edited:
Got a Sony A7ii late 2019 and have been having a bunch of fun learning the camera. Here are a couple of photos from recent trip to Louisville for the Derby City Classic and a couple from Buffalo Trace distillery. Insta is @shev_j_lee if anyone wants to follow and thanks to anyone that does.View attachment 8925859View attachment 8925859View attachment 8925860View attachment 8925861View attachment 8925861View attachment 8925862View attachment 8925869View attachment 8925870
Cool photos! I'm a Nikon D750 shooter but I always liked Sony A7 series. They seem to do especially well with colder tones in low light.

Cool photos! I'm a Nikon D750 shooter but I always liked Sony A7 series. They seem to do especially well with colder tones in low light.
Thanks I have been happy with the camera. Most of the complaints are about the Sony menu system. Since this was my first camera in a while, I haven't had those issues.

Anyone thinking of picking up the new D780? I held off on the Z6 until I was sure what the specs are on the D780. Seems like a solid body and all-around winner but not enough - leaning towards the Z6 now.

Anyone thinking of picking up the new D780? I held off on the Z6 until I was sure what the specs are on the D780. Seems like a solid body and all-around winner but not enough - leaning towards the Z6 now.
Nope. I am moving away from Nikon and focusing on my Leicas and Fuji. I'm a sucker for reflex, but I'm tired of lugging around big cameras.

Nope. I am moving away from Nikon and focusing on my Leicas and Fuji. I'm a sucker for reflex, but I'm tired of lugging around big cameras.
Damn. Both great setups man. Which Leica?

Damn. Both great setups man. Which Leica?
I've got an M6 which is my go to 35mm (also have a Nikon FE2, which was my first camera, and I'm not getting rid of)

I have an M9-P for digital

Fuji I have an X100F, which I shoot with more than anything. I really love it.

I've been going back and forth on buying a Leica Q2, but I'm not sure I'd like it as much as the x100, and it's $2500 more expensive. :rolleyes: And now with the new M10 Monocrhom on the horizon, I think I may shift my spending to a used Typ 246 (Monochrom) as the prices will be coming down significantly.

I jumped ship to Sony...I mostly shoot surfing and car racing so I went to the A6400...don’t love the ergonomics of the small body but that AF is the best I’ve seen to date. Was gonna grab an A7III but I don’t need that much camera for what I do. I still miss my d800e and d750, tho.

great camera there...still a solid pick for an all around shooter. I used mine for landscapes, portraits and surfing...was never displeased with what I got out of it. the only "drawback" was I wanted higher FPS for action/sports

D71349B0-C647-4A64-B8D8-5FFC349D7DDF.jpeg

:cool:

I am torn between golf and shooting a contest this weekend...

I think that may happen...I just had some last minute errands pop up for tomorrow so running off to the coast may have to wait. plus, I got my putter regripped and i'd like to see if my adjusted set up for my driver is "for real" and repeatable.

Couldn't post the full sized version of the last one...shooting with an Olympus OM-D E5 Mark III. Really digging my switch to Micro 4/3rds vs full frame for a backpacking / travel rig.

Roxborough State Park, CO
20200221-_2210091-2.jpg

Downtown Seattle on 5th

20200109-_1090688.jpg

South Valley Park, Jefferson County, CO
southvalley.jpg

Setting on the back patio this morning and looked over and saw a hummingbird on a flowering red yucca plant.

4 30 20 Humminmgbird.jpg

Added this guy to the stable today to replace my aging X100s. I'm 3 shots in and head over heels in love. What an incredible improvement upon an already fantastic camera.

IMG_20200619_201025.jpg

Sending my Leica M6 in for a CLA, and still have a desire to buy the M Monochrom. The service shop has a Typ 262 which they'd give me at a steal (with a small trade in) and I'm very tempted.

So here is the question: do I take the deal on the Leica M (Typ 262) or hold out until I feel like dropping the scratch on the M Monochrom? What do you do?

since I am partial to black n' white, M Monochrom...but which is more useful to you? the steal? or the monochrome magnificence?

Back