I could do some serious damage on some sushi right now. I wish I had a couple pounds of ahi

I've been craving some. Lunch on my own means sushi time!
dae5d228cbf9a661bb22bd6d1cdc514e.jpg

I forgot to take pictures, although heck, I might have been thrown out if I had, but ... I was treated to an Omakase course at one of the top LA sushi restaurants, Sasabune. I haven't been there in at least 10 years.

Holy damn. Truly an amazing experience, like eating a symphony.

Oh man that sounds good D.

The Sushi Thread

I miss sushi. I need a sushi fix on my next THP trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man that sounds good D.

The chef was so phenomenal. He was checking with us every step figuring out what was next, where to challenge our taste buds, seeing how far we were willing to be pushed with textures. Truly a master craftsman. I walked away honored to have experienced it.

My daughter and I had a date night out before a basketball game this weekend and she finally got to have her first sushi experience, she loved it, cooked, raw and loved learning about how it's made. Now we have a favorite we can share moving forward as well!
IMG_8095_zpshf9xkuve.jpg

I regret stumbling upon this thread :drool::drool::drool:

Sushi tonight at an all you can eat sushi place was pretty darn good. Ate a lot of volcano rolls and tuna nigiri. Lots of good stuff though.

Sushi tonight at an all you can eat sushi place was pretty darn good. Ate a lot of volcano rolls and tuna nigiri. Lots of good stuff though.

Nigiri for the win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making me hungry...
e737a56dd32ce9114b91f700439fea87.jpg
this is what I like

THP Represent!

So we are going back for round 2 of the all you can eat sushi place and JB just told me to be prepared to be embarrassed. He's hungry and said he's getting his money's worth.

I'm a little scared haha.

So we are going back for round 2 of the all you can eat sushi place and JB just told me to be prepared to be embarrassed. He's hungry and said he's getting his money's worth.

I'm a little scared haha.

That's pretty awesome. Good luck.

Round 1
df3fdd76b768b050548e28dbaa51d93f.jpg

That looks fantastic. I need me some sushi, it has been far too long.

That looks fantastic. I need me some sushi, it has been far too long.

Place is holding up strong and they have tons of options.

Round 2
fd0f9831a2a89dc9c567d83e117a51c1.jpg

Final round
2982d10c927e654c2cea5a58afc068e9.jpg

helped a buddy move into his new house yesterday and his mother-in-law, who is from japan, had about a dozen platters of home made sushi spread out for us for our lunch break. salmon, tuna, eel, octopus, tempura, etc. etc. etc.

nom nom nom nom.

Pardon the presentation, but it's just me at home with some salmon accompanied by soy sauce, wasabi, and homemade spicy mayo

2e45017a365ff0a850b62be6f4b5c4d2.jpg

Love salmon.

Back