That's what everyone keeps telling me but then they take me to get the "good" stuff and it's as bad or worse than what I've already had. I'll keep on trying it just because, but at this point I feel like I've pretty much tried it all.
Come visit. I will take you to experience the best sushi outside of Japan (probably better than most in Japan as well.) Unfortunately it will ruin you for everything else, but it will be worth it.

I had been hesitant to try what I deem as real sushi. Sashimi, the raw stuff. But, had some recently at a local place in Dallas area and I was blown away with it. Only tried tuna and some sort of white fish.

Want to start expanding a bit more with it when we are able to.

I like Sushi as a snack but not as a full meal. I like sashimi and rolls and will try most things but I don't love eel.

I love sushi. Interestingly Sushi is kind of a local deal here and there is a lot of it. Some is good, others are ok. I typical;y eat sushi like once a month. but not so much recently.

I am also a fan of the poke bowl.

There's no way it could just be a snack. I'd order way too much every time.

Yepp, my last sushi outing I ordered so much it came on a boat....

I miss sushi! The new place here in Nocatee hasn’t opened yet. Would definitely order take out, but would be a little skeptical with it being right next door to the Urgent Care clinic here in town.
Counting the days down until I can gorge on some!

Love sushi! The raw as well as the cooked types. I haven't tried takeout other than grabbing some from the local grocery store.

I miss sushi! The new place here in Nocatee hasn’t opened yet. Would definitely order take out, but would be a little skeptical with it being right next door to the Urgent Care clinic here in town.
Counting the days down until I can gorge on some!
My favorite Thai restaurant in Hong Kong is next door to a veterinary hospital...

I had been hesitant to try what I deem as real sushi. Sashimi, the raw stuff. But, had some recently at a local place in Dallas area and I was blown away with it. Only tried tuna and some sort of white fish.

Want to start expanding a bit more with it when we are able to.
Good for you! I love sushi. It was one of the 3 I kept for 5 years! 1A4A8900-46AC-4BD8-BC5E-732BFDAF1CF8.jpeg
I can’t wait to go to our favorite late night happy hour spot when this whole thing is over.

5DFB7A70-F029-47BC-8FCD-3FA3FB8EF6ED.jpeg

Come visit. I will take you to experience the best sushi outside of Japan (probably better than most in Japan as well.) Unfortunately it will ruin you for everything else, but it will be worth it.

Where is this wonderful place thou speakest of? I have eaten a few places in your neck of the woods....all good...but ruinous for all future spots, not so much.

Where is this wonderful place thou speakest of? I have eaten a few places in your neck of the woods....all good...but ruinous for all future spots, not so much.
My personal favorite is a spot called Echigo in West LA - hands down my favorite around the world. Super unassuming place above a Pizza Hut. You're most certainly not paying for anything but the food (and pay you will, if you're likely to get carried away, like I do;)) as there are no frills here - just great fish. They only serve a traditional menu, no rolls, no spicy mixed fish, etc. But the staff takes great pride in their work and will work with you to find something you will love if you are a picky eater (I've never had a single item there that I didn't find to be divine.)

Another place that is absolutely worth a visit is Yamakase (also West LA.) It's invite only, as they only do two seatings a night, but it's not difficult to get your name on the list - you may just have to wait a couple of months

My personal favorite is a spot called Echigo in West LA - hands down my favorite around the world. Super unassuming place above a Pizza Hut. You're most certainly not paying for anything but the food (and pay you will, if you're likely to get carried away, like I do;)) as there are no frills here - just great fish. They only serve a traditional menu, no rolls, no spicy mixed fish, etc. But the staff takes great pride in their work and will work with you to find something you will love if you are a picky eater (I've never had a single item there that I didn't find to be divine.)

Another place that is absolutely worth a visit is Yamakase (also West LA.) It's invite only, as they only do two seatings a night, but it's not difficult to get your name on the list - you may just have to wait a couple of months

Nice. I have been to Miyagi and Sugarfish. I have added these to my list...thanks a mil!

Sushi wasn't much of a thing for me growing up, but over the last few years I've started to have it a little more often. My oldest daughter really likes it, as does my GF. So, it's been something I've tried more often as of late and find I do enjoy the flavors, especially the spicy rolls (all kinds).

I have had times where I was frequent to the sushi bar and knew the chef well. Wouldn't order, just eat what was tossed over the counter. That was CT. I'm now in VA and while I haven't found a great place, I have found a very good place. VA has something I have never seen before...All you can eat sushi. So the one place as I have tried about 6 different in the greater Norfolk area...is pretty good and is 21 bucks for dinner all you can eat. So, some of the stand by rolls spicy this and that volcano rainbow spider.....It's not zagat high 20's stuff but it's pretty good.

I love sushi. But recently I have trended more towards poke bowls..

I have to admit. I recoiled a bit at the title. But reading the description it sounds really good. I may have to subtract or ask for a bit less lox as I think a little goes a long way in sushi but I really like the idea of this.

Just about my favorite food ever is Hokaido Hotate (scallop). In LA we go for Nijiya market nigiri, maki & sashimi.

Back