8A682899-C05E-49A5-B9CC-9B5927864439.jpeg

I have lived in Okinawa and Japan: I will eat the rolls but I love the sushi and sashimi...Tuna, eel, octopus,
not thing on this platter i would not eat...Sushi_platter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I have lived in Okinawa and Japan: I will eat the rolls but I love the sushi and sashimi...Tuna, eel, octopus,
not thing on this platter i would not eat...View attachment 8911044

sushi in Tokyo is like waaaaaaaaay high on my Foodie Bucket List.
That plate looks amazing. Except the octopus, not a big fan.

Wife ordered take out from Sugar Fish tonight. I'm skeptical of take out, high end, sushi, but I will report back

If you're unfamiliar with the brand, all you need to know is that Sugar Fish is the product of the offspring of Kazunori Nozawa, a renowned chef in Los Angeles, colloquially known as the "Sushi Nazi."

After Nozawa retired, his son decided to take his father's technique to the masses, seeking out venture capital and opening a nationwide chain of restaurants that adhere to the strict Nozawa sushi traditions.

While it's not Sushi Nozawa, Sugar fish offers some really incredible cuts of fish at very affordable prices. The omakase, for example, is only $38 and consists of 10 pieces of fish, two hand rolls, and two appetizers.

First thing to note, the hand rolls in take out form are cut rolls. No biggie.

Fresh seaweed is not the same when it's traveled for 20 minutes by car. It loses its crispness. Delicious nonetheless

The rice is not warm when it gets home. That's one of the things I love about high end sushi, but in times like these, I'll take what I can get.

I miss sushi. :(

Me too. It's going to be a few months until I can have again.
Same here. I’ve been banned from going anywhere near Tulsa by the Doc. She’s the boss.

We ordered from a new place(for us) the other night. It was OK. I'd give them another shot.

Same here. I’ve been banned from going anywhere near Tulsa by the Doc. She’s the boss.

My favorite place here in Augusta is a sushi buffet. My wife already was strongly against it, now I wont even trust it.

After discovering this thread last night.. It has been the only thing on mind. Not a bad thing..

I miss it as well, but I may never have it again. I am allergic to rice. Guess I ate to much while living in the DC area with the all you can eat sushi bar. 🤣
I can honestly say, I’ve never heard of that before! Oh that SUCKS dude!

oh its been a minute since the sushi night has been a thing...

There are only 3 things I won't eat: Liver, brussel sprouts and sushi. I've got a cast iron stomach and will eat just about anything that marginally falls into the food category, even things like squirrel, ostrich, alligator and snake. Heck, I'll even eat Spam and McDonalds if I have to, and I love a good California roll, but if all that was left on Earth was brussel sprouts, liver and sushi then I'd be dead of starvation in a month.

There are only 3 things I won't eat: Liver, brussel sprouts and sushi. I've got a cast iron stomach and will eat just about anything that marginally falls into the food category, even things like squirrel, ostrich, alligator and snake. Heck, I'll even eat Spam and McDonalds if I have to, and I love a good California roll, but if all that was left on Earth was brussel sprouts, liver and sushi then I'd be dead of starvation in a month.
You just haven't had the right stuff.

You just haven't had the right stuff.
That's what everyone keeps telling me but then they take me to get the "good" stuff and it's as bad or worse than what I've already had. I'll keep on trying it just because, but at this point I feel like I've pretty much tried it all.

Back