The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray, is it just your knees? If not, you should look at a switch to graphite. I can offer some help if you're interested in pursuing it, not to mention a few others around here.

I did a chip and putt practice session tonight with the boy.

Went to the rang to work primarily on my driver as I've been hitting nasty, smothered hooks with my driver and 3w from the tee. Range session wasn't much better. Just can't seem to figure out my what's going on. Time for a lesson.

Went to the range and hit about 150 balls and then chipped and putted.

My game is just solid right now. Solid for me, at least. The contact with all my clubs is crisp, and way more often than not the ball is going where I am aiming.

Went to the range and hit about 150 balls and then chipped and putted.

My game is just solid right now. Solid for me, at least. The contact with all my clubs is crisp, and way more often than not the ball is going where I am aiming.

Isn't that nice? I'm definitely on the upswing with irons right now and it's fun.

Isn't that nice? I'm definitely on the upswing with irons right now and it's fun.

It really is. Playing probably the hardest course in KC (at least that I have ever played) Saturday, weather permitting, and I cannot wait to see how I do. Tons of sand and water. Should be a great test for me.

I truly feel like this swing is capable of consistent rounds in the 70s. Just have to keep it together for 18 holes

Stay loose and you'll be fine. Good luck buddy!

Man, I am hoping for October. The next two months are going to be stupid busy for me.

Man, I am hoping for October. The next two months are going to be stupid busy for me.

My birthday is in October. It can be a present to myself

EDIT: We have the same birthday, I forgot about that hehe

I was thinking about that. Probably will want to do it earlier though. It starts to get on the cold side around here about the time of my birthday.

I was thinking about that. Probably will want to do it earlier though. It starts to get on the cold side around here about the time of my birthday.

Oh I was not saying it had to be on our birthdays, just my excuse for going to Iowa haha.

I have faith we can make it happen. We need to make it happen

We will. I think Oct will be the perfect time. Let's do it right and play 36.

I really want to play Harvester. I wonder if it will be cheaper. I think they have an all day rate. Only thing we'll have to be careful about is not getting there right after they punch the greens. Most do it in October.

Took my son to an event tonight that was right next to a golf course, so I hit the range.

As I had guessed, my swing has mostly returned to its pre-MC form. Amazing how much easier it is to hit the ball standing calmly on the range rather than in the heat of a match play match.

Worked on releasing to my target and getting much better lag. It went well.

I really want to play Harvester. I wonder if it will be cheaper. I think they have an all day rate. Only thing we'll have to be careful about is not getting there right after they punch the greens. Most do it in October.

Ya looks like $140 for all day there as opposed to $99 for 18 holes.

TCI would be $89 for 36 holes that same time of the year

I would be down for either man. Never played Harvesters but it looks gorgeous

Had a really good range session this afternoon. Had 3 new clubs to break-in (2 wedges and 1 hybrid), so spent first bucket with wedges, then worked through the bag to the hybrid with the 2nd bucket. Love the new clubs, so far. Striped a number of 3-woods and drives, then hit 40 sand shots. Just felt really comfortable with the swing - seemed I was getting good distance/direction with less effort. Darn! Sure wish I had enough time to take that to the course, today.

Ya looks like $140 for all day there as opposed to $99 for 18 holes.

TCI would be $89 for 36 holes that same time of the year

I would be down for either man. Never played Harvesters but it looks gorgeous

Let me do some poking around to see how scheduling will work and I'll get hold of you.

First range session since the Morgan Cup.
Pulled a PW to warm up with and was striking it wonderfully. Moved to 7, then 9, 8, 3H. Hitting everything very good.

Moved onto driver and that's where the struggles were today. Some good but some pulls. Couldn't really find the rhythm for it.

Went over to GS and was hitting some drivers comparing to mine and Playdough was looking at some numbers and pointed out my backspin on driver is much to high. Must still be getting to steep. Hard to break the bad habits. Seems like I'm doing much better adding depth to my iron swing but have to check that as well.

Putting lesson tomorrow. Ready to start saving more strokes with the putter. Looking forward to it.

Having a problem aiming. Was on the range today with my partner in crime who is also my golf partner in a league. He pointed out a few weeks ago that my back foot was slightly infront of my front foot (aiming left). So today we place a club on the ground to keep my feet square. Looking for any other pointers or drills I can use to help with aiming or keeping my feet square. Thanks in advance!!!

Good day at the range. Hit a couple bags, mostly good, even hit the driver well today

Did 45 min of short game and putting, which like many of us I should be doing more of.

I discovered I have been casting, and have started doing drills to fix it.

Golf if stupid. What other sport can you achieve reasonable levels of competence then suddenly forget the basics. It is like a marathon runner suddenly not being able to walk.

Or the guy in Airplane! who develops the "drinking problem"

Just wish I could repeat a swing. I wouldn't care if it sucked, just let me be repeatable & predictable.

I came into this thread and whined yesterday before golf league. I should do it more often, as I had one of my better ball-striking days ever at league last night.

:alien2:

I came into this thread and whined yesterday before golf league. I should do it more often, as I had one of my better ball-striking days ever at league last night.

:alien2:

And a THP superstition is born!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back