• Total voters

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
So, I recently got in some pieces of the new Callaway Fall 19 weather lineup and there is a vest included, which I’ve never been one to roll with, ever.

But now I kind of dig it, a lot.

Is it just getting older, or is the vest a worthy accessory? What’s your take on the vest, yay or nay?

Vest goes the way of Visors with me, it's almost like they are missing something:ROFLMAO:. So NAY

100% yay. Layer up, keep that core warm. Plus they're super easy to pack in a side pouch.

What kind of vest are we talking? Like a sweater vest or a pullover 1/4 zip vest? If it’s the latter I don’t mind one on a chilly morning or if it’s a bit windy. Not restricting and provides a little wind resistance and warmth

I wasn’t a vest person until last fall. Picked one up at a tourney where the weather had gotten pretty chilly and now I’m a huge fan. Easy to swing in, and it hides my dad bod quite well. Win win

• Staff
What kind of vest are we talking? Like a sweater vest or a pullover 1/4 zip vest? If it’s the latter I don’t mind one on a chilly morning or if it’s a bit windy. Not restricting and provides a little wind resistance and warmth
Golf centric. So either full zip or 1/4.

and I didn’t even know 1/4 zip vests were a thing, that might’ve changed my tune earlier.:)

I wasn’t a vest person until last fall. Picked one up at a tourney where the weather had gotten pretty chilly and now I’m a huge fan. Easy to swing in, and it hides my dad bod quite well. Win win
Well. Now I Have to rethink my opinion on vests. :ROFLMAO:

I always fear my arms will be cold. That’s where I feel cold most of the time, hence I don’t wear vests.

Golf centric. So either full zip or 1/4.

and I didn’t even know 1/4 zip vests were a thing, that might’ve changed my tune earlier.:)
I picked up a Puma one early this year since spring was so lousy and it ended up wearing more than I thought. I won’t go out of my way to wear one but I’m a fan in the right weather haha

I like them. I have a Mizuno Hayate windlite 1/4 zip vest and it is one of the best apparel purchases I've made.

Which brings me to a question - why doesn't mizuno seem to sell apparel in the US? Come on guys!

I've been pro vest since last fall.

Your vest and skinny jeans. I knew it.

Nah Ive busted out of those too many times. Nobody wants to see plumbers crack when I take the ball out of the hole.

Nah Ive busted out of those too many times. Nobody wants to see plumbers crack when I take the ball out of the hole.
Why you wearing jeans on the golf course? :mad:
:p:ROFLMAO:

Did you get any of the quilted styles?

Did you get any of the quilted styles?
I didn’t, and honestly I think I’d have been more apprehensive if I had. No clue why though.

I didn’t, and honestly I think I’d have been more apprehensive if I had. No clue why though.

The first time I got something of that style I was pretty "eh" on it. But during colder season rounds, I quickly became more of a fan. Add to a vest and I like because I feel like my arms don't get as constricted during the swing even if I have on some cold gear.

Bring on the vest. I like the versatility.

As a skier I’m a vest guy and this is the time of year I start to wear them. I prefer them for golf for ease of movement and unless it’s raining or below 15* they are my choice when running my daily activities. Only full zip skier vests in my wardrobe like this one.

33B33C05-C583-4C74-A01C-24E371F3CF48.jpeg

Big into the full zip vest. It’s an easy way to layer without getting too hot. RLX, Greyson; and Zero Restriction are my fave purveyors of the golf vest.

Layer up, can keep the arms swinging free while keeping midsection warm

I wear a vest every day at work so I'm definitely pro-vest, I just havent found one that I love for golf yet.

(y)(y) Vests are perfect for the fall weather.

Last edited:
Back