The Winter Olympics

Anyone else witness the mens Swiss luge guy just about crash and burn but manage to end up back on his sled and finish? Crap was nuts!

And when he lost control he probably crapped his pants too.

Anyone else witness the mens Swiss luge guy just about crash and burn but manage to end up back on his sled and finish? Crap was nuts!

That was pretty crazy. We were in a bar watching the replay coverage and people were going nuts.

I would think the moguls would hurt your knees, all that bouncing around...:confused2:

Spoiler
And lucky Apollo Ohno won Silver by default!!

Canada just won its first gold on home soil in the Mens Moguls. I was pretty pumped.

Oh ya, and a yank won bronze, not bad. I was just glad Begg-Smith didn't win gold

Canada just won its first gold on home soil in the Mens Moguls. I was pretty pumped.

Go Canada!! Alexandre Bilodeau was fantastic! :joy:

First ever olympic gold medal on home soil! Also the expression on Dale Begg-Smith (which was Canadian but left the country and now competes for Australia) was priceless! :smile-big:

I just got done watching some figure skating. Whats up with the Germans in the weird clown outfits. Im disturbed.

Oh ya, and a yank won bronze, not bad. I was just glad Begg-Smith didn't win gold

They were going big on the bumps yesterday. Congrats on the gold. I was rooting for Patrick Dennen, but was happy to see another member of the Hart Ski Team win (I ski Hart).

this has been a pretty entertaining olympics so far...
everything on so far has been exciting... cant wait for the snow boarder cross to start

I love the winter olympics! I actually find the winter olympics to be much more exciting to watch than the summer olympics.
My fav events are hockey, shorttrack and speed skating.

I never really watched speed skating before (let alone winter olympics) but dang, it is exciting!

Koreans almost took all 3 too... that would've been incredible!
Shorttrack is awesome!! Its arguably one of the most exciting events at the winter games.

My nephew is a curler, and he got my sister, (his aunt) and her husband into it. They love it. There's a club near us and the competition is pretty intense from what I understand. I haven't been.

Kevin
Curling looks like it would be fun, but no question that it would take years and years to get good at.

Nice win by the U.S. in hockey.

Go Canadians mens hockey! That was a slaughter!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

wait... what?... i missed it... dang

It was on at noon but they gave Russia/Lativa prime time? Go figure.

PS: Jeremy Roenick is an annoying commentator.

I'm a fan of the Russian men's hockey team.
As for USA, I would be worried. They should have won by much more.

I like the winter games way more than the summer ones. Maybe because I am from Canada? I just think the sports are much more exciting to watch.

I like the winter games way more than the summer ones. Maybe because I am from Canada? I just think the sports are much more exciting to watch.

I agree 100%! But for some reason Ive been very bored with the telecast this year. Not sure why.

I agree 100%! But for some reason Ive been very bored with the telecast this year. Not sure why.

For me it's because after every event they go to commercial. I swear there are more commercials than Olympic coverage that's the part that is annoying me.

lindsey jacobellis... wow... thats just heart breaking... she was destroying the competition in the prelims only to dq in the actually race

lindsey jacobellis... wow... thats just heart breaking... she was destroying the competition in the prelims only to dq in the actually race

I guess the snowboard cross Gods got to her after that showboat attempt in Torino.

today is the day to watch tho...
vonn... ohno... shani davis... white... thats like most of the usa powerhouses all in one day... cant wait
i think im gonna inquire on starting a hawaiian curling team

Shaun White tonight, baby. Don't miss it!

I don't watch any Olympics at all.

Ever since the Olympics went pro and the corporations took over, it's nothing close to what it's supposed to be, so what's the point?

-JP

Back