The Worst has Happened.........

instant3

Reaction score
Handicap
It is finally spring golf season in Iowa. I have been out a handful of times and played pretty well. But the worst thing possible happened to me this afternoon. I hit golf balls on my lunch break at the local course. After a few bags, I put my clubs back into my Jeep and went back to work. 45 minutes ago I rushed out the door and to my car to leave for a quick 18 in this lovely wind, only to find my jeep broken in to and my clubs gone. I called my Home Owners insurance policy holders as well as Auto insurance policy holders and they both informed me the clubs would not be covered, and the salt on the wound is my deductible is well over the price on a new back windshield. I do not have any money to get a new set that was half as good as what I had. I don't know what to do. AGHGHH.
/rant

Lowlifes...so sorry to hear this happened to you bud. Call the cops, file a police report, and hope. That's the best you can do in the meantime...

That blows!
I hope you re-investigate home owners policy, as I have always been told that car contents fall under that coverage. I do not know why golf clubs would not be covered.
Sorry.

Lowlifes...so sorry to hear this happened to you bud. Call the cops, file a police report, and hope. That's the best you can do in the meantime...

Got the Police report filed and am going to try my home owners policy again. They're listed on it, but when they're not at home the may not be covered. So dumb..... Really starting to think I am going to miss this years golf season.

sorry to hear that man. I hope something positive comes your way ASAP

that SUX, sry to hear that

Got the Police report filed and am going to try my home owners policy again. They're listed on it, but when they're not at home the may not be covered. So dumb..... Really starting to think I am going to miss this years golf season.

Unless you have a really weird policy, I don't believe that should be the case. I really hope this works out for you, man. I really hate thieves.

I really hate hearing these things. A$$holes are not willing to work for their things and steal from people who work hard for what they have. Sorry this happened to you.

Dayum that is horrible, sorry to hear that

I really hope they find them or insurance covers them. Either way, major inconvenience and opens my eyes to how ****** even a small town can be.

I just had an insurance gap check appointment with my agent and asked specifically about my clubs in the car and he assured me they were covered under my home owners. The issue is however, mine, (and many homeowners policies), have a deductible that would sort out pretty close to the cost to replace golf clubs - ($1500) Good Luck. I hope they catch the scumbag. Be sure to look at your local craigslist etc... just in case he lists them.

Sucks, sorry to hear! Id keep an eye on local pawn shops or Craigslist

Man that sucks a big one. I had my clubs stolen in 2002, but a bunch of other stuff was stolen too so the clubs were just a drop in the bucket. I was living in Los Angeles at the time and State Farm had a new set of Custom Fit Callaway X-14s in my possession within a week of the loss. At the time, Callaway was still manufacturing the clubs just south of LA so the turn around was insanely quick!

I just don't understand thieves.

That sucks, sorry to here that happend to you.

Any security cameras at work in the parking lot?

You might call local pawn shops to see if they might have them; or look for them on eBay

I just had an insurance gap check appointment with my agent and asked specifically about my clubs in the car and he assured me they were covered under my home owners. The issue is however, mine, (and many homeowners policies), have a deductible that would sort out pretty close to the cost to replace golf clubs - ($1500) Good Luck. I hope they catch the scumbag. Be sure to look at your local craigslist etc... just in case he lists them.

That's why you want to get either an Inland Marine policy or add them as Scheduled Personal Property. You can go down to no deductible and it's about $10 a year per $1,000 of coverage (depending on your insurance score) at no deductible. Problem is, you have to list everything. You can't lump it into "Golf Set, $1,500".

But yes, the homeowners should cover it. (Or for renters, their renter's policy would cover it, too)

I am sorry to hear that. Absolutely terrible someone would do that.

If the clubs were not scheduled items under the homeowners policy or insured separately under a Personal Articles Policy or Inland Marine Policy (different companies call them different things), then more than likely your clubs will be subject to your homeowners deductible. Same thing would apply to any jewelry and other valuables you would have. I would suggest calling your agent and asking to schedule an appointment to review all of your policies.

I am very sorry to hear this, hope the police can recover your set for you. If I had extra clubs I would send them your direction. Wishing you all the best, safe return on the clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear, and this is the reason I would never leave my clubs in sight in a vehicle. The world is full of scumbag's.

Terrible, sorry to hear I hope they find those responsible. Wishing you the best!

sorry to hear ... got my stolen out of my truck, and actually ended up with better clubs, as I had replace cost on my insurance policy.

Horrible news. I have become much more cautious with mine now while at a course.

I don't have any extra irons.

But if it helps you get started I'd be happy to send you, if you can cover shipping.
Optiforce Driver (r)
XHot hybrid
Cleveland Classic putter.
A couple old wedges by old they are less than 4 years old.

This is awful! I've always been nervous about my clubs getting stolen... I should probably check my insurance.

I went through the same thing a while back and just got my clubs all sorted out. Sucks that this happens to anyone. If you register your clubs include that number in the police report or if you have a gps/rangefinder include the serial number. If a pawn shop gets them they need to run those numbers to ensure that they are not stolen goods.

Look for suitable replacements on cpo or the market place here. Some great deals can be had, hope something positive happens with your insurance or somehow the thieves are found.

Back