THP & Callaway - The 1st Ultimate Club Testing Event

I think I'm going to turn my brain off until I'm there. I don't want to give myself a stroke trying to figure out what we're going to be testing or anything else.

I am with you on that!!! I keep thinking too about what they are going to have there and it is driving me nuts but then I think about what an awesome weekend it will be testing new gear and playing golf with some great people and that make it all better!!!

OK, to be clear, I'm not making any plans or suggesting that any plans be made by anyone, just throwing out ideas, being an active participant and hopefully of some value. I'll hold off on making any suggestions for a while.

Dont sweat it buddy. Just waiting on a few last minute things before we release a final itinerary and then people can start booking flights and making plans.

Yeah, I know not everyone is going to be doing the Thursday-Tuesday thing, but for those that do add an extra day on either/both sides of the weekend, I wanted to throw out some ideas since most of them aren't going to be familiar with the area or where to play, etc.

I'm in no rush to make plans. If talk of making the weekend longer fizzles out, I'll just show up at the prescribed time and place and be perfectly happy with what's already in store for us.

Good news is, your drive from Gainesville to there really can't be all that far.

Good news is, your drive from Gainesville to there really can't be all that far.

Not news to me. Don't doubt for a second that I won't travel for good golf though. I'm looking forward to many THP adventures, wherever they may take me ;)

Are we there yet???????

Lots of talk and excitement about this one discussed this weekend...cant wait

This will be a fun weekend for sure. I can't wait to see what is in store for us

This will be a fun weekend for sure. I can't wait to see what is in store for us

Feels like it's going to be the longest 11 weeks in the world

I have two events to break it up so I'm in a good spot

Lucky.

I have one. Pretty excited about that.

Back to Ultimate Club Testing, I had originally planned to work half a day and fly down but after the talk of some events going on earlier, I think I'm gonna catch an earlier flight and hopefully be in around 2 or 3.

I've got the Atlanta Invitational, but that's only two weeks before. Need to figure out who all had the Bella Colina deal and get that going to break up the lull between now and then.

I've got the Atlanta Invitational, but that's only two weeks before. Need to figure out who all had the Bella Colina deal and get that going to break up the lull between now and then.

I can't wait to talk this up with you at the ATL Invitational.

never mind - deal was only good through Aug 11

Last edited:
Any updates with this? I'd really like to get moving on plane tickets if possible.

Any updates with this? I'd really like to get moving on plane tickets if possible.

I understand and truly will have stuff done very soon.
Please remember that we have been on the road for a little while at a THP event and I am currently typing this from the back of the Tour Van and that the Callaway team is at Merion this week.

I understand and truly will have stuff done very soon.
Please remember that we have been on the road for a little while at a THP event and I am currently typing this from the back of the Tour Van and that the Callaway team is at Merion this week.

Oh I know you've been busy. Just trigger happy right now. The difference for me could be almost $400 and that gets me ready to buy buy buy.

Is there a chance this could be full of Mack Daddy 2 awesomeness.

Is there a chance this could be full of Mack Daddy 2 awesomeness.

While it might be, that will definitely not be the club people are testing.

While it might be, that will definitely not be the club people are testing.
It was worth a shot lol... My mind goes through all kinds of scenarios from time to time

With all the excitement around here today, I wanted to bump this one to the top. Was checking out flight options today, it will be here before we know it...cant wait!

I went ahead and bought my tickets. I couldn't wait any longer because they were slowly creeping up on me. I just got round trip for $315 with Southwest. They will also allow me to take my clubs at no charge. I had to jump on the deal because last week I could have gotten everything for $285.

If anyone wants to share a room Thursday, Sunday or Monday let me know. I am pretty sure we are staying at Mission Inn on Friday and Saturday but not Sunday night. I can get really good deals at any IHG hotel (Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, etc). I will check on those prices when I hear more about the itinerary.

I went ahead and bought my tickets. I couldn't wait any longer because they were slowly creeping up on me. I just got round trip for $315 with Southwest. They will also allow me to take my clubs at no charge. I had to jump on the deal because last week I could have gotten everything for $285.

If anyone wants to share a room Thursday, Sunday or Monday let me know. I am pretty sure we are staying at Mission Inn on Friday and Saturday but not Sunday night. I can get really good deals at any IHG hotel (Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, etc). I will check on those prices when I hear more about the itinerary.

Good call on the flight...it will be here before we know it.

This is a three day weekend, too. So travel is going to be a little more pricey. Has JB posted any more tidbits on what to expect that I missed? I know he said to keep an eye out before making travel arrangements. I'll likely be driving down Friday morning in hopes of a Friday afternoon round, and staying somewhere else Sunday night then leaving some time Monday depending on what's going on.

This is going to be awesome. The only thing that would make it better is showing up and putting whatever they have for us into a Callaway US Open staff bag...

Why am I saying the only thing? I should know better than to think Josh won't come up with some crazy announcement to blow our minds.

No announcements as of yet. Should have final itinerary for everybody next week once the US Open is over.

There is no emoticon in existence to sufficiently display my excitement.

Back