THP Fantasy Football Week 6 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 QB's on my roster right now, and I am not dropping any of them. There are no good RB's or WR's out there right now, so I will hold my QB's and hope someone has their QB go down. Then I will have the best trade bait and fill in with a good RB or WR. Your logic for dropping a QB is flawed, and is sounding like sour grapes because you don't have one. If you need one, I would be willing to bet that the people with multiple QB's are just waiting for your trade offers.

This. I had to give up a guy I didnt want to because I needed a QB. Having an extra QB is a very good thing. Ask War Eagle, I am sure he is more than happy with the trade we made, and trust me if I didnt think I needed a QB I would have never considered it

brick-loud-noises.jpg

I have 3 QB's on my roster right now, and I am not dropping any of them. There are no good RB's or WR's out there right now, so I will hold my QB's and hope someone has their QB go down. Then I will have the best trade bait and fill in with a good RB or WR. Your logic for dropping a QB is flawed, and is sounding like sour grapes because you don't have one. If you need one, I would be willing to bet that the people with multiple QB's are just waiting for your trade offers.

i just did this in my other league and it worked out well. i traded Fitzpatrick for larry fitzgerald and i still have stafford and brees... and this league i have 2 but its josh freeman and Mcnabb is my back up cause henne went down. and mcnabb is barely holding on to that job just need him to keep it till freemans bye week and ill prob dump him if there is anything worth picking up at that point.

Exactly. Its really no different than hording RBs or WRs. Guys sitting on the bench for the chance of bye weeks, under performance and/or injuries.

+2

There is so much more to think about than just what your team is doing. You need to keep an eye out for the needs of the other teams as well. if you see a chance to take away an option for another team, you have to do it!

some good points but i honestly could careless if i get matt moore or not, if someone wants to grab him so i dont so be it that is fine with me. The way kolb plays It would be like him playing anyway taking the 0 points. I may try and offer a few trades but nothing crazy to get a QB for a bye week only. 16 teams is different because there isn't as many players in Free agency so some of the points stated don't come in for other leagues with smaller players as there is usually FAs open. Point taken but im no where near sour or going to make my team weaker for the season to improve on one week.

some good points but i honestly could careless if i get matt moore or not, if someone wants to grab him so i dont so be it that is fine with me. The way kolb plays It would be like him playing anyway taking the 0 points. I may try and offer a few trades but nothing crazy to get a QB for a bye week only. 16 teams is different because there isn't as many players in Free agency so some of the points stated don't come in for other leagues with smaller players as there is usually FAs open. Point taken but im no where near sour or going to make my team weaker for the season to improve on one week.

Very good point!

I'm not in your league, but I'm interested to see what your roster looks like. Of Course you don't have to share that info, but if you want lets see who is on your team

Nope, it's about making your oponent cry. :D

It seems so at times. It sure is fun over hauling the roster and making some moves though. I enjoyed it.

I'm not in your league, but I'm interested to see what your roster looks like. Of Course you don't have to share that info, but if you want lets see who is on your team

The champ is here! Ready to critique some squads are we?

On a side note: the past few posts have proven one thing to me: it's best to just skip the draft and let ESPN pick for you. That way you have tons of excuses and you can't really get all that emotionally involved.

Just a reccomendation for tiebreakers: In other leagues I've been in, ties go down to bench points. No one likes looking at a third column in the scores and that tiebreaker is pretty good about ending those chances.

QB:Kolb
RBs:Gore, Beanie Wells, Hightower, Ben Tate, Delone Carter, Bernard Scott
WRs: Calvin, Bowe, Branch, OchoCinco, Massaquoi, Emmanuel Sanders
TE:Jimmy Graham
D: Colts
K: Nick Folk

On a side note: the past few posts have proven one thing to me: it's best to just skip the draft and let ESPN pick for you. That way you have tons of excuses and you can't really get all that emotionally involved.

HAHA...

Thats why I had a friend of mine make my 1st couple picks until I could get online... I can only blame him.....not me

No I'm just interested to see what he's working with. Nothing wrong with that
Next year I'm doing autopick, but making sure I take 2 QB's

It seems so at times. It sure is fun over hauling the roster and making some moves though. I enjoyed it.

That looked like a lot of fun last week. On the one hand I'd love to make a bunch of trades but on the other I'm still in 2nd place so can't bring myself to do it.
I miss researching for the draft. :smile:

Auto pick FTW! I'm just giving you grief.

I am taking WR's in the first 6 rounds next year. It is amazing how many more points receivers put up that RB's and QB's.

I feel like this is some sort of setup. I'm well. How are you?

don't walk in to the trap dude

Auto pick FTW! I'm just giving you grief.

I think we should come up with a way to do Auto-Trades. Every 2 weeks the computer does an auto-trade for your team.

I am taking WR's in the first 6 rounds next year. It is amazing how many more points receivers put up that RB's and QB's.

this is my first PPR league and it was an eye opener.... that being said im still undefeated. cause my running backs are making a lot of catches.

with 4pt per Passing TDs and 1pt PR yes. Normally QB puts up the most points but the reason you can wait a little longer on them is because the difference between the top QB and the next say 10 QBs averages isn't as big as it is with WR and RBs.

this is my first PPR league and it was an eye opener.... that being said im still undefeated. cause my running backs are making a lot of catches.

I am not complaining. I am 4-1 (should be 5-0). It was an eye opener like you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back