THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I thought that manual only had a single page.

Be Clutch
Be Legit
Be Verifiable

Wish I knew what u were talking about bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Met my first Ohio THPer today.. Bullfrog .. Thanks for making the journey .. It was a pleasure to share a round with you guys.. .. Thanks for setting up the sim RBarthle17 ... Oakmont was fun..Here is to hoping we both make our Teams... Go Team Michigan... Bullfrog would be a great rep for Ohio . It would be a blast to compete against him at Boulder Creek.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought that manual only had a single page.

Be Clutch
Be Legit
Be Verifiable

230f1476c1239b69f71ea95599ae154f.jpg

As in under the bridge?
Your even up in you Michigander lingo.

Impressive.

Here's a question for OH vs MI:

In a tournament format in which you have a teammate, how much shot input do you expect from them? Whether it be on the green, fairway, woods, or tee box? Would you prefer they kept their mouth shut or do you welcome some discussion on aiming points, places to leave /place the ball?

In a tournament format in which you have a teammate, how much shot input do you expect from them? Whether it be on the green, fairway, woods, or tee box? Would you prefer they kept their mouth shut or do you welcome some discussion on aiming points, places to leave /place the ball?

I personally don't mind the discussion, sometimes a different point of view is helpful. I would hope my partner feels the same.

Especially in a team match....I personally would welcome the one on one discussion regarding all aspects of the hole. Tee to green. I think having a teammate agree with you or vice versa will only help your personal confidence when trying to execute.

I welcome all discussion regarding club and shot selection. I have only been playing for about 2 years and I concede that I do not know enough to make the right decision every time I address the ball for a shot. There have been quite a few times where I may hear something that I need to factor into the shot that I haven't thought of. I play my best golf in quieter rounds with just myself and one other person where we are talking strategy on almost every shot. I would much rather think about trying to play a golf shot then to be thinking about what my swing feels like.

Depends on how well I know my teammate and they know my game. When Canadan and I played together in the MC I welcomed his advice but we had been playing together for months. If my teammate doesn't know my game I think the input would be different.

The majority of that can be taking care of preround. Certain things need to be talked about on course like tee club selection depending on format. No reason to lay up in shamble and such when the first drive is in play. Mostly strategy and putts are good to talk about. Not so much swing thoughts unless my partner asks.

Totally open for swing input on practice rounds

I don't mind discussion, especially if it's a format like shamble or modified pine hurst where my shot may affect both of us. Mward and I worked really well together doing this at the Gauntlet the first day, as well as PhillyV and Pringles. Both teams did it and we both seemed to play really well because of it.

Plus, I think the discussion helps keep everyone loose.

The majority of that can be taking care of preround. Certain things need to be talked about on course like tee club selection depending on format. No reason to lay up in shamble and such when the first drive is in play. Mostly strategy and putts are good to talk about. Not so much swing thoughts unless my partner asks.

Totally agree on not talking about swings. However in an alternate shot / scramble / etc etc...I think almost every shot is worth discussing with your teammate. Not the execution of it...

I dont like quiet.

And never swing input unless someone asks except maynard and his full swing decel greenside wedge shots

I dont like quiet.

And never swing input unless someone asks except maynard and his full swing decel greenside wedge shots

I had a feeling that was coming.

I don't mind discussion at all especially if the format dictates having to use one another shots.

Before I go ahead with my shot I want to know what my teammate is thinking. It's always helpful to have another perspective of what is going on. I would prefer that my teammate and I discuss each of our shots before we hit them to insure that we get the most out of each moment.

Now when it comes to the swing and the mechanisms involved, I would only want input if I ask my partner to take a look to maybe see what's going on during my swing.

Overall you and your teammate have to be on the same page if you want to come out victorious.

I'm fine with team discussion and back and forth strategy. And I'll help read putts if they need it, or ask for a read if I want a 2nd opinion. I won't try and coach someone ever, unless they ask me to look specifically for something (i.e.: alignment). In the end they know their game better than I do.

As I am usually the highest handicap or near the hugest, I welcome all discussion, and lean on how the better players may play the hole.
In certain formats where my partner will be playing a ball that I put out there for him, I want to know where he wants to play the next shot from, then I try to execute.
As far as my partner trying to talk me out of or into a shot selection, club choice, etc, I welcome this as well.

I like discussion especially if my playing partner knows the course better than I.

If I'm playing with the captain you bet I'm giving him wedge advice. If my partner notices something creep into my swing I hope they say something.

I don't mind the discussion, heck... they might see something I don't! At the end of the day, this is a TEAM event, so we are working together!

I like conversation, but keep it casual. If I ask an opinion then obviously am seeking advice. But sometimes constant advice is not needed. I've played with people, where I told them I've never played before, and the advice on every shot got very annoying a couple holes in.

Discussion is part of the Team aspect in my opinion and part of the fun of a THP event. If you can't talk to your partner or don't want his advice then why are you even out there? You'd be riding the pine with your attitude problem. But I agree with others as talking about the shot or looking at a putt is definitely welcomed. If nothing else a "what are you thinking approach", but please do not offer unsolicited swing advice.

It's PGA Show week which only mean one thing....

It's PGA Show week which only means two things....

That THP is going to be buzzing with all of the latest and greatest and exclusive interviews and new contests straight from the show floor.
And

FIFY..

Back