THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Man, if Alt Shot doesn't bring out the true team players! If I were the teammate that gave my partner this shot, I'd like to take the risk on the green and not the chip, way higher percentage shot. No way I'd like hitting the second shot in the situation from the bunker, short sided. Again.

I'll also say, given the situation, your partner gave you a position between a rock and a hard place, which is guaranteed to happen sometime. Gonna learn who you really are and how you think real quick up in here.

Great scenario Lions81, really thought provoking and promotes empathy (at least on my end).

Thanks buddy. Alternate shot often brings about very interesting scenarios, and always makes for some tough decisions and discussions with your partner. Should be fun.

We'd obviously all like to give our partner the shortest putt possible to win, but for me, the risk reward here says fly it to the hole and let it roll out 10-15 feet past for a good chance to win but likely guaranteed par at worst. Then put all the pressure on your opponent. But everyone has their own way to play, which why just 1 ball in play for a team is so tough.

I think I figured out why Ohio's color is gray. Blah.
058d035c28f71a204f0d85ac777e54d9.jpg

im pretty sure i know why...because the air usually travels in a south east direction. that means by the time it gets to us that mitten of a state has destroyed it. Then once all the good people of ohio restore it back to its natural form it can be on its way to the other states.

I was talking about the pressure of a THP event. You mentioned the US Open. In your opinion, how closely do they compare?

No you called him one of the worst putters on tour, and you have said that people don't know what kind of pressure there is on the 18th to win a THP event. I'm sure the pressure for a professional golfer that plays hundreds upon hundreds of tournaments around the world, getting paid millions to play golf with 2 putts inside 10 feet to win a major is probably close to what a amateur that never plays tournament golf feels like like with 2 putts from 15-20' to win a tournament in front of all his peers.

But hey what do I know I've never played in THP events like some on here and I'll never play in the US Open so it's speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on Monday!

An interesting 3 months so far and now 48 hours away from signups

An interesting 3 months so far and now 48 hours away from signups
Interesting it has been. Soon, over half the team will be formed.

Who else is brainstorming ideas for entry?

I've thought about it, but the two entries so far this year have been different. Will be interesting and sure will be exciting. Two days, two days!!!

Ask DJ if 2 putts inside 15' is simple enough to win, when the pressure is on. Golf is a crazy game, I'd say closer to the hole is always better. I suppose the PhillyV/ PKorf is going to be the pairing to watch! Lots of fireworks

no poa stimping at 13.5 at Boulder Creek that I know of

Been thinking of my idea for a thread since it was posted that we had to start one.

In tour golf, a guy moves on to the next week and has a shot at redemption. Not so much here.

I tell you what I am ready for any pressure that is thrown at me. #TeamMichigan

I've got my ideas written down on a piece of paper and its waiting for Monday.

Ok gents, question time on the weekend. I know it may be difficult for those of us that haven't been there to answer, but do some research you were going to do anyways to answer it now.

What hole on the course are you looking forward to and why?

Ok gents, question time on the weekend. I know it may be difficult for those of us that haven't been there to answer, but do some research you were going to do anyways to answer it now.

For me, it is hole #9. Going to carry a lot of momentum if a match gets there and it seems to be a TOUGH par 4!

The 19th, where we get to announce champions, break bread and toast the amazing community members that made it all possible (And LC from True Temper for loving the idea).

First hole.
The beginning of an awesome weekend that will finally be there after months and months of buildup.

Would have to go with 14 as to me it looks fun and being a right hand sweep it plays righto my swing. great hole to pick up points.

17 and 18 are a tie for me. 17 because, you know, island greens are cool.
18 because the pressure to get up and down to win a match from just short of the green to a back pin will be awesome on a 50 yard deep green.

For me, it is hole #9. Going to carry a lot of momentum if a match gets there and it seems to be a TOUGH par 4!

I really like the looks of #2, and think it will suit my eye with a draw off the tee and then a cool 2nd shot to the green surrounded by water. Also looking forward to the island green at 17. My home course has a very similar hole that I play 50+ times per year, so will be ready to put the pressure on Team Ohio there.

Based on the flyovers, I like the look of all the par 5's. Especially 18 could provide some real drama

THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I'm going to say the 17th, I have a feeling that quite a few matches will be decided on that hole.

I like curve balls.

Interesting, big curves, little or hanging curves for homerun. Or snap hook left ones

I'm looking forward to the first hole. Looking for a good start to carry momentum through the match. Also to get the jitters out. #TeamMichigan

Back