THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

morning fellas, one day closer too the final trio from each side getting revealed....anyone nervous?

Yes sir, nervous that I won't get picked. But I know the captains are going to pick who they think will best represent their state, who is a team player, who knows how to party (I mean have fun), and who likes to compete in the greatest game on earth.

Yes sir, nervous that I won't get picked. But I know the captains are going to pick who they think will best represent their state, who is a team player, who knows how to party (I mean have fun), and who likes to compete in the greatest game on earth.

And who will do the best for this community by being active throughout the forum, etc.

Hats look awesome. Just drove to work on slushy snowy roads but all I could think about was this event. I felt like Clark Griswald looking out his kitchen window at his future pool seeing it in the summer with all the action.... but I was looking out seeing Team Michigan kicking Ohio's butt!

nervous might not be the correct word but ancy would describe it. i'm looking forward to knowing what role i'll play for the team be it a trainer/cheerleader or player :)

morning fellas, one day closer too the final trio from each side getting revealed....anyone nervous?

I'm excited to see who I'm going to get to play with and against!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killer hats!

I think it's safe to say we're all a bit nervous. What about the captains? You guys nervous?

Nothing like playing golf outside on Sunday then having 4-5 inches on Wed/Thurs. #PureMichigan

Wouldn't say nervous as much as anxious to get the season underway. That will change as we get closer to Monday.

I think it's more anxious than nervous. I'm certainly excited about getting more involved in THP and the various facets of the site. Even if I don't get in, I've already learned more about TrueTemper than I knew a few months ago and I look forward to getting to know my fellow THPers more while using THP to help improve my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing like playing golf outside on Sunday then having 4-5 inches on Wed/Thurs. #PureMichigan

if this was a real winter we wouldnt have sniffed the course untill end of march early april....see things are looking up

I think it's safe to say we're all a bit nervous. What about the captains? You guys nervous?

Not really, gotta trust myself to field the best team for the opponents we are facing. Sad it cant be everyone but know the support of those that dont make it will be solid

Nervous and excited. Both of you guys have a great group of guys to choose from and not many spots.

Maybe the curveball is .... everyone gets in. Slightly wishful thinking.

Not really, gotta trust myself to field the best team for the opponents we are facing. Sad it cant be everyone but know the support of those that dont make it will be solid

I'm hopeful the support and excitement does not waiver from either side!

On the team or not, full support for #TeamMichigan is my plan, and I will be at the event for the whole weekend!

I wish we had more. I will feel for the 3 guys that don't get in. I think its easier to take when you are one of many instead of one of few and any one of them would fill a spot very well.

Yep.. Like a school yard pick. Someone will be the last in line.

Ohio has this in the bag..... After this it Should be ohio vs the world haha

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Hope those hats stretch.,,,

One day closer to when the teams will be set. For those hopefuls, what is the one area of your game that needs work? Will you have that area ready by June should your name be called?

For me I was not happy with my wedge game inside 100 yards last weekend. I think it is mental that I constantly decelerate on my downswing. It causes an extra 2-3 strokes per round. What is my approach on fixing this...I am taping my wedge swings on my practice in the basement. I plan on critiquing this weekend during my own course play this weekend. Range time focusing mainly on that area will occur once a week.

So how about the rest of you?

175-200.. I think I can pick up a stroke in that range. It has improved but will get better.
Happy with the rest of the bag. The putter and wedges are in A+ form.
Returned from AZ and it was great to see actual ball flight & green grass.
Got 4 rounds, 2 scramble rounds with the wife & some top golf into 5 day.
Endurance will not be an issue.
Those hats are sweet, my game is ready, hopefully I have earned a spot. See you in Ohio either way.

On the team or not, full support for #TeamMichigan is my plan, and I will be at the event for the whole weekend!

I am more than prepared to heckle jspangs all day if I dont make the picks! So you'll see me there no matter what.

So the graduation party is a thing of the past?

Back