CONTEST Thrillbilly Jim’s Fitting Contest

Ai- Smoke
Recoil Dart 90 F4

Ai Smoke with Recoil Dart 95

AI Smoke with MMT 125

Can’t guess heads but I wouldn’t be surprised if they try and push an x-flex in the woods and a heavy stiff flex in irons. Putter and wedges stay the same.

Cobra Darkspeed with Recoil Darts (90).

Whew! I’m one tired Thrillbilly!

This was my stock Halo 7 iron with Cypher 60g Stiff shaft.

IMG_2075.jpeg

This was the Mizuno HMP with a 105g Recoil Dart Stiff.

IMG_2083.jpeg

Ping i530 with Recoil Dart 105 S

IMG_2084.jpeg

Miura IC-608 with Dart V 120 S

IMG_2085.jpeg

Wilson DYNAPWR Forged with Dart V 120 Stiff.

IMG_2083.jpeg

I tried Titleist T-350 and T-200. T-200 was ok, I didn’t get along with T-350 at all.

17 yards of roll is a lot with a 7 iron. Did they by chance discuss descent angle?
Yes sir. The HMP just came out very flat with little spin.

Yes sir. The HMP just came out very flat with little spin.
It appears that most of the irons did based on the images. Obviously roll out in whatever tech they are using can be a little finicky, but did your fitter discuss descent angle? Its not shown in the images so was curious where some of these stood?

Callaway AI Smoke and Big Bertha were good. Smoke was a a touch shorter. I preferred the Big Bertha over the smoke. Bertha had a high apex. 105 feet.

P790 was long, but feel and sound wasn’t great. Qi10 were rocket launchers.

Are the averages accurate TJ or are they mixed between different irons?

Reactions: JB
It appears that most of the irons did based on the images. Obviously roll out in whatever tech they are using can be a little finicky, but did your fitter discuss descent angle? Its not shown in the images so was curious where some of these stood?
I don’t remember this simulator given decent angle just apex and launch. The fitter talked about ball flight, launch, and decent as I hit. I used the Titleist AVX to test with.

Cleveland ZIPCORE XL. This one is tricky. It’s close….so close, but there is something missing from it. Looks good, preformed well, but left me wanting something. I think it’s feel/sound. It was just hard and dull sounding. Ping i530 was similar in feel.

Are the averages accurate TJ or are they mixed between different irons?
They are mixed throughout. I hit so much it was hard to keep up. It was a really fun whirlwind.

Cleveland ZIPCORE XL. This one is tricky. It’s close….so close, but there is something missing from it. Looks good, preformed well, but left me wanting something. I think it’s feel/sound. It was just hard and dull sounding. Ping i530 was similar in feel.
No picture showing on this one.

Back