CONTEST Thrillbilly Jim’s Fitting Contest

Tried TaylorMade and Cobra fairway woods. Standard TaylorMade 3 wood has some ball speed! Hit 154! It carried 255 total 277. 2100 spin. Low boring flight. Cobra was close. 152 ball speed 251 carry 272 total. 2300 spin. Tried lofting up my BRNR Mini driver to hit it off the deck. A lot easier than I thought. I have a decision to make. I’m gonna add a 7 wood to the mix as well. I’m leaning Cobra because the LINQ is a stock shaft, but it’s showing sold out right now.
20 more yards? Damn

Tried TaylorMade and Cobra fairway woods. Standard TaylorMade 3 wood has some ball speed! Hit 154! It carried 255 total 277. 2100 spin. Low boring flight. Cobra was close. 152 ball speed 251 carry 272 total. 2300 spin. Tried lofting up my BRNR Mini driver to hit it off the deck. A lot easier than I thought. I have a decision to make. I’m gonna add a 7 wood to the mix as well. I’m leaning Cobra because the LINQ is a stock shaft, but it’s showing sold out right now.
That’s strong…

Why carry a driver when the 3W is doing that?
I don’t even get a driver to do that so I am the wrong person to ask.

I don’t even get a driver to do that so I am the wrong person to ask.
Me either but I’m not an exquisite ball striker either.

I’m curious on the AVX selection as the ball for the fitting too, @Thrillbilly Jim you switched from the QST?

Me either but I’m not an exquisite ball striker either.
I'm in elite company.... Fred Couples, Smiter, and myself. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I’m curious on the AVX selection as the ball for the fitting too, @Thrillbilly Jim you switched from the QST?
I've been meaning to try it. I wanted to see what it would do to ball flight and apex.

I've been meaning to try it. I wanted to see what it would do to ball flight and apex.
Ok but was the QST ever used because that is your normal ball of choice?

Ok but was the QST ever used because that is your normal ball of choice?
No sir, I used the AVX for everything.

Can I ask why you didn’t use your gamer ball since the fitting was indoors? Meaning was a reason given or just used what they had?

Can I ask why you didn’t use your gamer ball since the fitting was indoors? Meaning was a reason given or just used what they had?
They had pretty much every ball available to hit, I had my Q-stars with me. I just figured if I were to move into the AVX, lets see what it would do.

They had pretty much every ball available to hit, I had my Q-stars with me. I just figured if I were to move into the AVX, lets see what it would do.
You think AVX is the right fit? Honestly curious here.

You think AVX is the right fit? Honestly curious here.
It definitely dropped my apex which was my hope, but it also dropped my spin too.

It definitely dropped my apex which was my hope, but it also dropped my spin too.
Yeah, the spin is pretty low imo.

Did they think the apex was high before hitting the AVX?

Yeah, the spin is pretty low imo.

Did they think the apex was high before hitting the AVX?
I am consistently 100+ feet with my Halos and the Q-Star Tour

100 feet is not high my dude, it’s truly not.
Yeah, I will probably do a ball fitting too. Just to optimize everything.

Since I’m not sure what I’m gonna do yet, I put all the posts in a RNG and the winner was post #50! Congratulations @Hawk! PM me your information please.

IMG_2108.png

Back