Tiger Woods arrested for DUI

The big question will be how this could affect future sponsership contracts. I do have some empathy for him as I made the DUI mistake on a buddies 21st birthday in 1985. It prevented me from getting the sales jobs with the companies I wanted for 5 years. I couldn't even get an interview.

I wondered this too... Taylormade and Bridgestone being the most recent contract signings, I'm curious if there were behavioral clauses written in. Time will tell... And he just posted on his Twitter that he was feeling good following back surgery. Perhaps OD'ing on Xanax covers up pain...???

The big question will be how this could affect future sponsership contracts. I do have some empathy for him as I made the DUI mistake on a buddies 21st birthday in 1985. It prevented me from getting the sales jobs with the companies I wanted for 5 years. I couldn't even get an interview.

No effect, I am sure he will release a statement about making a mistake, he will apologize to his family, friends, fans, sponsors & he will get the proper treatment he needs & come back stronger.

I wondered this too... Taylormade and Bridgestone being the most recent contract signings, I'm curious if there were behavioral clauses written in. Time will tell... And he just posted on his Twitter that he was feeling good following back surgery. Perhaps OD'ing on Xanax covers up pain...???

He lost some sponsors after the 2009 incident, and he may again for this. But it's a totally different situation from you or me. Aside from the fact he doesn't need to make another dime ever and he will be way more than just fine, there will always be someone ready to sign him for something.

UPDATE: Police say Woods driving south on Military Trail when arrested.....His home & restaurant are in the opposite direction

If this was alcohol, I have zero tolerance for these actions. Not that medication excuses his potential endangerment of others, but I have seen through my wife that xanex can have differing levels of effect (particularly drowsiness) depending on a variety of factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is it that people genuinely surprised Tiger didn't have someone hired to drive him at 3AM "judging"? I've never been a real big fan personally but I have said many positive things about him in the recent Tiger threads. That he was driving himself is what immediately jumped out when I opened this thread.

22.7 Handicap LMAO so hard I will be lucky to make it out the door.

Not sure what this has to do with the OP, but if this was meant to be rude or offensive to the person you quoted, please know that will not be allowed here. That is completely unecessary and won't be tolerated.

Not sure what this has to do with the OP, but if this was meant to be rude or offensive to the person you quoted, please know that will not be allowed here. That is completely unecessary and won't be tolerated.

Last edited:
When golf pros are turning into rockstars. I like it. #TigerhighasF*CK:clapp:

Does getting a DUI record increase or decrease his driving percentage? anyone?

I will say Palm Beach County was not shy about warning people via the local TV news, social media, newspapers, big flashing signs, etc. that there will be heavy police presence over the holiday weekend on the roads.

Ouch Tiger, gotta use the Uber . Dangerous for everyone on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no time for dui's no matter the excuse. Multi millionaire and has no driver/uber/taxi/off duty waitress to drive him home. Popping zanax and driving is just plain stupid. When those kick in, your done. Your body is numb along with your brain.

I guess tw stands for train wreck now.

I guess I'm more shocked than anything, but this proves that even those who can easily afford a driver can have serious lapses in judgment. Alcohol and/or Xanax can do that to a mind.

Hopefully, this is his bottoming-out, and he pulls his head out of his arse.

On this holiday weekend, as I buckle my son into his car seat and drive my family home, my opinion on drunk drivers solidifies.... There is absolutely no excuse. None. He is a moron and he's getting what he deserves.

Do we know whether it was alcohol or prescription drugs?

Personally I try to hold off on the name calling until all the facts are available.

I do hope this turns out to be "rock bottom" for him, but I feel like I've said that a few times in the past several years. I hope the facts come out soon so the speculation at least can cease.

Why does a person on prescribed meds need to be out at 3am? Impaired driving is impaired driving.

To be fair I know when I used to take ambian one time went to bed then woke up in my car running in my garage at 4 am with zero memory of what happened. Stopped using it at that point was way freaky. Not saying that is what happened and if he chose to go out then yeah no need to be out at 3am after taking meds.

Counseling ...

Thought he would have resolved these issues during the period after the divorce. At some time, it is best to say, "I want this cycle to stop, I don't want to keep making similar mistakes," and see someone.

To be fair I know when I used to take ambian one time went to bed then woke up in my car running in my garage at 4 am with zero memory of what happened. Stopped using it at that point was way freaky. Not saying that is what happened and if he chose to go out then yeah no need to be out at 3am after taking meds.

Yes there is a case or two like this, I understand. But we aren't dealing with a man that has made great choices in the 10 years. So I don't think k it's a case of drug induced sleep driving.

Or it comes out he was at his restaurant and blew a .081 and they decided to make an example for him driving 3 miles home. Everyone seems way too eager at wanting to jump all over him. That is the last I have to say on the matter though.

Or it comes out he was at his restaurant and blew a .081 and they decided to make an example for him driving 3 miles home. Everyone seems way too eager at wanting to jump all over him. That is the last I have to say on the matter though.

It appears he was driving the opposite direction based on some social media reporting.

Feel terrible for the guy, hopefully he can get his life right... also, and don't view this as classless as I'm genuinely curious... do you guys think that this is an easy out for bridgestone?

Why does a person on prescribed meds need to be out at 3am? Impaired driving is impaired driving.
What tiger does is not up to me personally, but I've seen drugs make people do crazier things. As much as they are controlled, I think they are a hell of a lot more mind controlling than alocohol could ever be.

I'm not excusing it by any stetch, I'm just less bothered by the fact that it was a drug that was prescribed over alcohol.

I wonder if there is a clause in his Bridgestone contract that will let them dump him and get their cash back?

I wonder if there is a clause in his Bridgestone contract that will let them dump him and get their cash back?

Based on their thoughts do you think it matters? Honest question.

Back