Tiger Woods will Play in Hero World Challenge

He was just cleared for full golf activities like last week after a long long multi-surgery layoff. A month later he is going to compete in a tour event. It feels like a gimmicky sucker move (us fans being the suckers).

It's seems rather quick. Might be a combination of a few things.

1. It's his event and feels "safe" there
2. The body feels good enough
3. Sponsors are getting pissed
4. He wants to get tournament reps in
5. Wants his glutes to fire early

I hope all goes well. Fingers are crossed!

Really excited for this. He moves the needle and it would be awesome to see him compete at a high level.

I'm excited for his return at this event. He at least adds intrigue to something I would have completely tuned out. In the end though I don't know what, if anything, I will take from this event. We all know what we will hear from him, that hes pain free since last surgery and feeling better each day. Sound familiar? Also getting through 4 rounds would be great, but he did that last year with 20+ birdies, and then we saw him play 3 more rounds the rest of the year. So for me, I'm not going to look in to anything from this event, unless he wins, and even then it could be just setting up the same old plot line. But with that said, you are damn right that I will be watching as much as I possibly can.

He better make sure his glutes are firing on all cylinders while he's at the practice range. Otherwise it's WD city! :act-up:

Looking forward to seeing the big cat back on the golf course. Even if he doesn't play well, as long as he doesn't look like he's in pain every time they show him on TV, it'll be a victory.

Best news ever! I don't care how many times it happens, it draws me in every single time. Go TW!

It always creates a buzz until he stinks, feigns injury and WDs.
I want to see him compete but I'm so tired of this routine.

This is one thing that annoys me about TIGER! This is a quote from an article in the Global Golf Post about an up & coming player, Andy Zhang, who played in the US Open & was searching out Tiger.

tigerquote.jpg

Don't want to take this thread in another direction, but this is ridiculous. Too good to eat with the other players??

This is one thing that annoys me about TIGER! This is a quote from an article in the Global Golf Post about an up & coming player, Andy Zhang, who played in the US Open & was searching out Tiger.

View attachment 29785

Don't want to take this thread in another direction, but this is ridiculous. Too good to eat with the other players??

Could he be socially insecure?

View attachment 29785

You don't know why he didn't eat with the other players. Speculating on something someone said.

This is starting to get ridiculous. Who gives a shat if he doesn't eat with the other players? He's always been bigger than life, he probably didn't want to get mobbed by his peers even. Clearly Zhang was trying to stalk him out, who else was? Plus we know what he was up to....but is that a discussion (again) for this thread at this time? I think not.

You don't know why he didn't eat with the other players. Speculating on something someone said.

Yeah I speculate that he's a complete a**! Why would a 14 year old lie about that?

Yeah I speculate that he's a complete a**! Why would a 14 year old lie about that?

He could have missed it for a good reason. Haters will find a reason to hate. Keep on hatin'

View attachment 29785

Wasn’t this back in 2012?

Wasn’t this back in 2012?

Yes when he was just 14 playing in his first US Open. Just saying a kid of his age & talent that's in the Open. At least he could make himself available for the young kid who looked up to him. That's all I'm sayin

Like I said I don't want to derail the thread.

I'm glad he's back, and I'll definitely pay more attention to this event now that he's going to be in it.

His event. Benefits his foundation. He has an opportunity to play, which would significantly boost viewership... I think he's playing to give his own event a significant boost. Whats wrong with that? With the course and the 4 guaranteed rounds, its almost like a minor league rehab start. Seems (providing he is ready to return physically) like a perfect way to get back in the swing of things.

Until he completes a number of tournaments and actually looks at least a bit competitive I will continue to eat my popcorn and reserve judgement on his ability these days

All the tweets, videos, press statements mean jack until he gets out there and proves it

Yes when he was just 14 playing in his first US Open. Just saying a kid of his age & talent that's in the Open. At least he could make himself available for the young kid who looked up to him. That's all I'm sayin

Like I said I don't want to derail the thread.

So is this just a delayed reaction from you then? Or are you still upset about it 5 years later?

I’ll be shocked if he does anything resembling playing well. We’ve seen this before and it’s been a train wreck. I don’t see why we should expect anything different this time.

I have a good feeling about this!

It does seem awfully fast, but it's not like he's been out of practice for 5 years, he played on tour less than a year ago, and he's been cleared to play, so this being his event and the low pressure makes it a perfect time to play, I don't see this as anything but good.

View attachment 29785

Did anyone look in the ladies locker room?

I like Tiger. Always have and always will. I have a wait and see attitude. If he does well, great! If not, it was a great ride.

Not going to slam the guy before he plays a tournament.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Back