Tin Cup Challenge

Shook

Shooktacular
Reaction score
Handicap
Some of my friends and I are thinking of going out to a local 9-hole course (par 33 - 6 par 4s & 3 par 3s, so really short). We're going to show up with a pocket of balls and a 7-iron. Maybe to make it interesting take a shot every time you make par. A reference to the movie "Tin Cup" in case you've never seen it.

Anyone else think this might be fun?

Sounds like a fun game, actually.

I think whoever says, "You ever par'd the back 9 with a 7iron" first should have to take a double shot.

would be awesome for winter golf. too cold to care so why not let the liquor warm ya?

doesn't seem like that would involve enough drinking for me.

Change it to bogey or worse?

Quit bragging, jerk.

every time you hit the ball and i'm in..... i'd really love for you to both be a part of the Buck invitational where you all have to keep up drinking with me all weekend while we golf competitively for the RUM CHATA trophy

every time you hit the ball and i'm in..... i'd really love for you to both be a part of the Buck invitational where you all have to keep up drinking with me all weekend while we golf competitively for the RUM CHATA trophy
Fact; I have a bottle of Rum Chata in the fridge right now.

Another Fact; I can out drink you.

I enjoy Rum Chata

Sounds like a game I could get behind!

Count me in fellas. Bogey or worse drinks.

This sounds fun!

Tapping from my IPhone

Sounds like fun!

Tapping from my IPhone

Count me in fellas. Bogey or worse drinks.

Haha. We actually planned to do par or better drinks. As a handicapping system for better players :)

Haha. We actually planned to do par or better drinks. As a handicapping system for better players :)

First, this sounds like a blast!

How long are the par fours? If they're over 300, I'd say bogey or better for shots!

Always a good day with a 7i and some friends. Used to do this all the time in VA

Sounds like fun.

Kinda funny. My favorite club in my bag is my 7i just because of that movie

Some of my friends and I are thinking of going out to a local 9-hole course (par 33 - 6 par 4s & 3 par 3s, so really short). We're going to show up with a pocket of balls and a 7-iron. Maybe to make it interesting take a shot every time you make par. A reference to the movie "Tin Cup" in case you've never seen it.

Anyone else think this might be fun?

My home course is 2300-2400 yards long and par 31. During the 3 club tournament, I carried 7 iron, 52* wedge, and putter. So yea, it'd be fun for sure. I amazingly shot pretty decent, and I'm pretty sure I would only add 5-6 strokes with ONLY a 7 iron, mostly due to putting.

~Rock

I've done this before, but it was on a longer course and we all had 5 irons. I could totally do this game at a short 9 hole track at the next town over. I think the longest par 5 is only about 450 yards, tops.

My home course is 2300-2400 yards long and par 31. During the 3 club tournament, I carried 7 iron, 52* wedge, and putter. So yea, it'd be fun for sure. I amazingly shot pretty decent, and I'm pretty sure I would only add 5-6 strokes with ONLY a 7 iron, mostly due to putting.

~Rock

Putt like he did in the movie with the rack. Pool cue style.!

First, this sounds like a blast!

How long are the par fours? If they're over 300, I'd say bogey or better for shots!

There's only one over 300. The other 5 are in the 270-290 range.

One of my golf leagues ends early enough on Tuesdays that we hit the patio for a few beers...then pack a small cooler, grab our 7 irons and head out to the first hole. We can usually play 3 or 4 holes before it gets dark and it's a ton of fun.

The only thing I don't like is scoring better using just a 7 iron than I did two hours prior with my whole set of clubs.

Sounds like a good time to me! That's a great challenge. We did a "3 Club Challenge" tournament at a course I used to work. 3 man team, each player brings 1 club. 9 hole event, low score wins. Scramble format. No mully's. 2 teams per hole. It was one of the best events each year.

That'd be a GREAT time!! Might have to try that by me......

Back