Do you ever get tired of drinking alcohol?

• Are you crazy? Bartender, another round.

Votes: 15 25.4%
  • Bring back the 18th Amendment.

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • We were on a break!

Votes: 35 59.3%

• Total voters
Definitely go through it... I don't always want a drink, even when everyone around me is having one.

I honestly haven't drank on a regular basis in probably 6+ years.
Even then, it would be if we went for a visit somewhere, or for a meal.

Since having the kids, we just don't go out, and opportunities have become fewer and fewer.

I still love me a good daquiri or margarita, I just don't need/want one every day.

My golf buddy and I are sipping non alcoholic beer at the turn often. I almost never drink alcohol, and If I do, it’s just one glass of strong beer

I haven’t been drunk once and I’m 40 now. Seen too much of alcohol related stuff to keep me conservative.

I’m not against drinking but think that the most part of our culture can’t handle the liquids well.

I don't really drink enough to get tired of it.

Most of my drinking in the last many years has been after golf. I used to have several beers after a round with a guy I played with for many years, even though we usually finished our round by 10:00 am. Three years ago, he moved to South Carolina. The guys I play with now can't wait to get in their cars and leave as soon as the round is over, so that after round beer tradition has gone by the wayside. If out for a fancy dinner, I might have a cocktail, or, at home, I occasionally put a shot of Bailey's in a cup of coffee, but that is it.

I quit for five years. I wasn’t quite a drunk but I drank too much. Got tired of all the negative health drawbacks.

These days I’ll have a drink or two maybe a few times a month? I don’t really drink beer at all. I really enjoy my few drinks a month.

I put "we've been on a break", but in reality I've been significantly scaling back my alcohol consumption in most cases. I haven't lost the taste for it by any means - I still really appreciate the flavors of a quality whisk(e)y or beer or a well made cocktail, but I've been more attuned to how they make me feel and I don't like it. And as others have said, I have read and heard a lot about the health benefits of kicking it to the curb tied to sleep, fat loss, cardio health and the list goes on.

However, all that said, at this point I appreciate good liquor too much to completely quit it. So for now at least, I've cut back to drinking no more than once or twice in a week, and no more than 2 drinks on those occasions. And other than (1) ski trip night that got a little crazier than planned, I have pretty well stuck to that. (For the record I felt like A$$ after that night for the whole next day on the mountain, so that was a salient reminder why I'm scaling back)

I only drink at church.

Most of my drinking in the last many years has been after golf. I used to have several beers after a round with a guy I played with for many years, even though we usually finished our round by 10:00 am. Three years ago, he moved to South Carolina. The guys I play with now can't wait to get in their cars and leave as soon as the round is over, so that after round beer tradition has gone by the wayside. If out for a fancy dinner, I might have a cocktail, or, at home, I occasionally put a shot of Bailey's in a cup of coffee, but that is it.
When I read this I was reminded that I pretty much stopped after I quit playing competitive hockey. The bar after a game was very enjoyable, or even the parking lot.

I miss that, not the alcohol.

I miss that, not the alcohol.
Yeah, me, too! I miss the discussions and joking around that accompanied the drinking, not the drinking itself.

I find the drinking culture in North America polarizes alcohol, where to have 'a drink' for enjoyment is almost weird. I have friends who aren't into just having 1oz of whisky as a night cap - it has to be 10oz.

I support all either way. I have gone stretches without drinking. I realize the benefits when I take a break. However, I love the taste of a good whisky too much to just give it up forever. I wish society was more accepting to those that choose not to drink.

I go decent stretches not drinking. At 48 I’m just not bouncing back like I used to. Now my consumption is limited to a few on the course and maybe one after but usually that’s it. At home it’s gin and tonics usually once a month but going on 4 months without one.
Another crazy thing I've noticed in basically not drinking is sleep is better and deeper, mornings are much easier to get going, anxiety is way down and my recovery after running/weights is much faster. After the few beers I had at the Stars game I didn't sleep as well and the morning took me longer to get going. #LightWeight :p

My son works as a grower for a pot grower in michigan. I much prefer some chocolate

Here in Cabo, we get caught up socializing in spurts, sometimes doing stuff with other people 5 or 6 nights in a row. Yapping for the sake of yapping has never been fun for me, so I tend to drink a little more than usual in these settings. We're in the midst of such a spurt now, and I am a little tired of drinking to be honest...

But I can rally :p

Back