Titleist 712 CB's

Dent

MIA
Reaction score
Handicap
Didn't see a review anywhere on these clubs and was wondering.. who has em?!!

I'm pondering some new irons and after careering it two years ago with a set of 710 CB's while mine were in the shop I really think I want these to be my next set of irons.

Any thoughts or review links?!

I wish I could take some swings with these. I love the look of the CB's and MB's. I hit some AP2's the other day and it was awesome, definitely less forgiving.

I don't know what it is. But it hit every 712 Titleist iron a club shorter than i did every other option

I don't know what it is. But it hit every 712 Titleist iron a club shorter than i did every other option

Titleist doesn't raise lofts with the others as of yet, maybe they will in the 714 line. Right now the AP1's have the longest loft of any of the Titleist clubs and they are still 2-3 degrees less than TM/Callaway from the 7 iron down (possibly the 8, haven't looked in a while) and 1/2 inch short.

Titleist doesn't raise lofts with the others as of yet, maybe they will in the 714 line. Right now the AP1's have the longest loft of any of the Titleist clubs and they are still 2-3 degrees less than TM/Callaway from the 7 iron down (possibly the 8, haven't looked in a while) and 1/2 inch short.

I hit the Titleist CBs a club less than my VR Pro Combos which have the same exact loft.

Even with the stock DG S300s in the Nike's, the Titleists were shorter.

I found the 712 cbs amazing but I like my nikes just a bit better.

I hit the Titleist CBs a club less than my VR Pro Combos which have the same exact loft.

Even with the stock DG S300s, the Titleists were shorter.

No kidding? That I have no explanation for. I hit my Pro Cavities and AP1's about the same distance. I've never bothered with any players clubs at the moment, I don't have the consistency for it yet. I did demo some RBZ irons a year ago against my AP1's, with 2.5-3 degrees more loft, I still only outhit the AP1's by a minimal amount if at all and my dispersion was awful so I stuck with Titleist.

No kidding? That I have no explanation for. I hit my Pro Cavities and AP1's about the same distance. I've never bothered with any players clubs at the moment, I don't have the consistency for it yet. I did demo some RBZ irons a year ago against my AP1's, with 2.5-3 degrees more loft, I still only outhit the AP1's by a minimal amount if at all and my dispersion was awful so I stuck with Titleist.

It might be mental. I didn't really want to like the Titleists.

Nice irons but I greatly prefer the AP2's over them. I just love the clicky Titleist feel that the AP2's have.

It might be mental. I didn't really want to like the Titleists.
Probably this. When I picked out my irons I was hitting them the same distance as the other clubs I was trying they were just more forgiving than the other players irons I was looking at. I didn't even go in looking for them I wanted some Adams then I got sold but I love my irons I think titleist makes very solid equipment.

they are a great looking iron my buddy has them but he is a -2 handicap

My ping S58's are currently a D0 swingweight, and the 712's are a D2 for all clubs, does that mean they are going to be MUCH heavier?

My ping S58's are currently a D0 swingweight, and the 712's are a D2 for all clubs, does that mean they are going to be MUCH heavier?

You may feel the club head a little more. But I doubt much.

Thanks blu,

I just took a look at specs compared to my S58's and the 58's did have more loft than the 712's. Not sure I'll mind this much as I do hit my irons considerably further than I'd like to in a way anyways.

Thanks blu,

I just took a look at specs compared to my S58's and the 58's did have more loft than the 712's. Not sure I'll mind this much as I do hit my irons considerably further than I'd like to in a way anyways.

YESS! Someone else like me who is not concerned with how far he hits his irons.

Accuracy over length people.

THPing on Tapatalk

THPing on Tapatalk

I try to find a best of both worlds. I refuse to sacrifice 10 yards with the same dispersion.

THPing on Tapatalk

And an 8i is much easier to control and hit higher than a 6i. There's a reason the shorter hitters on tour aren't favorites on every course and don't have chances to win every week like the longer guys.

And an 8i is much easier to control and hit higher than a 6i. There's a reason the shorter hitters on tour aren't favorites on every course and don't have chances to win every week like the longer guys.
Where I agree with you there is a lot of benefit to being able to hit the ball further I would have to disagree with the favorite to win thing. Two seasons ago Luke Donnald was #1 in the world and money list on the PGA and European tour and he doesn't hit the ball very far. He was a favorite week in and week out.

These are gorgeous irons. Maybe will have to hit them as an option at some point along with the AP2's, but I can't see spending the kind of money that Titleist wants for them - $100 or more extra in price over similar offerings from just about every other company, even more for the AP2's.

I rocked these with a set of C-Tapers in S+ for about 2 months back in Jan. or Feb. of last year. I found them to be on par distance wise with pretty much everything else in their niche.

Spinny little boogers they are, for sure. They slice up divots really easily, but they seemed to take up a lot more turf than any of the other irons I've tried.

Forgiveness isn't much on these. The playable area on the face is about a quarter of an inch in either direction from dead center. High and low on the face, even a little bit, is going to be pretty treacherous.

One of the things I read about the 712 CB's is that they don't offer that much more forgiveness then the 712 MB's, so a lot of people just end up going with the MB's. I have hit both of them, only a few swings each, and they both felt pretty sweet, but that was just on an indoor mat into a net, no real world experience.

Good luck with your choice regardless of what you pick.

I've got the 710MBs, they're fricking incredible.
Possibly the best looking irons ever!
I've always loved blades and felt that my game was ready enough to play them.
Every dead centre hit is the best sensation ever!(On a golf course!lol)
But honestly I don't think there's a better set of blades out there, once you're swinging well they're actually surprisingly forgiving.
So happy I bought them and I can't see myself switching irons for the next 3-4 years tbh. That's how good they are.

Back