Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

I fear the T100s not to be forgiving enough for me (5.7 HC) and T200 would be more my speed but wonder how much you give up in feel moving to the T200 from the forged T100s?

Also, anyone try the tensi blue iron shafts that are listed as the graphite option on Titleist website? Never seen those.

Combo maybe? T200 long irons, T100S in shorter?

Personally, the only T100S iron I struggle with is the 4 iron. I dont get the launch and apex that I’d like to see. I may add a degree or two to the 4 and see if it helps.

I will say, getting the correct lie angles on these clubs makes a pretty big difference In strike quality.

I've very surprised so far how well I can press the handle, flight them down, and still maintain spin with this setup. There's some serious potential there.
I think this is where Titleist irons really shine. Low flighted shots grab and hold. Put the ball back in stance just a bit and take the wind out of the equation if there is any and you're still fine on the dance floor if you catch it. This is especially true on bent grass greens.

So @Tenputt reminded me about something I've encountered a lot this week. I'm sure people have posted a ton of pictures of T100 and T100S in here and elsewhere, but can't ever have too much information, and just about everyone who has 'heard' about the new black in my bag has mentioned how small they are. Had one little exchange today even about it, and he felt differently when he actually looked at and held them. I don't think they're that small, personally. I think @DNice26 said he's had blades bigger, but I definitely think of them more towards a good sized CB than a blade. I mentioned in that other thread with tenputt that my Honma CB's, which I think of as pretty standard player's CBs, are smaller. So here are some pictures

20200917_232719.jpg
Rose Proto MBs, 747V CBs, T100S

20200917_233418.jpg
T100S, 747V CB's, Rose Proto MB's

20200917_233734.jpg
Apex Pro, T100S, 747V CBs, Rose Proto MBs

I couldn't grab an Apex Pro 5, because they're in with the sleeping wife, but I think there's a slight misconception about how small the T100 actually are, in reputation at least.

Last edited:
So @Tenputt reminded me about something I've encountered a lot this week. I'm sure people have posted a ton of pictures of T100 and T100S in here and elsewhere, but can't ever have too much information, and just about everyone who has 'heard' about the new black in my bag has mentioned how small they are. Had one little exchange today even about it, and he felt differently when he actually looked at and held them. I don't think they're that small, personally. I think @DNice26 said he's had blades bigger, but I definitely think of them more towards a good sized CB than a blade. I mentioned in that other thread with tenputt that my Honma CB's, which I think of as pretty standard player's CBs, are smaller. So here are some pictures

View attachment 8964086
Rose Proto MBs, 747V CBs, T100S

View attachment 8964087
T100S, 747V CB's, Rose Proto MB's

View attachment 8964088
Apex Pro, T100S, 747V CBs, Rose Proto MBs

I couldn't grab an Apex Pro 5, because they're in with the sleeping wife, but I think there's a slight misconception about how small the T100 actually are, in reputation at least.
The mid/long irons are ok, they get a fair amount smaller in the 8,9,PW. I don’t know what the exact blade lengths are, but the T100S are def smaller than the Mizuno 919 tours I had. Anyway, folks should most certainly decide for themselves and not take them off their potential hit list.

The mid/long irons are ok, they get a fair amount smaller in the 8,9,PW. I don’t know what the exact blade lengths are, but the T100S are def smaller than the Mizuno 919 tours I had. Anyway, folks should most certainly decide for themselves and not take them off their potential hit list.
See that makes sense. The 921 thread is where it came up. I've always thought that line is a little long for my tastes. It's all individual, and best decided in hand.

the callaway b21 irons description-
offset -most
sole width - very wide
forgiveness - very high
launch - highest

What is the closest titleist T to this ^

If someone has the T400's aren't these essentially driving/utility irons?
If yes, then a person just has to take them for what they are looks wise at address and deal with it.
If this is what I'm looking for - "Play the most forgiving Titleist experience possible while launching it higher and farther."

If someone has the T400's aren't these essentially driving/utility irons?
If yes, then a person just has to take them for what they are looks wise at address and deal with it.
If this is what I'm looking for - "Play the most forgiving Titleist experience possible while launching it higher and farther."
They're big, but so what? Are you worried about how they'll look to you and/or others? 'Cause if they're what's actually best for you, all those concerns should dissipate with every shot you groove and every result you reap.

They're big, but so what? Are you worried about how they'll look to you and/or others? 'Cause if they're what's actually best for you, all those concerns should dissipate with every shot you groove and every result you reap.
Not worried about what others think. I’ve never hit utility and driving irons so I’m not sure what these even look like in hand!

Not worried about what others think. I’ve never hit utility and driving irons so I’m not sure what these even look like in hand!
Man I wish we had found a way to get together when I was in Nebraska. I've got utility irons just sitting around. The big thing with most of them is that they'll usually get the ball UP with ease.

Still really enjoying the t100s, nice to have a set of irons that you have full control of. You know what they will do when flushed or mis hit. Just a really solid set of irons

The T300s are cannons

The T300s are cannons

I got fit into them, and finally got the set put together to my specs last week. I think this is probably one of my biggest takeaways. But also that they're not fast for the sake of being fast - for me I still have spin into greens, and the soles are thinner than some of the other irons in the class. Hit some really nice shots into greens my first weekend with them - including hitting a green from about 175 dead into a pretty stiff wind with a 6i.

I'm really happy with them so far.

I got fit into them, and finally got the set put together to my specs last week. I think this is probably one of my biggest takeaways. But also that they're not fast for the sake of being fast - for me I still have spin into greens, and the soles are thinner than some of the other irons in the class. Hit some really nice shots into greens my first weekend with them - including hitting a green from about 175 dead into a pretty stiff wind with a 6i.

I am low spin so these aren't quite where my 565s are (4700 vs 4000) but I get better ball speed with them...

Agree on the spin. These spin more for me than my CF16s did for sure. These spin more like my 716 AP2s did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still really enjoying the T100S irons. Very good set of irons. I feel like they do an incredible job of balancing all aspects of looks, feel and performance. I’m curious what could bump them out of my bag next season.

Super late to the party but after trying gen 2 pxg combo 0311T/ 0311p, I'm seeing again the ping influence......really tough turf interaction......great feel and look but only solid off the tee.....

Fast forward and enter the T200 4-gw......found set on ebay new for 550 less than stores! Should be here around midweek.......stay tuned

Super late to the party but after trying gen 2 pxg combo 0311T/ 0311p, I'm seeing again the ping influence......really tough turf interaction......great feel and look but only solid off the tee.....

Fast forward and enter the T200 4-gw......found set on ebay new for 550 less than stores! Should be here around midweek.......stay tuned
Awesome! Make sure the 6 iron has a serial number.

I am still really enjoying these a year from the event. These are all really great clubs.

I continue to be impressed with the T300s. One thing I really appreciate the set is that, even for a GI iron, the short irons blend so nicely into the wedges. But the big thing for me is consistency/spin. Despite the high launch/forgiving design I feel like I'm hitting my distances, and I can go after pins. I had a 7i into the green from the rough today that ended up about a pace and a half from the ball mark. Not someone who really tries to move the ball much - but I've been able to when I've needed to. Really don't feel like I'm giving up much with these.

My index just hit a new all time low and T200s are a significant part of the story. Dropped ~8 points since getting them just over a year ago at the THP Titleist event.

My T200s are hands down my favorite irons I have owned. i Just shot a PB last weekend and I really Like how they flow right into my vokey wedges. I have not tried the 4 iron yet as I have a hybrid in that spot. The 5 iron has become a go to for me on certain tee shots and those longer 2nd shots for par 5s to give me a good wedge in.

Back