This is one of the shots I've been enjoying with the TSR3 1k black combo. Normally I'd wrap a draw around this one. It's shaped for my stock shot. I'd already realized by then that I was hitting it a little higher than usual and decided to see what would look like to go high at the corner, against the dogleg. I don't normally do that, but we see pro guys that hit nothing but cuts do it, and right side is a good angle in so why not. Little cross breeze from the left.

Worked out for an 80y wedge and a birdie. And I've used it a bunch of times since then. High and soft or with a little fade for a fairway turning right. That's a shot I normally have to work hard at, and it's been remarkably easy with this setup.

Here’s the complete list!

Was trying to go through the same other guys coming in for the Experience next week and see who got fit into what, but some haven’t posted it yet from what my THP search skills have shown. Maybe they will jump in and let us know about that fitting!

@bigbov TSR3

@BoilerCLE TSR3

@Roadrunner TSR2

@Golf4Lux TSR3

@Jman TSR4

@Duffer Waldorf TSR3

@SkiBumGolfer TSR2

@Kmench TSR3

Very cool we have at least one of each head in the event!

Good mix of guys and gear. Gonna crush 'em!

Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts once they get sticks in hand and how they compare to what they are coming from. I have never owned a Titleist driver let alone even hit maybe 3 drives with one over my lifetime. I need to see what all the excitement is about first hand. They look really awesome.

If there is a fitting convenient I would like to try out to see which head/shaft combo would be best and how it compares to my existing. Unfortunately will probably have to wait until next spring for an outdoor fitting at home course as travelling OEM fitters have probably gone indoors now given time of year. Not a big fan of hitting indoors at local Golftown, very close quarters i.e. claustrophobic so probably will wait until the spring.

im typically not a Titleist guy but gotta say im very intrigued by this lineup

Played today on an unfamiliar track that actually was straightforward driving and while not head to head with tsi2 I most certainly saw lower spinning longer drives

Anyone else with positive fitting stories to share?
If you follow the live update thread that kicks off on Monday you will hear so many fitting stories, performance stories and tech talk as the Titleist Experience begins. 8 THPers were fit for this driver and are headed to Ballyhack Golf Club to play with the head of metal woods, VP of marketing, etc.

I had an in store (Golf Galaxy) fitting yesterday.
Unfortunately, my experience was hampered by a severe headache, but I did what I could to go ahead with the fitting.

I tried the 2,3 and 4.

The 4 is just not for me and it was obvious. I’m a low spin guy and I couldn’t get it to stay in the air. The head looks tiny by todays standards. I’m just not a good enough driver of the ball. Only took 3 swings to rule this one out.

The 3 in 10 degree, in the B2 setting was really good for me. I dont have the numbers because my brain was exploding from the headache. The AD UB 7X or RDX Blue 6.5 were nice pairings.

The 2 was the driver we both decided would be best for my game though. The performance wasn’t too different for me from the 3, but it helped me more when I made a poor pass.
Final fitting recommendation was the TSR2 with the AD UB 7X in the B2 hosel setting.

I will most def go back again if possible, as the severe headache made it very difficult for me to focus and enjoy the opportunity.

Edit: I should add that in terms of ball speed, the TSR2 wasn’t faster than the stealth I have now, but it was def getting better/easier launch and the consistency (shot patterns) was better.

Last edited:
If you follow the live update thread that kicks off on Monday you will hear so many fitting stories, performance stories and tech talk as the Titleist Experience begins. 8 THPers were fit for this driver and are headed to Ballyhack Golf Club to play with the head of metal woods, VP of marketing, etc.

this will be such a fun follow!

Last round ever yesterday with my TSi3 and I hit is as well as ever. Was a good going away party and the trophy was cool as hell too!

Now, it’s TSR4 time!!! 😍😍😍😍😍

Had a scramble today and the driver swing was bombing it after some tweaks in my lesson yesterday! Fairway wood was ugly but we'll get that squared away soon. Ready to bomb some TSR hotness 😍

Had a scramble today and the driver swing was bombing it after some tweaks in my lesson yesterday! Fairway wood was ugly but we'll get that squared away soon. Ready to bomb some TSR hotness 😍
With no team competition now next week, it means green lights all around!!! I can’t wait,

With no team competition now next week, it means green lights all around!!! I can’t wait,
Went to range this morning and was hitting my irons/wedges decent. Decided to focus on driver for last half of session as my driver swing was awful Wed. I remember @JB’s post about teeing too low. Decided to go high and let fly. Def worked for me as last 10-12 in a row were piped. That was with my old Ping G30. Can’t wait to hit the same w/ my TSR3. Literally giddy rt now.

Get to get back in the "swing" of things for the next three days at least. Looking forward to getting to know the 4 more.

Went to range this morning and was hitting my irons/wedges decent. Decided to focus on driver for last half of session as my driver swing was awful Wed. I remember @JB’s post about teeing too low. Decided to go high and let fly. Def worked for me as last 10-12 in a row were piped. That was with my old Ping G30. Can’t wait to hit the same w/ my TSR3. Literally giddy rt now.

I'm headed to the in laws outside of Roanoke today and I'm seriously considering a range session tomorrow. This swing tweak isn't grooved yet but man was I seeing some positive signs. In the scramble today I carried a pond I've never carried before... And I carried it by a comfortable 10 yards 🤯

I'm headed to the in laws outside of Roanoke today and I'm seriously considering a range session tomorrow. This swing tweak isn't grooved yet but man was I seeing some positive signs. In the scramble today I carried a pond I've never carried before... And I carried it by a comfortable 10 yards 🤯
I'm not sure the world is ready for Skibum Nukey balls haha. #weneedstrokes

I'm not sure the world is ready for Skibum Nukey balls haha. #weneedstrokes

Don't worry, balance was restored to the Force via my trash irons and fairway woods today 😆

Can’t wait to see the 🚀 in person

The tsr4 goes straighter than a driver like that should..

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
Back