Could be. I feel like #1 is a bad excuse though, since you can easily just have the player choke up an inch.

That said, it's an easy enough experiment to do on your own - just choke up an inch on all your driver swings and see if it helps contact. You also can't make a shorter shaft longer, so it seems to make some sense to me to start with standard length and cut it down if you need to.

Choking up simply isn't the same.

Choking up simply isn't the same.

I can understand you need to add weight to get the same swingweight, but what else about it is different? Is it the taper of the grip? The fitter should be able to put a different weight in there since they have the weight kits.

I'm just trying to say, I hope shaft length on the fitting shafts isn't the cause. I know I've had fitters have me choke up at times in fittings.

i love doing fittings, and have done a lot of them. only once, ONCE, in all of the fittings i've done has a fitter messed with swingweight on the fly, just by adding some lead tape. i can confirm for me, it made a big difference.

I agree with you and @DNice26 that the swingweight can make a difference. I was surprised they didn't recommend adding a bit of headweight. The fitter said you adjust pretty easily.

I can understand you need to add weight to get the same swingweight, but what else about it is different? Is it the taper of the grip? The fitter should be able to put a different weight in there since they have the weight kits.

I'm just trying to say, I hope shaft length on the fitting shafts isn't the cause. I know I've had fitters have me choke up at times in fittings.

I find the weight, balance and feel of the club is sufficiently different when cut down vs. choking up. Perhaps its just a me thing.

I find the weight, balance and feel of the club is sufficiently different when cut down vs. choking up. Perhaps its just a me thing.

Gotcha. Likely the swing weight adjustment I'd imagine.

Really nice that Titleist has the weight kit if you need to make an adjustment in shaft length though without using lead tape.

OBSERVATION......

Anyone else having fun watching the various TSR fitting videos........ ?

Notice any trends? I think I have......

They are fitting guys into shorter drivers! I've watched a good few of the Titleist performance fitting videos and a good majority of them are fitting the guy into drivers in the 45" to sub 45" range.

Personally.....I struggle a bit with consistent driver face contact.....but my brain also doesn't want to give up the distance potential of the longer shaft (as I fixate on longer is faster.....but it isn't always!!!!).

Thoughts...?
I have long arms so in the last two Titleist driver fittings, my spec was 1/2" short and then add 4g head weight. Fairway finders!

For the Titleist Experience, I was fit into the following specs...

Capture Titleist.PNG

My fitting experience was reviewed in the Titleist Experience thread, but a couple of club-related comments...

- I gained 25 yards of carry from my Callaway Epic that was fit (on a simulator) 14 months ago. WOW!
- Very surprised I was fit into -0.5" length! My fitter was very open with the data and numbers, but purposely didn't provide me with what shafts/lofts we were using so I didn't subconsciously change my swing. I'm a tall guy and always figured I needed a longer driver. So much for that! Interesting data point with the shorter club discussion above.
- My fitter works with a lot of club pros in the St. Louis area. His comment was that every single pro he worked with saw gains of at least 5 yards carry from TSI to TSR, and there were two pros who gained around 20 yards. Sounded like he knew it was going to be good, but didn't realize it was going to be that good!
- The buzz is real. My fitting was a private one on a country club range, and we had at least 12 people come up and ask if they could get fit into the fitting schedule. All of them said they had heard great things and were excited to check them out.

I'll get my hands on it in one week at the event...can't wait to see it in action and show THP what this thing can really do!!!

Hit the 2 some today and the 4. Was getting some pretty low spin numbers with my miss on quad with the 2 and Hzrdus 4G. Stock was right at 2100, cuts and fades right in the 26-2700 range. That 2 sounds pretty sweet on the button, but changes pretty quickly outside it I think. It's good feedback. And the shots and flights are real stable on the misses. 3 with the Hzrdus is out for me. It's just too left. TX would maybe help, but I think I've moved away from that profile as much as they've changed it. Hadn't hit the 4 indoor in a bit and I know it's better, and I hit some beauties, but when I decided to move it, it got the whole place's attention. Loud. It sounds way better outdoors. When I cracked one off one of the guys said with wide eyes 'it sounds like a Ping'. lol Going to try to fit in a day to take the 2 out on course this week.

These look really really good, and the amount of positive feedback here is excellent! Lot of chatter up in my neck of the woods about these at the moment, seems every single course is having Titleist fitting days over the next couple of weeks, so this looks like a huge release for them.

Still messing with the weights, but enjoying the heavy in back. Didn't have much wind so not sure on spin.

Started to try and shape them on some drivable par 4's. Went well, but cant be lazy with the 1K Black. Didn't hit any but was just off to the left. A little nervous starting it towards OB right now.

Fades didnt go as well. A little sequencing issue and made one go left, which I've said it won't do🤪. Still playable but was just about in the crap.

Work takes me away for a week, but will get back at it.

Hit the 2 some today and the 4. Was getting some pretty low spin numbers with my miss on quad with the 2 and Hzrdus 4G. Stock was right at 2100, cuts and fades right in the 26-2700 range. That 2 sounds pretty sweet on the button, but changes pretty quickly outside it I think. It's good feedback. And the shots and flights are real stable on the misses. 3 with the Hzrdus is out for me. It's just too left. TX would maybe help, but I think I've moved away from that profile as much as they've changed it. Hadn't hit the 4 indoor in a bit and I know it's better, and I hit some beauties, but when I decided to move it, it got the whole place's attention. Loud. It sounds way better outdoors. When I cracked one off one of the guys said with wide eyes 'it sounds like a Ping'. lol Going to try to fit in a day to take the 2 out on course this week.
Man, I’ve hit the 4 indoors and out and I would never ever liken it to the PING. Eeeeeeeeever.

I’m excited about next week because the group has people fit into every head, so we will be able to bring a lot of feedback across the board.

Was trying to go through the same other guys coming in for the Experience next week and see who got fit into what, but some haven’t posted it yet from what my THP search skills have shown. Maybe they will jump in and let us know about that fitting!

@bigbov TSR3

@BoilerCLE TSR3

@Roadrunner TSR2

@Golf4Lux

@Jman TSR4

@Duffer Waldorf TSR3

@SkiBumGolfer TSR2

@Kmench TSR3

Very cool we have at least one of each head in the event!

Last edited:
Updated the above, just missing @Golf4Lux

Man, I’ve hit the 4 indoors and out and I would never ever liken it to the PING. Eeeeeeeeever.
Yeah I don't think there's a need for that kind of language. These were released on time. Lol

I think its interesting with this lineup based on reviews out there, that people who used to game the TSI3 are moving to TSR2 or TSR4. Seems to me that the 2 and 4 are the most improved over the last version.

On paper, TSR3 fits me the best for what I am after.

I think its interesting with this lineup based on reviews out there, that people who used to game the TSI3 are moving to TSR2 or TSR4. Seems to me that the 2 and 4 are the most improved over the last version.

On paper, TSR3 fits me the best for what I am after.

Fitting is key. I thought I would be a TSR3 guy, but the TSR2 was the CLEAR choice based on the data (at least on the swings I made).

Fitting is key. I thought I would be a TSR3 guy, but the TSR2 was the CLEAR choice based on the data (at least on the swings I made).
Absolutely.. I was sure I was going to get the TSR2. I ended up in a TSR3. Can't wait to see that baby again!!

yup, I’m going in blind and acted on the preorder to try to get it on hand before the season ends.

I’m hoping it’ll be a good fit for me, and if I have any doubts, I’ll try the 2 and 4 off season and trade for it if one of them performed better than the 3.

I think I am going to order based on my TSi fitting. I have hit both a few times but with no launch monitor data.

Fitting is set for Sep 27th at a local Titleist Fitting event.
Maybe this is the year that I finally play a Titleist driver and FW. Never really got along with them before.
Excited to see all the positive feedback.

I like the looks. And I like this even more Loft Options: 8.0 in RH and 9.0, 10.0, 11.0 in RH/LH
11.0 degrees in LH? I think that's a Yes please!

What's a good shaft for a slow swing? I'm talking SAS... slow assed swing like maybe in the mid 80's to low 90's:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and probably anything above 85 is a stretch.

So something happened today......lefty demo 2 and 3 showed......hit 2 only with stock blue 55 reg vs my Speed with 65 blue reg .....10 loft vs 10.5 lofted down

Feel is AMAZING in tsr 2 head ....Speed more metallic but still solid sound/feel.

I had tsi2 last year for a minute and this is a massive improvement in looks and feel. But performance is king right? Well the biggest point I saw is the spin consistency.....I'm all over the face and spin deviation was ranging from 2200 to 2550......My Speed head on occasion would drop low on toe strikes creating that dive bomb right shot.

Ballspeed gains also noticeable and it seemed like the harder I swung ( which isn't much) the further and straighter it went. I'll play it exclusively tomorrow on a course I'm NOT familiar with ....but I'll try to swing with confidence on each shot

Back