JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New Vokey SM9 wedges are hitting tour this week at the Sentry Tournament of Champions in Maui.

Bob Vokey and Tour Rep Aaron Dill, working alongside Vokey’s team of engineers, have spent the last two years designing prototypes and testing them with the world’s best players, pushing forward in their relentless mission to craft better performing and better feeling wedges.

Players in the field this week at Kapalua are getting the first opportunity to game the new models in competition. The tour launch of Vokey SM9 will continue at The American Express, when AD is back behind his grinding wheel in the Titleist Tour Truck at PGA West.

FILDHw1XEAEx_9K-1024x576.jpeg

Stay tuned as we bring you more on the new Titleist...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was waiting for this thread to pop up this morning! Talked a lot about these back in Oct & pretty excited to get them in the bag!!!

Thanks @JB Saw this early AM. It's release SZN!

Can't wait for the marketing rhetoric! ;)

They look pretty good. Interested to see if there is a tech story or just more of the same.

New wedge release to kickoff releases in 2022. These look good. I think the diagonal knurl on the hosel is one of my favorite pointless details on Vokeys.

Interesting. I see what I think is some what is becoming common design ideas in these. They look great though.

Interesting. I see what I think is some what is becoming common design ideas in these. They look great though.

I was thinking the same thing.

never hit a vokey wedge before, thats kinda crazy. :unsure:

Just received my last batch of SM8s from 2021. I think my stock pile is large enough to wait til the March release for these. Excited. They look great!

Look like a nice, classic Vokey. Love my Sm8s. Will probably play them for one more year then look into the 9s next year. Interested to hear the changes they've made.

My SM8s have seen a lot of play. 9s may require some attention

I was thinking the same thing.

never hit a vokey wedge before, thats kinda crazy. :unsure:

I loved the SM6s. Skipped the 7s. The SM8 were not that great in my opinion. These look good and will for sure give them a try. The one thing that Vokey does right is provide a ton of grind options. So you can find the wedge and sole shape that works for you. That is very appealing.

I love the return to simplicity on the wedge design aesthetics. These look awesome... The grind process is always interesting to me as it's something that's been given little to no thought on my current clubs and previous wedges.

Great looking wedge!

I loved the SM6s. Skipped the 7s. The SM8 were not that great in my opinion. These look good and will for sure give them a try. The one thing that Vokey does right is provide a ton of grind options. So you can find the wedge and sole shape that works for you. That is very appealing.

despite years of trying to understand grinds, I still don't, so i just choose the middle one :LOL:

New wedge release to kickoff releases in 2022. These look good. I think the diagonal knurl on the hosel is one of my favorite pointless details on Vokeys.
Agreed, that’s why I paint fulled it on my tinker wedge, make it pop

these look better than the SM8 to me. Can't wait to find out more.

despite years of trying to understand grinds, I still don't, so i just choose the middle one :LOL:

Not a terrible plan of action. Mid bounce is where most should live in my opinion. I remember reading that the average bounce on tour is something like 13*. I think many rec players fall in love with lower bounce that is probably good for them in most cases.

I chatted with Luke from Titleist about these a bit during one of our matches. I’m excited to be able to get my hands on these when they drop to the public. About all I can say. 😁

Look beautiful. Love my SM8s. Wedge fitting made a huge difference for me. Would love to try these.

Still have my SM7s, but currently playing my home built Maltby. The Vokeys have a feel though that is simply hard to beat.

Those certainly look sweet. One of these days I'll try a Vokey wedge

Those look...... sexy!!!!

Back