it's been a long time since i gamed a vokey wedge. i did mess with the sm8s in a bay late last year, and honestly they were my favorite of everything else i hit that day. it's a shape that seems to fit my eye well. i'm very happy with my current wedges, though.

To me they look a bit like Mizuno E21 (i forget what those were called). But I’d say it’sa look only a mother could love. If they perform then so much the better!

A lot of people have been waiting for these! Who is grabbing them the first chance they get?

I loved the SM6s. Skipped the 7s. The SM8 were not that great in my opinion. These look good and will for sure give them a try. The one thing that Vokey does right is provide a ton of grind options. So you can find the wedge and sole shape that works for you. That is very appealing.

This is how I feel about the releases as well. SM8 I feel like they did something to the COG too much cause I can’t hit my numbers with them like I could the prior different companies’ product. Frustrating as hell too.

I really can't wait to give these a try.

SM8 was awesome, I just had a bad experience with finish and never recovered. These though? Go with what you know and expect great things.

This is how I feel about the releases as well. SM8 I feel like they did something to the COG too much cause I can’t hit my numbers with them like I could the prior different companies’ product. Frustrating as hell too.

There was something odd about the 8s that I cant really put my finger on to explain. I am sure it is as you say, related to the COG and it supposedly being out in front of the face. But, I could not explain to you the weirdness I felt with them.

There was something odd about the 8s that I cant really put my finger on to explain. I am sure it is as you say, related to the COG and it supposedly being out in front of the face. But, I could not explain to you the weirdness I felt with them.

I mean, they spin well around the greens and stuff. But that being said, I feel like my eyes are wandering to competition just the same. I'll try them though, see how that works out

I really like my SM8s they have been solid performers. Those SM9s look awesome. Not sure ill change mine out right away but i will find a way to try them on the range.

How timely… I’m planning on a wedge fitting soon and these will get a solid consideration.

I would love to try these. The fact that it comes in a 46° and 48° (or at least one or the other) is a huge plus for me

New wedge release to kickoff releases in 2022. These look good. I think the diagonal knurl on the hosel is one of my favorite pointless details on Vokeys.

I think that's there to help cut through thick rough - Edel had something similar in their original wedges. Does it work?:oops: Who knows. Looks cool.

:love:

Do these look much rounder and thicker on the sole or is it just me? If that means more forgiving on thinned chips than sign me up!

despite years of trying to understand grinds, I still don't, so i just choose the middle one :LOL:

Getting fitted was big for me it made me realize I needed more bounce on my wedges particularly out of the sand.

Absolutely no doubt they make some sexxxxxxxy sexy wedges

I will be ordering a couple as soon as I can

I will be ordering a couple as soon as I can

I was just wondering whether I should call our club manager and ask him to order for me.

Should I go stock wedge shafts or go Modus 120s soft stepped like the rest of my clubs.

Reactions: MH
Very happy with my current wedge setup, but I'll always take notice when Vokey has a new wedge out. So many good ones I've played in the past.

Still pretty happy with my SM8's, but these do look great as all Vokeys do. My grab a 50 to mess with as that is the wedge I use the most.

Classy looking wedge!

They certainly look "Titleisty"

Based on the very early limited images, I’ve already decided the SM9s are not for me, not loving at all the bulbous appearance. My SM8 54 is in good shape and doesn’t need replacing anyway, my SM8 58 the grooves are going, so I’ve just ordered a replacement SM8 58 online at a great price. To be honest, quite happy that I don’t like the SM9, the new SM8 can be my gamer, and my current one I can use as a practice bunker wedge, having a gamer and practice wedge in the same model makes sense to me.

Last edited:
My SM8 have a lot of life left in them. No doubt I’ll be looking at these later this season.

Love my SM8s; not sure I’ll get the SM9s yet… but I’ll try them!

Back