Tossing Balls Away.

Johneli

Reaction score
Handicap
When you have a bad hole do you toss your ball into the lake? PGA touring pros do. I've seen club members do it as well. What silly premise has to be established in someone's mind in order to find that action satisfying? Why not throw the club that produced that shot into the lake? Why not throw yourself into the lake....after all you're the one who made the swing?

Pure Idiocy IMO. At four bucks a ball (no matter how much money you have) it's just plain lunacy.

What do you think?

Rarely, but if I am playing really poorly I will throw my ball in the lake on the 18th. That ball would most likely be headed to the shag bag anyway.

Almost never. Even if the ball is scuffed up or cut up it will go in my practice bag before the fishies get it..

I have done it, but very rarely. I have to be very upset and the ball has to be on its last legs. I don't do it because I blame the ball, but because it is time to change it and I might as well let the rest of the balls in the bag know I have no mercy on poor performance.

I will throw my ball in the lake on the 18th. That ball would most likely be headed to the shag bag anyway.

Yep. Never before the 18th

Absolutely!

Especially if it was after a very bad hole; I simply don't want that ball filling the other balls' minds with visions of trees, tall grass and bad bounces.

Besides, after what it just did to me - it deserves a watery grave. I mean, there is just some crap up with which I will not put and that's that!

Stupid ball...

-JP

I've never thrown a $4.00 ball into the pond, they seem to jump in on their own. I have thrown some of the cheap balls that I usually buy into the pond. It's not that I blame the ball for my bad swing but I have to have an outlet for my frustration at times.

I'm curious about these people that don't swear, throw clubs or toss a ball into the pond. How do you actually deal with frustration or do you just not get frustrated and angry with the way that you are playing at times?

I'm curious about these people that don't swear, throw clubs or toss a ball into the pond. How do you actually deal with frustration ...?

They end up naked in a bell tower with a high-powered rifle.

-JP

They end up naked in a bell tower with a high-powered rifle.

-JP

:laughing: I think my keyboard is ruined. My company laptop has coffee spewed all over it.

I'll occasionally toss a ball in the water after a bad hole, but it is usually only a couple times a year at most, and usually the ball is scuffed anyway, that or it was a really bad hole:D

I've thrown them into the woods and really tall grass if there wasn't any water available.

No, I never have. Unlike tour pros I have to purchase all my golf equipment, so throwing stuff away over a bad situation does not work for me. I am a charter member of "Every Golf Ball Needs A Home" and last I heard Poseidon had not taken golf up as yet.

Not going to lie, I do it on really bad days. Usually when I miss a short 3 footer, that is the last straw. I'll toss it in a bush, lake, or give it to a friend.

If the ball is starting to get scuffed it goes into the practice bag,the only ones i through away are cheaper ones that i find.

I don't blame the ball - I blame the tee and I'll toss it.

I've never thrown a $4.00 ball into the pond, they seem to jump in on their own. I have thrown some of the cheap balls that I usually buy into the pond. It's not that I blame the ball for my bad swing but I have to have an outlet for my frustration at times.

I'm curious about these people that don't swear, throw clubs or toss a ball into the pond. How do you actually deal with frustration or do you just not get frustrated and angry with the way that you are playing at times?

To get frustrated, angry or swear IMO is pretty normal. (You're mad at yourself and that's how you express it.) But to blame an inanimate object for your failings.......priceless!

To get frustrated, angry or swear IMO is pretty normal. (You're mad at yourself and that's how you express it.) But to blame an inanimate object for your failings.......priceless!

Nobody blames an inanimate object. It's just a way to vent the frustration of hitting a bad shot.

As someone who purchases used balls exclusively. I thank you all!

Absolutely!

Especially if it was after a very bad hole; I simply don't want that ball filling the other balls' minds with visions of trees, tall grass and bad bounces.

Besides, after what it just did to me - it deserves a watery grave. I mean, there is just some crap up with which I will not put and that's that!

Stupid ball...

-JP

Same here, along with a stern warning:

wiggumgun1.gif

If I'm playing poorly, I don't need to throw the ball away.

It usually leaves me on its own.

Back