Tour Edge Exotics 722 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I absolutely love the C722 13*. I am hitting a higher percentage of fairways with it and not giving up a ton of distance. If I need to find a fairway but still need to get it out there, it’s my go to.

I absolutely love the C722 13*. I am hitting a higher percentage of fairways with it and not giving up a ton of distance. If I need to find a fairway but still need to get it out there, it’s my go to.
You and the others with your C722 fairways are making me really want to try one. The E722 is forgiving and easy to launch, but it is not the bomber that the C722 seems to be

You and the others with your C722 fairways are making me really want to try one. The E722 is forgiving and easy to launch, but it is not the bomber that the C722 seems to be
Do you have somewhere you can try the C722?

Worth a trip
It is intriguing enough that I want to try it and if it's the distance powerhouse that the Stealth has shown, I'll sell the Stealth to get the C722 and use the E722 as the 230y club. I'd shorten the 16.5° a half inch to play more like a strong 5w.

TEE is taking over the top of my bag...

Driver - 270y + (E722)
3w - 250y + (C722???)
4w - 235y (E722)
4i - 220y (C722 Ti-Utility)

It is intriguing enough that I want to try it and if it's the distance powerhouse that the Stealth has shown, I'll sell the Stealth to get the C722 and use the E722 as the 230y club. I'd shorten the 16.5° a half inch to play more like a strong 5w.

TEE is taking over the top of my bag...

Driver - 270y + (E722)
3w - 250y + (C722???)
4w - 235y (E722)
4i - 220y (C722 Ti-Utility)
Just from my demoing, the Stealth + is just a little longer, but the cost to yard ratio was strongly with the C722.

Unfortunately, I haven't hit the C722 in a few rounds. I've been playing driver off the tee and I rarely need a 3w off the deck.

I hate to force a club play but I might need to.

Unfortunately, I haven't hit the C722 in a few rounds. I've been playing driver off the tee and I rarely need a 3w off the deck.

I hate to force a club play but I might need to.
I know this probably isn't ideal, but play a round from a shorter tees to force the 3w. Thankfully there was a course near me that costs $12 per 9 and I walked and purposely used the 3w

I know this probably isn't ideal, but play a round from a shorter tees to force the 3w. Thankfully there was a course near me that costs $12 per 9 and I walked and purposely used the 3w
I could do that, but probably won't. To modify how I play just to be forced to play a club that I know performs solidly well isn't going to help me learn anything new and probably make me enjoy the round less. On the other hand, I like the C722 3w more than I like the E722 driver.

Topped a drive today, left a 3w in form 260. Made par. It was fantastic.

Quick evening session on the LM just to see some numbers. I lofted up the C722 15° 3w because after about 3 swings I knew I was not launching the ball high enough to max out the distance (and boy was I correct)

I'll have to digest the numbers more, but I was seeing 10y further carry with the C722 compared to the E722, both at 16.5°. on my best strikes with the C722, I was getting driver like numbers...255y carry and 270y total (that's about 20y farther than the E722). My driver is going about 275y right now, but can stretch it out to 285y on a good day.

Today I was getting about 235-240y carry with the E722 and 250y total on the best strikes. I think with the E722 it is easier to launch, but doesn't have the horsepower that the C722 does. It spins a little more (numbers coming later) which reduces the distance but the added height and backspin leads to a touch more control for me. I had some ugly duck hooks with the C722 today.

For an all out distance 3w, you can't go wrong with the C722. If you need some additional launch to get the most out of a FW, the E722 might be the better bet.

Hit the E722 16.5° twice today. I hit them poorly to say the least, low on the face, almost felt like I should have topped them, but was "rewarded" with a 237y and 227y shot. I attribute that some to the extremely dry conditions and some to the design of the club, but also glad that these went straight.

I'm not overly confident or consistent with FW or Hybrid clubs so unless it's wide open and/or an absurdly long approach into a par 5, I generally take an iron to lay up to a number.

I think I've figured out something with the E722 FW on the LM last night.

If I play for a "cut" I hit the ball more solidly and get distance and ball flight I'd expect from a 16.5° 3w. Now because I'm not a true internet golfer, I don't hit the ball as I expect all the time and my 3w doesn't fly 300y, but I was consistently seeing 235-240y carry when struck well. Sometimes I would close the face and that "cut" turned into a smother hook 😕...but I can do that with any club

I think I've figured out something with the E722 FW on the LM last night.

If I play for a "cut" I hit the ball more solidly and get distance and ball flight I'd expect from a 16.5° 3w. Now because I'm not a true internet golfer, I don't hit the ball as I expect all the time and my 3w doesn't fly 300y, but I was consistently seeing 235-240y carry when struck well. Sometimes I would close the face and that "cut" turned into a smother hook 😕...but I can do that with any club
When I see that hook miss come into play, I think cut when I swing and it usually straightens things out. If I get lazy or my tempo gets too quick, the left miss comes into play with the 3w for me too.

When my driver went haywire on the front 9, it allowed me to use this 3 times from the tee. I hit this well, but not perfectly and was rewarded with 3 shots that went 235-245y and 2 of them ended up right in the middle of the fairway. The one that didn't, was purely due to my aim. Since I found I hit this better playing for a cut, I aimed left planning for the cut and it was dead straight...ended up in the left rough, but not a fault of the club

Over the last month or so, I’ve seen a left miss (hook) come into play for me. The C722 13* has not been immune to it. It’s not a pretty miss when it happens— it’s a low duck hook that gets me into trouble. Not sure if it’s the lower loft combined with the Tensei white but it’s a miss that I don’t want to be in my head on the tee. I put my Srixon in the bag (it’s 15*) and different shaft but was not missing it left. Will be playing with both of them again to see how it goes.

My golf season is over. I've gotta say, of the three clubs TEEm members got this year, the C722 3w was my favorite. Dollar for dollar, it was a beast of a club with some really high end materials. Remarkably forgiving for a performance club.

My golf season is over. I've gotta say, of the three clubs TEEm members got this year, the C722 3w was my favorite. Dollar for dollar, it was a beast of a club with some really high end materials. Remarkably forgiving for a performance club.
I've got a good month left before the season wraps up (unless I venture out on a "warm" fall day). I didn't get along with the E722 early on, but once I found the "cut swing" gives the best contact, I've had a few bombs with the 3w. Not quite the horsepower of the C722 that you guys saw, but I'm nonetheless impressed.

Back