Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

This just in....
Tour Edge Tour Stand bag that they just got in. I was on the Phone with a Customer Service rep about buying a bag and they just got these in. Right now i have a C721 Driver in it and so to have a set of C721 Irons. I you gonna Rep....REP. Full Length pocket on one side, scorecard pocket, dry pocket, place for marking pen, pocket on the other side with Bottle sleeve. Two more pockets on the bottom for stuff and balls....THe clubs will look so good in here.

Would look so good as a part of the remote cart mafia

View attachment 9008295View attachment 9008296
Nice bag. I’ve been looking at some.

I'll be curious what others find, but my (3) E721 7 irons came in. I put them on my scale and the XP85 and Elevate 95 came out at a D5 swing weight and D5.5 for the KBS 70g. Off the graphite one would be heavier. Man those are some heavy swing weights. i thought maybe my scale was off but I measured some other known clubs and those checked out just fine.

My T-Rails with Modus 105 all come in at a D3 and my i200's float around D1.5-D2 in the 6 and 7 irons.
I feel like I struggle with the T-rail 6i because it starts to feel a bit on the heavy side especially on cooler days when the swing is not up to speed.

I'll still give them a chance but man that seems like an awfully heavy swing weight. Can't understand why they would build them that heavy. any thoughts out there?

I'll be curious what others find, but my (3) E721 7 irons came in. I put them on my scale and the XP85 and Elevate 95 came out at a D5 swing weight and D5.5 for the KBS 70g. Off the graphite one would be heavier. Man those are some heavy swing weights. i thought maybe my scale was off but I measured some other known clubs and those checked out just fine.

My T-Rails with Modus 105 all come in at a D3 and my i200's float around D1.5-D2 in the 6 and 7 irons.
I feel like I struggle with the T-rail 6i because it starts to feel a bit on the heavy side especially on cooler days when the swing is not up to speed.

I'll still give them a chance but man that seems like an awfully heavy swing weight. Can't understand why they would build them that heavy. any thoughts out there?
Guess we will know in a week or so. Hope it’s not that heavy. If so I’ll be tweaking mine down some

Guess we will know in a week or so. Hope it’s not that heavy. If so I’ll be tweaking mine down some
How ? Unless shortening them which I don’t want to do. Also don’t want to put on a heavier grip either just by trick the scale.

My cu
How ? Unless shortening them which I don’t want to do. Also don’t want to put on a heavier grip either just by trick the scale.
My custom KFTs have counterbalance weights in end of shaft. They were built by club builder when I couldn’t get clubs out of cobra due to COVID

Per email response I just got back from TE c721 with elevate 95 should come out D2 at stock length.

Per email response I just got back from TE c721 with elevate 95 should come out D2 at stock length.
I’ll email them about the e721. Can’t see them being 3pts higher. Maybe the 30 day trial ones are off spec and pulled for the trial program

Went with the C721 iron, and the Elevate 95 VSS in stiff. Shaft choice was mainly based on the SpeedTested results that Tour Edge provides. If they can deliver on the performance of a Players Distance iron, with the feel of a fully forged iron, I will be very, very happy.
I went with the C721 irons and decided to stay in the ProjectX Black Smoke RDX family... I really like the driver shaft, want to try a graphite shaft, and already hit the ball high enough the way it is... so figured a low flight would be good for me. Can't wait to test them against the Gen3 PXG's

Look forward to everyone’s thoughts on these. Only wish that there were a few more shaft options. I do look forward to trying something that I might not have chosen otherwise though.
ProjectX LZ 6.0 would have been fun to use.... :)

With our review sets in the works thought I take this moment to say my first reviews upon arrival will be based on appearance and feel in hand. No full swings in my future for couple weeks. Will make up for that when released to do so

Hey @erock9174 have you had a chance to get out and hit the E's yet?

Hey @erock9174 have you had a chance to get out and hit the E's yet?
Yesterday at the range. My swing took a while to get dialed so it wasn’t the best day to test.
Distance wise they seemed about the same as my power spec i200 irons and T-Rails. I was expecting with the e721 7i being stronger to replace my 6i but it didn’t seem to cover that gap. Want to get them on the course to see how they play

the feel and sound was good for a distance iron. No loud thonk like many these days so that was a plus.

definitely a nice looking head for sure. Some offset there for sure but nothing extreme. Top line is thick though. If you don’t like a wide top line then go c721 over these.

Just ordered these with the Hazardus black R flex. I have a relatively high launch angle and they say this shaft has a lower launch. We shall see. Ordered 3-AW. Have been using Rogue Pro with recoil for awhile. I'm 76 years old but still play to an 8 or 9 and 85-90 MPH swing speed. Hoping to get a bit more distance from these and I also like the idea of the forged feel in a players distance cast iron. Will be receiving them the end of next week they tell me. I will come back after a couple rounds and add what I find out.

Just ordered these with the Hazardus black R flex. I have a relatively high launch angle and they say this shaft has a lower launch. We shall see. Ordered 3-AW. Have been using Rogue Pro with recoil for awhile. I'm 76 years old but still play to an 8 or 9 and 85-90 MPH swing speed. Hoping to get a bit more distance from these and I also like the idea of the forged feel in a players distance cast iron. Will be receiving them the end of next week they tell me. I will come back after a couple rounds and add what I find out.
I too cant wait to see if the c's live up to the Forged feel in a players distance iron. Definitely excited to give the VIBRCOR a full run down. Cant wait to hear your thoughts once they arrive!

SO looking forward to these coming in.....I start Marshaling at the Colonial Wednesday tru Sunday so if the come in this week, i will definitely tossing them in the truck and hitting th e range either on the way there or home to start the testing, I want them to be THE CLUBS in the bag so much

I am also now looking forward to their arrival. There were a few days there about 5 or 6 that I wasn’t caring. Can now see being able to return to full swinging of golf clubs in very near future.

I am also now looking forward to their arrival. There were a few days there about 5 or 6 that I wasn’t caring. Can now see being able to return to full swinging of golf clubs in very near future.
so glad your recovery is coming along.....

With the TEEm eagerly anticipating the arrival if some C721 sets, anyo e out there with questions you'd like us to answer? Any part of their tech story you want us to focus on during testing?

As I mentioned before, there were a few requests for comparisons on the C721 and Cobra KFT, so I'll be covering that. I also can wait to test out VIBRCOR to see how the sound and feel is.

What do all of you want to see?

Every time my dogs start barking while i am working back in the office, I run to the door to see if my C721 irons are here.

Trying to decide on a backup set... considering the C721's and Ben Hogan Edge Ex. Any thoughts on how these two compare.

I am currently playing the PTX Pro Icon Players Combo set......Waiting on a set of C721's so i could help you after i try them

Trying to decide on a backup set... considering the C721's and Ben Hogan Edge Ex. Any thoughts on how these two compare.
What are your gamers

Very interested in these.

Currently playing Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metals, and thinking the E721 are a fairly similar profile, but maybe the C721 have enough tech to perform similarly

My only complaint with the JPX 900 is the durability. I got them in mid 2018 and several of them have fairly significant wear spots in and around the sweet spot. That’s partly because our driving range has very sandy soil, but also because of the soft metal Mizuno uses. As I understand it, Tour Edge is using alpha mar aging steel which should be much more durable.

The final worry is the extreme toe weighting, which makes me think draw bias. That I don’t need, but I suppose some would say the JPXs have some of that too.

Currently playing Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metals, and thinking the E721 are a fairly similar profile, but maybe the C721 have enough tech to perform similarly

My only complaint with the JPX 900 is the durability. I got them in mid 2018 and several of them have fairly significant wear spots in and around the sweet spot. That’s partly because our driving range has very sandy soil, but also because of the soft metal Mizuno uses. As I understand it, Tour Edge is using alpha mar aging steel which should be much more durable.

The final worry is the extreme toe weighting, which makes me think draw bias. That I don’t need, but I suppose some would say the JPXs have some of that too.
There are 4 of us waiting to get the c721s in hand to review. Will be info soon. Should arrive any day.

The more weight in the toe should theoretically slow the face rotation making it harder to turn over. Toe weighting in irons is more used for stability and increased forgiveness than ball flight as I understand it.

Back