Tour Edge Exotics C722 Ti-Utility Review

Why I said the feel of a well struck shot is addicting/addictive...

I told my wife before we put our kids to bed, I was going to be in the garage for 5 minutes, thinking I just want to swing the 4U w/o the LM just to see how it felt before looking at numbers...after 2 swings, I run into the house to set up the BLP it was that good

20 minutes later and about 30 swings, tired now :LOL:...I can say one thing, C722 Ti-Utility is FAST

These are just me looking at the screen on the BLP, I didn't have an ipad or PC set up.

Well struck shots - avg 216y carry, 3,500rpm backspin, 135-141mph ball speed, 12° launch all off the deck

My first 4 shots ball speed 137, 138, 136, 135 (this was the addicting part)...all carried 212-218y

Obviously I am not a machine and there were some duds thrown into those 30 or so shots.

When I caught it a little fat, the carry dropped to around 200y with a ball speed around 120mph and the real spot you don't want to miss with this utility iron is near the toe...I lost a good amount of ball speed and spin here, total carry was between 170 and 180y and backspin fell to the upper 2k range on toe strikes.

Mind you this is an IRON and not expected to have the same forgiveness as a hybrid or fairway wood.

To get the most out of this some club head speed is needed, thankfully I think I have enough to make this playable

Later in the week I'll compare to my standard 4i and 4 hybrid keeping an eye on distance and direction

Mixed results with the 4U today...tried to over swing too much and this is definitely for the better player as I was punished on the LM with poor swings or poor strike location.

However when I connected, I'd get 138-140 mph ball speed and 215+ carry. The only problem I see with this club, I have a lower than ideal ball flight so this runs out great on virtual fairway lies, but it won't hold a green

4 is here. Already pulled the shaft and it’s curing. Will get it on monitor in an hour or two.

59FE0B1A-289F-4A8E-9505-0E3E54272B35.jpegD8B860B8-48C0-45D6-B107-5F90315DF6A7.jpegB8220660-5D81-4795-A3FF-EE8A07D52676.jpeg

Mixed results with the 4U today...tried to over swing too much and this is definitely for the better player as I was punished on the LM with poor swings or poor strike location.

However when I connected, I'd get 138-140 mph ball speed and 215+ carry. The only problem I see with this club, I have a lower than ideal ball flight so this runs out great on virtual fairway lies, but it won't hold a green
How many times a round do you hit a 4 into a green?

Umm...once, never lol :LOL:
Exactly.

But, a UT is always going to be a lower flight and more piercing trajectory than a hybrid in this same 4 spot will be. So if that descent angle is the concern, hybrid may be the way for you to go.

Exactly.

But, a UT is always going to be a lower flight and more piercing trajectory than a hybrid in this same 4 spot will be. So if that descent angle is the concern, hybrid may be the way for you to go.
Or if we play in The Open, it will be the perfect club

Hahaha, TRUE!

They're tee clubs for me, so I love that flatter trajectory.
I think this will be a tee club for me mostly too...I don't like hybrids off the tee because of height usually, but off the deck they're better...so it'll all be course dependent I guess

Hahaha, TRUE!

They're tee clubs for me, so I love that flatter trajectory.
Same for me. If I am needing to find a fairway it's what I go to.

Reshafted, cured, gripped, and ready for a sim round here in about 30 minutes!

So feedback from today's range session because it's pouring here 🙁

4U generally same carry distance as my Mavrik 4hy. About 500rpm less spin, lower ball flight, but runs out to about 5y longer total distance than my hybrid.

I am more accurate with my standard Cobra Tour MIM 4i but about 10-15y shorter than the hybrid/utility in both carry and total distance. Ball height with this is about the same as the 4U.

The 4U is a rocket in the 4i slot in the bag but it's still TBD if I am going to use/keep this club. I don't know if I see a need for it to replace the 4hy because distance is similar, and I generally prefer higher ball flight, so the hybrid might win out in the end.

If you're familiar with driving irons and currently use one or are in the market for one, don't count this one out

Oh, ball speed forgiveness on this club is better than my standard 4i, but worse than a hybrid... shockingly as expected 😉

These feel as good as anything in the segment. Maybe better. Such an improvement from the EXS.

Not sure if the weight in the back wasn't locked in when I got the club, but it came loose quickly, but it was an easy fix to lock it back in. Not sure how someone would lock it in since the club doesn't come with a wrench

Not sure if the weight in the back wasn't locked in when I got the club, but it came loose quickly, but it was an easy fix to lock it back in. Not sure how someone would lock it in since the club doesn't come with a wrench
Because by now most golfers have way too many wrenches. 🤣

Because by now most golfers have way too many wrenches. 🤣
Fair...I thought all would fit,. But wanted to mention it...I only have about 10 different wrenches in my basement now

I think this 4U just beat out the Fli-Hi.

Back