Tour Edge Exotics C723 and E723 Drivers

Finally got the E723 out for another round, and it continues to impress me. So, E723, 10.5*, Ventus Blue 60R, Adapter in the 10.5* Upright position, and sliding weight moved to the Draw side. Having the adapter in this position squares the face up for my eye, and is the position I used in my previous TEE drivers. Moving the weight to the Draw side matches what I've been most successful with in my previous driver, a Ping G425 LST.

I got to my local course right behind a pretty steady stream of walk-ons, so I was told I'd probably move along better as a single if I started on the back nine (membership has it's privileges :cool:). No warmups, driver off the tee on this short par-4 10th, and my worst drive of the day, a popup that barely made it to the fairway, probably only 175 yds or so, but hey, it was a fairway hit! After that the driver played really well, this course only has nine holes that I hit driver on, par 70 course with six par-3s and three others that I hit less than driver, but I did hit 7 of 9 fairways with the E723. After that first tee shot, distance was very good too. It was CPO, with pretty wet conditions, and virtually no roll out in the fairways. I was measuring my drives with a handheld Garmin GPS, finding the balls either plugged or right by the ball marks, and drives ranged from 215 to 230 yds, which is very good for me since it was all carry. Ball flight was my typical mid to mid-low, and most were dead straight.

The forgiveness of the E723 is still a real eye opener, as I was missing some out on the toe, and didn't really see any negative results form those misses. I still think the sound might turn off some, it is a bit on the loud side, doesn't bother me any, I've had loud drivers before, but some may find it a bit much. The adjustability definitely works, the upright position on the shaft adapter definitely squared the face, and moving the sliding weight to the draw side straightened out the bigger than I like fade that I was seeing with the weight in the neutral position.

I also took a few more photos:

I put my old Tour Edge cart bag back in play:
Exotics Bag.jpg

and I had to wear one of my old TEE hats

E723 Driver_04.jpg

I absolutely like the looks of this driver

E723 Driver_01.jpg

E723 Driver_02.jpg

E723 Driver_03.jpg

Finally got the E723 out for another round, and it continues to impress me. So, E723, 10.5*, Ventus Blue 60R, Adapter in the 10.5* Upright position, and sliding weight moved to the Draw side. Having the adapter in this position squares the face up for my eye, and is the position I used in my previous TEE drivers. Moving the weight to the Draw side matches what I've been most successful with in my previous driver, a Ping G425 LST.

I got to my local course right behind a pretty steady stream of walk-ons, so I was told I'd probably move along better as a single if I started on the back nine (membership has it's privileges :cool:). No warmups, driver off the tee on this short par-4 10th, and my worst drive of the day, a popup that barely made it to the fairway, probably only 175 yds or so, but hey, it was a fairway hit! After that the driver played really well, this course only has nine holes that I hit driver on, par 70 course with six par-3s and three others that I hit less than driver, but I did hit 7 of 9 fairways with the E723. After that first tee shot, distance was very good too. It was CPO, with pretty wet conditions, and virtually no roll out in the fairways. I was measuring my drives with a handheld Garmin GPS, finding the balls either plugged or right by the ball marks, and drives ranged from 215 to 230 yds, which is very good for me since it was all carry. Ball flight was my typical mid to mid-low, and most were dead straight.

The forgiveness of the E723 is still a real eye opener, as I was missing some out on the toe, and didn't really see any negative results form those misses. I still think the sound might turn off some, it is a bit on the loud side, doesn't bother me any, I've had loud drivers before, but some may find it a bit much. The adjustability definitely works, the upright position on the shaft adapter definitely squared the face, and moving the sliding weight to the draw side straightened out the bigger than I like fade that I was seeing with the weight in the neutral position.

I also took a few more photos:

I put my old Tour Edge cart bag back in play:
View attachment 9169557

and I had to wear one of my old TEE hats

View attachment 9169558

I absolutely like the looks of this driver

View attachment 9169559

View attachment 9169560

View attachment 9169561
This line just looks so good in the sun no?

Interesting session tonight, need to clean up the numbers cos I was getting some really goofy numbers on ball spin on decent shots.

Uneekor Overhead system, not sure if it didn't like the Tour Response Stripe.
Most camera based monitors like solid white golf balls. Was the Uneekor in front of the hitting area? (Eye XO). Also, don't take too much into any club data from Uneekor. I heard they've had a recent software update that gives some odd club readings. Ball data should be ok still with clean reads.

Most camera based monitors like solid white golf balls. Was the Uneekor in front of the hitting area? (Eye XO). Also, don't take too much into any club data from Uneekor. I heard they've had a recent software update that gives some odd club readings. Ball data should be ok still with clean reads.
It is. I was getting multiple 888 back & 222 right ball spin numbers, some 200 and mid hundred ones as well.
Meant hitting more to get a good number set. Haven't had time to scrub numbers but the Ventus is a really good shaft, love to know how it stacks up against its more expensive bigger brother.

OK, data dump time from my simulator session last Wednesday. All using the same ball from the weekend round (TM Tour Response Stripe). Launch monitor was a Uneekor Overhead. Both drivers set to the same UC setting, C723 is 10.5* loft, C721 is 9.5* loft. Wasn't able to finish the shots for the C721 with the TPT 15 Lo shaft as I ran out of time and monitor would not pick up the ball correctly.

C723 with Ventus shaft
CarryTotalSide DistSmash FactorClub SpeedBall SpeedBack SpinSide SpinLaunch AngleSide AngleDecent AngleApex
yardyardyardmphmphrpmrpmfeet
Average279.3294.9L 40.01.38113.5156.63132L 99017.2°L 2.4°42.3°133.2
Max301.7319.9L 17.01.36115.9157.62361L 20116.5°L 1.0°39.3°128.6

C721 with Ventus shaft
CarryTotalSide DistSmash FactorClub SpeedBall SpeedBack SpinSide SpinLaunch AngleSide AngleDecent AngleApex
Average286.2304.3L 4.51.43108.6155.42428L 1117.8°L 0.3°39.9°132.0
Max314.5335.0R 1.81.43110.5158.02013R 4420.2°L 0.3°42.5°157.3

C723 with Smoke Black RDX 6.5
Average281.0297.2L 5.91.33115.8153.62976L 1419.1°L 0.6°44.4°150.2
Max304.7324.3L 2.61.37113.5155.12156R 4921.4°L 1.0°44.5°165.9

C721 with Smoke Black RDX 6.5
Average279.7296.5R 3.81.30120.0154.22726L 18317.4°R 1.0°40.4°128.8
Max306.0325.6R 10.91.38112.9156.12159L 11519.7°R 3.2°42.4°151.4

C723 with TPT 15 Lo (44.5")
Average269.3285.0R 1.71.34113.6151.22922R 11018.1°L 0.2°41.6°138.3
Max282.8305.9L 42.61.37108.9149.01271L 78820.4°R 1.4°36.0°116.4

Decided to try the LinQ White on the course today with the C723 because internet golfer. Even though it feels like there's some juice in that shaft, the bad dispersion I saw on the sim carried over to the course. That being said I used allll the face and still haven't had a penalty or had a ball that didn't have an approach shot, and still ended up with 3/5 FIR today.

Back to the Smoke Blue I go. Any suggestions for what I should try next based on that shaft still being the best for me so far?

I'm thinking about putting my UST Elements Chrome in the E723 for the next time out, and saving the HZRDUS Smoke Blue for later. If I ever get my net put back up I'll run all three shafts (Ventus Blue is in it now) head to head on the personal launch monitor.

Decided to try the LinQ White on the course today with the C723 because internet golfer. Even though it feels like there's some juice in that shaft, the bad dispersion I saw on the sim carried over to the course. That being said I used allll the face and still haven't had a penalty or had a ball that didn't have an approach shot, and still ended up with 3/5 FIR today.

Back to the Smoke Blue I go. Any suggestions for what I should try next based on that shaft still being the best for me so far?
The Project X Smoke Blue RDX shaft has an EI curve with a very pronounced soft middle. It is also counter balanced.

Any shaft with a stiff butt, soft mid, stiff tip bend profile might feel similar and are fairly common as they are a design that works well for a lot of people.

A couple of older Project X shafts that have a similar bend profile are the Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow and their Loading Zone shafts. The Graphite Design Tour AD VR might also be similar. The newer Ventus TR Blue would probably be a good match too.

Twenty rounds of golf in so far with the Tour Edge C723 driver.

The C723 is proving to be very dependable.

After a few hundred shots on the course with it I’ve learned a few things:

The driver is very forgiving and unless I make a truly horrendous swing the result is usually very playable. Very few penalties off the tee.

When I put a good swing on it the C723 is as long as any driver I’ve ever had.

My driving stats have improved since putting it into play.

The deep face makes the driver very difficult to hit up near the crown. Those of you prone to making sky marks this maybe a driver for you.

The driver is durable and it looks brand new after 20 rounds and many practice sessions.

My only pet peeve is that the rear sliding weight channel picks up grass that requires removal with a tee or brush.

Overall, I really like the Tour Edge C723 Driver and it is staying in the bag.

Ok, C723 gets another bite at golf today. 9 holes booked for this afternoon, I will have 6 holes where I can use driver, if wind is helping I may have to drop that number. Biggest hole I'll be worried about is the 7th where it's water left the entire hole and I've been struggling with pull hooks (setup issue, not the driver).

Will also do another quick bucket of balls with my ESB1, setting changes today are moving the weights, 15gm front to try to bring the launch down some.

Due to the generosity of THP and Tour Edge - being the lucky winner of the March Madness Contest - I will soon be apart of the Tour Edge Exotic crew. I was super tempted to go with the highly customizable C723 but really need a fairway finder at this point in my golf journey and opted for the E723 and the Tensei AV Blue 65 w/ Xlink stiff shaft. I have ~105 mph swing and my most frequent misses are a straight push or hook.

My current driver, the 2016 Taylormade M2, is 7 years old now so I'm thinking it's possible I gain some distance and accuracy. I am not sure what time frame I'll be receiving it but I am looking forward to getting it in the bag and sharing my thoughts.

Due to the generosity of THP and Tour Edge - being the lucky winner of the March Madness Contest - I will soon be apart of the Tour Edge Exotic crew. I was super tempted to go with the highly customizable C723 but really need a fairway finder at this point in my golf journey and opted for the E723 and the Tensei AV Blue 65 w/ Xlink stiff shaft. I have ~105 mph swing and my most frequent misses are a straight push or hook.

My current driver, the 2016 Taylormade M2, is 7 years old now so I'm thinking it's possible I gain some distance and accuracy. I am not sure what time frame I'll be receiving it but I am looking forward to getting it in the bag and sharing my thoughts.

I think you're going to love the driver. It just feels explosive and has proven to be a very forgiving option.

Ok, finally found some time to update the thread with yesterday's performance.

This is an absolute beast of a range driver, long and forgiving.

Unfortunately I cannot translate that to the course right now. Used it 5 times and only found fairway once (longest drive with water all left and my miss had been predominantly a pull/hook).

Basic stats tracking until my ShotScope arrives but here goes:

Hole 2: 339yds
Caught ball inside for a gentle fade, didn't swing hard, distance approx 269yds leaving 76 in, 2 putt par.
Hole3: 576yds
Bad swing, high slice to long rough right side, approx 285 off the tee, 3 hybrid and chip to 6ft for par.
Hole 5: 401yds
Another bad swing, pulled far left into the scrub but long enough to leave a tough pitching wedge in front. 145ish. 2 chips and a putt for bogey.
Hole 7: 378yds
Best swing and drive of the day, tracked to 310yds, middle of the fairway. Proceeded to chip multiple times and putt for double 🤯
Hole 9: 485yds
Decent swing, left it to far right and found right side rough leaving approx 188 into the green.

If I can figure out why I cannot get a consistent swing on the course, this driver is going to put me in really good position.

Another outing with the E723 today, this time with the UST Elements Chrome shaft. Not the latest-greatest shaft out there, but a very good shaft that worked really well for me in my original TEE EXS driver. The Elements Chrome shaft is super smooth, it is a counter-balanced shaft, which is something I seem to really get along with, and my contact was much more consistently around the center of the face. The course is still on the wet side, and the fairways are being mowed a bit on the long side, so like last week's round I wasn't getting much rollout, if any. Drives were mostly straight, a couple of slight fades, and one dead pull that went really long. Driving distance was 210 - 225, except for that one pull that went 240. Hit five of nine fairways, two of the misses were just off the fairway, and the other two were further offline, but still in play.

The distance I'm getting may not sound like much to some, but for me it is pretty good, seeing that its close to being all carry. Once our courses start drying out, and I start seeing some normal rollout, distances are likely to be a bit longer than what I was seeing with my previous driver. The only negative with the E723 so far, which I have mentioned before, is that it is a bit loud. Not enough to be a big issue for me, so I'm pretty sure this one is a keeper, and it is very unlikely the Ping G425 LST will make it back in the bag.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of photos of the E723 with the Elements Chrome shaft:

E723_ElementsChrome_02.jpg E723_ElementsChrome_01.jpg

Played last night and hit 4/5 fairways with the C723 back with the Smoke Blue shaft. Wasn't exactly finding the center of the face either. This driver continues to impress.

Here's a comparison to my LTDx LS I gamed last year via Shot Scope. 15% increase in FIRs is nothing to scoff at and based on SkyTrak the playing average will continue to creep up as the course conditions keep improving.

1681302221734.png

Played last night and hit 4/5 fairways with the C723 back with the Smoke Blue shaft. Wasn't exactly finding the center of the face either. This driver continues to impress.

Here's a comparison to my LTDx LS I gamed last year via Shot Scope. 15% increase in FIRs is nothing to scoff at and based on SkyTrak the playing average will continue to creep up as the course conditions keep improving.

View attachment 9170859
This is great info.

View attachment 9170859
That's what I saw with the E722 vs the LTDx... Cobra was better on flat out distance, but I hit the fairway more with the E722 and it wasn't close

Awesome comparison

ShotScope H4 has arrived, currently configuring etc and setting up tags. Not sure when next round will be. Will try this weekend but definitely 2 & 1/2 rounds next week guaranteed.

Looked at my last sim session & it's leaving me in a pickle on what shaft combo is best. TPT is out for now.

Mid 70s here and pretty crispy conditions so saw some more distance with the C723 tonight. 3/5 FIRs, 291 yard P-avg, and 2.12 SG vs 0 hcp. Have rounds scheduled for tomorrow and Saturday and can't wait to get it back out there.

Mid 70s here and pretty crispy conditions so saw some more distance with the C723 tonight. 3/5 FIRs, 291 yard P-avg, and 2.12 SG vs 0 hcp. Have rounds scheduled for tomorrow and Saturday and can't wait to get it back out there.
Sounds like you have a shaft, setting & weight setup that you are really liking, awesome feedback.

Back