Tour Edge Exotics C723 and E723 Drivers

4/8 FWs today and 288 average distance. Almost had my first penalty due to a big double cross, but found it and hacked it out so we're still good 🙂

Shot Scope update: 723 line is in the database, at least from the drivers but I'm also thinking to the future for the next equipment drop.

Shot Scope update: 723 line is in the database, at least from the drivers but I'm also thinking to the future for the next equipment drop.
To get new equipment added, just email Shot Scope support 😉

Played 45 holes (so far) this weekend and weekend stats with the C723 are 37% FWs, 303 playing average, 287 average

Looks like I'll be getting another round in with the E723 today, and at a more driver friendly course this time. It's going to be cold, and maybe windy, but we have more wet weather coming in tonight, and for the next couple of days, so thought I'd get out while I can.

Cold and windy, put some pretty bad swings on the ball, but honestly, not a bad day with the E723 driver. Adjustability and forgiveness are still by far where this driver stands out, but I'm also getting better distance than what I was seeing with my G425 LST. A good example was the first tee, with the wind but uphill, pulled a bit left missing the fairway, and still went 240 with very little roll (uphill in the rough). Unless I completely mishit the ball, which I did a couple of times, the E723 definitely does it's part, and I'm really liking the shaft change I made, going with the old UST Elements Chrome.

Cold and windy, put some pretty bad swings on the ball, but honestly, not a bad day with the E723 driver. Adjustability and forgiveness are still by far where this driver stands out, but I'm also getting better distance than what I was seeing with my G425 LST. A good example was the first tee, with the wind but uphill, pulled a bit left missing the fairway, and still went 240 with very little roll (uphill in the rough). Unless I completely mishit the ball, which I did a couple of times, the E723 definitely does it's part, and I'm really liking the shaft change I made, going with the old UST Elements Chrome.

How’s your ball flight compared to your previous driver @OldeDude?

Granted, I tested a 9 degree head, but definitely flatter for me than some others I’ve tried recently.

How’s your ball flight compared to your previous driver @OldeDude?

Granted, I tested a 9 degree head, but definitely flatter for me than some others I’ve tried recently.
Ball flight is a little higher than the G425 LST, likely due to a bit more spin, but I'm normally a low / low-mid hitter anyway, so ball flight is still pretty flat and penetrating. That's one of the reasons I'm impressed with the distance I've been getting so far, as I usually rely on some good rollout with that lower ball flight, and the conditions I've been playing in just haven't been allowing for much if any roll. I'd say ball flight may have gone from low / low-mid to low-mid / mid, which I'm guessing is due to some added spin and to more ball speed on less than perfect hits, giving me more carry.

Ball flight is a little higher than the G425 LST, likely due to a bit more spin, but I'm normally a low / low-mid hitter anyway, so ball flight is still pretty flat and penetrating. That's one of the reasons I'm impressed with the distance I've been getting so far, as I usually rely on some good rollout with that lower ball flight, and the conditions I've been playing in just haven't been allowing for much if any roll. I'd say ball flight may have gone from low / low-mid to low-mid / mid, which I'm guessing is due to some added spin and to more ball speed on less than perfect hits, giving me more carry.

That all makes sense to me. Appreciate your feedback - all of the TEEm’s for that matter.

Bad swing night with the driver and broke my penalty-less streak. Was surprised how far a couple went based on how I swung/hit them

27 holes planned for next 2 days, tomorrow will be at my regular course, same adapter setting but switched weights front to back (15gm front now).
Once I hit the last setting we'll, I want to bring that launch down a little if possible through lower spin.
18 on Friday will be an absolute experiment, no equipment changes but playing a course that is long, forced carry's or layups.

9 holes yesterday turned into 18 as the weather we had meant huge cancelations of tee times and the course was wide open.
Also meant I got to try out my shot scope for tracking.
Again, cold swings, no warm ups and first drive was a long and straight but into the rough leaving a 105ish into the green. Second, exactly the same result.
Third drive was a dream, into a hurting wind for middle of the fairway and 262 yards leaving another long wedge into the green. Par 5 was right unto the teeth, not a good swing and the wind took it and turned it into a slice to the right side rough and 240 yards. 4th drive was a lazy poor swing that pulled into the next fairway but almost 300 yards with help. My favorite hole now is the next par 5 where the wind and a good swing meant 353 off the tee (shot scope distance) leaving 130ish downwind to setup eagle putt.
Also with no one on the course I finished in 1 hour 53min.
Another 18 today!

As I get more tee time use with this driver, I get more and more comfortable with it.
Yesterday's round was another discovery round, I'm struggling with setup but when I do get it right, I find that an easy swing gets great results.
Best drive of the day was 323 (wind assisted) to setup a look at eagle. This is an easy club if I take care with setup and not trying to swing out of my shoes.

wanting to try the E723. Have read some good things about. Has anyone tried the Ping G430 or Callaway (core) Paradym X or either to give a comparison. The E733 is on my radar

wanting to try the E723. Have read some good things about. Has anyone tried the Ping G430 or Callaway (core) Paradym X or either to give a comparison. The E733 is on my radar
I haven't tried any of those, but I'm getting better results from the E723 than my G425 LST.

I'm going to start putting my review comments on the E723 driver in the E723 Driver Review thread, so you will be able to follow along here: Tour Edge Exotics E723 Driver Review

After a poor round across the board over the weekend I felt back to normal with the C723 tonight. Hit 4/6 FWs. One miss was a pull but playable, and the other was more or less where I wanted but the wind didn't take it like I expected. Living on the toe like my irons at the moment but doesn't seem to be costing me much.

Apart from 1 goofy fly ball that disappeared and one long drive downwind that I think drunk idiots picked, man this driver worked well again.
Forgiving, straight, long.
Another round tomorrow planned, course that will be a good test for it and me.

Apart from 1 goofy fly ball that disappeared and one long drive downwind that I think drunk idiots picked, man this driver worked well again.
Forgiving, straight, long.
Another round tomorrow planned, course that will be a good test for it and me.
How is the ball flight vs what you were playing previously?

After over 30 rounds with the C723 driver it was bound to happen. Had just a terrible round and several penalties off the tee. Everything seemed out of sorts yesterday, not just driver.

My Stack system training has definitely given me more speed and distance, but yesterday I felt like I just had no control. One shot would be brilliant, exactly where and how I intended, the next just god awful.

Hoping it is a function of the fact that I didn’t golf much this week because of a few rain out days and then taking four days off to go fishing while my brother was here. Seemed like when I came back to the course that I had very poor awareness of where the clubhead was in my swing which led to poor club face awareness and also not much sense of where the low point of my swing was.

In general though I’ve been in a bit of a funk this year. Handicap index has crept up to 6.3 now from 3.2 last July. Getting more Double Bogeys than I’m used to and it is disheartening.

Saw some progress a few weeks ago and then lost it again. Golf is a very humbling game.

On the bright side, picked up off of EBay a used Tour Edge EXS Ti-Utility iron. 25 Degree 5 utility. I have the same club in the 22 degree 4 utility and have really enjoyed it as my 15th club. Was wanting to try the five for a while now to see if it would gap better with my other clubs. Was the only bidder, got it for a steal, just $19.99. Payed almost as much for the shipping as I did for the club.

C723 was arguably the best club in the bag yesterday. Early in the round I couldn't buy a putt and had some unlucky approaches, but a really good drive on 6 allowed me to have a good look at birdie on a par 5 and kept me in the round.

How is the ball flight vs what you were playing previously?
Much higher, this driver & ventus shaft launches but its not giving up distance, especially in the wind. It won't save a terrible swing but good swings are rewarded.

A little observation on the C723: when I first got it and through the first month or so, I was hitting it between center and high toe. On course, my miss tended to be a drop kick that went straight and still got out there. Last couple weeks my miss has shifted a little low, and it seems like I lose a little more distance on that miss than other drivers I've tried. Accuracy forgiveness is still excellent on those misses , but think I need to give a little intention to unlock that high/high toe strike again.

Back