Tour Edge Exotics C723 and E723 Drivers

A little observation on the C723: when I first got it and through the first month or so, I was hitting it between center and high toe. On course, my miss tended to be a drop kick that went straight and still got out there. Last couple weeks my miss has shifted a little low, and it seems like I lose a little more distance on that miss than other drivers I've tried. Accuracy forgiveness is still excellent on those misses , but think I need to give a little intention to unlock that high/high toe strike again.
I feel my better drives are in a similar place, middle towards the toe. I'm finding I have to focus on my setup, ball position on the face and give a smooth swing and this thing launches.

@willplaysgolf was kind enough to send me his Paderson Kinetixx Velocity KVMT60-D30+ shaft to try out in the C723 8 degree driver that I’ve been playing and reviewing. This is the first Kinetixx shaft I’ve tried.

Put on a grip and I discovered that the outside diameter of this shaft is much larger than others because I split the first SuperStroke Traxion wrap midsize grip I put on it.

Put it into play yesterday for some range time and 18 holes of golf.

I found that the performance was good. Had more left bias than the MCA Tensei Raw AV Blue 60 S that I’ve been playing. Easier to turn over. Adjusted the rear sliding weight to the maximum fade setting and things straightened out. Will give it another go today and try to confirm a few things.

Tried the Kinettixx Velocity shaft again today with the C723 8 degree head with better results. It is good. A couple of drives were monsters. But there were also a couple of very weird misses. The shaft profile is definitely different than anything I’ve tried before.

Going to play tomorrow with the Tensei Raw Blue and see if I can better gauge the differences.

I’m both impressed and a bit confused.

@willplaysgolf was kind enough to send me his Paderson Kinetixx Velocity KVMT60-D30+ shaft to try out in the C723 8 degree driver that I’ve been playing and reviewing. This is the first Kinetixx shaft I’ve tried.

Put on a grip and I discovered that the outside diameter of this shaft is much larger than others because I split the first SuperStroke Traxion wrap midsize grip I put on it.

Put it into play yesterday for some range time and 18 holes of golf.

I found that the performance was good. Had more left bias than the MCA Tensei Raw AV Blue 60 S that I’ve been playing. Easier to turn over. Adjusted the rear sliding weight to the maximum fade setting and things straightened out. Will give it another go today and try to confirm a few things.
Going left could be an indicator that the shaft was too stiff vs any EI traits.

Going left could be an indicator that the shaft was too stiff vs any EI traits.
Thanks for your input @JB.

Yesterday it was more of a high hook than a pull or a low dipper. The ball just wanted to turnover. Moving the rear weight to the maximum fade setting tamed it down nicely.

Adjusting my start line a bit right today and I was getting much better results.

I think the D30+ is the right stiffness for me based on what I’m feeling and the results I’m seeing on the course.

There is no doubt that the Kinettixx Velocity shaft is very different than anything I’ve used before which may just mean that I’m going through a normal adjustment period with it.

Combine that with the Stack System training that I’ve been doing and everything was going further. Irons were going higher and a 1/2 club longer with more spin too.

Thanks for your input @JB.

Yesterday it was more of a high hook than a pull or a low dipper. The ball just wanted to turnover. Moving the rear weight to the maximum fade setting tamed it down nicely.

Adjusting my start line a bit right today and I was getting much better results.

I think the D30+ is the right stiffness for me based on what I’m feeling and the results I’m seeing on the course.

There is no doubt that the Kinettixx Velocity shaft is very different than anything I’ve used before which may just mean that I’m going through a normal adjustment period with it.

Combine that with the Stack System training that I’ve been doing and everything was going further. Irons were going higher and a 1/2 club longer with more spin too.

High hook can still be from shaft stiffness. The EI doesn’t bring lefts. But oh well, enjoy it.

I have really enjoyed playing with the C723 driver.

One thing I’ve been on the fence about is the sound. It has a slight metallic “ting” to it which is different than the sound of the Cobra LTDx LS driver that I had been playing previously.

Decided this morning to try something that I’ve never done before. I used my recently purchased hot melt kit to add a couple grams of hot melt to the head. Removed the front screw in weight and injected the hot melt into the head through the screw hole.

Took it to the course this afternoon and warmed up on the range alternating between the Kinettixx Velocity shaft and the Tensei AV Blue shaft.

Played 18 holes with the Tensei AV Blue shaft. Was absolutely striping the ball today off the tee.

Came to two conclusions:

1. The Tensei AV Blue shaft is a better fit for me.

2. The hot melt definitely tones down the “ting”. Didn’t remove it completely, but it sound’s better to me now.

Also put some hot melt into two other Tour Edge drivers that I have. An XCG7 and an XCG7 Beta.

Thinking about doing an XCG7 vs C723 test. The 2013 model vs. the 2023 version.

Who wants to see a head to head match up?

This round was a bust for any stats, my H4 & me using it meant unclear tracking.

I did hit some really great shots with this driver tho, put a couple very average swings which were punished as well.

Overall I am very happy with this driver, I'd really like to get the weight kit and start experiments with heavier and lighter outside of the stock 5/15gm weights that came with it.

Played 9 holes and a 2 person scramble over the weekend. Wasn’t hitting driver the best but still kept it in play. Hopped on the SkyTrak tonight and still hitting it lower on the face than I had been previously so I’m also hitting some balls with more spin than I had been. Ball speed is still there, so if I can get the strike cleaned up a bit I think I can get more out of it still.

Hopped on the SkyTrak yesterday with a "back to basics” swing thought and was seeing spin and distance back where I’m used to tonight. Hit 2/5 FWs but all the misses were in great spots

Had a few bad tee shots today, but lots of great ones too, made 6 birdies to get some strokes back. 35 front. 38 back. 2 birdies & 1 bogey on the front, 3 doubles on the back and 4 birdies, the rest pars.

Love the C723 driver even more after putting a little hot melt in the head. Have always liked the feel, now the sound matches up better with the feel.

Had a few bad tee shots today, but lots of great ones too, made 6 birdies to get some strokes back. 35 front. 38 back. 2 birdies & 1 bogey on the front, 3 doubles on the back and 4 birdies, the rest pars.

Love the C723 driver even more after putting a little hot melt in the head. Have always liked the feel, now the sound matches up better with the feel.
Any performance difference with the hot melt installed? Did you only do the one port or more?

Any performance difference with the hot melt installed? Did you only do the one port or more?
Just put 2 grams of hot melt in the front screw in weight port. Can’t really tell if there is any performance benefits beside the sound and feel.

Been hitting the driver well. Any recent performance gains I would attribute to the Stack System swing speed training I started a few weeks ago. Definitely hitting the ball further because of it.

Can anyone who went from c722 to c723 give their thoughts on comparison? Seeing the 22’s are steeply discounted currently I’m torn on if I want to spend the extra ?
Ridgeback 360 seems like a big improvement based on this review of the 23..

Took a break from the C723 to play a couple rounds with the AeroJet LS. C723 is still the gamer. Hit a couple that seemed farther with the LS, but the C723 is much easier to turn over which is my preferred ball flight.

Took a break from the C723 to play a couple rounds with the AeroJet LS. C723 is still the gamer. Hit a couple that seemed farther with the LS, but the C723 is much easier to turn over which is my preferred ball flight.
Saw the same thing vs. the Cobra LTDx LS. The Cobra is long. Also definitely more fade biased, even with the heavier weight in the heel than the C723. I really liked the Cobra, but without a doubt if you strayed from the center of the face the misses were more punishing than with the C723.

The last couple of drivers that I’ve had were really good for me. Both the Ping G410 LST and the Cobra LTDx LS are outstanding. So for the C723 to now be cementing a place in my bag as my gamer is really saying something.

Played with one of my friends today that I haven’t seen for awhile but I’ve played a lot of golf with him over the last 20 or so years. He made a comment today about how well I was driving the ball without knowing that I had a new driver. It further reinforced how good the C723 is. The more I play with it the more I like it.

Well I might as well join the fun here with some numbers I was able to get today...

I will say I think the E723 sounds better than the E722. They're both loud, but the E723 sounds a little more solid.

Took 10-12 swings with each club...kept the 7 "best.". Best defines by my eye test of straightest and longest. It was 10 swings on most here...12 with the E722 Velocity combo as I just wasn't getting along with it and really wanted to like that combo.

Clubball speed carry
(Yards)
total
(Yards)
spinlaunchoffline (yards) peak height (yards)
PXG 0211150240260270010°2726
9° E723
Neutral back weight
Tensei Blue shaft
152248268270011°1629
9.5° E722
Velocity shaft
148234249350010°3128
9.5° E722
Tensei Blue shaft
152247267310012°1233
9° E723
Velocity shaft
Neutral back weight
152247269250010°1225
10° E723
Tensei Blue
Extreme Fade back weight
154256277270012°1134

I think the Tensei Blue shaft is a pretty good fit for me 🤷‍♂️. I did like the Velocity in the E723 a little but I wasn't a fan of the ball flight pretty low and had a strong draw, but was a controlled draw, not a snap hook.

I did have a few ball speeds up above 155... peaking at 157 mph. The one thing that puts a little fear in my head with the 10° E723 is closing the face a little as I play a draw and can overcook it sometimes. Don't really want the club set up to "help" that at all. The fade setting really helped keep the ball pretty straight.

I'm not sure I'm sold on the E723 being a ton better for me than the E722. I just have a comfort level with the E722 that I don't have (yet) with the E723.

After the averages here I just started going back and forth between the two with the same Tensei shaft and and came away with a bigger question as to which one I'd take to the course. I was hitting the E722 straighter, but getting about 5 yards more carry with the E723. This test was done on a virtual hole and was fairly narrow with a pinch at 275. I was tired by this point so I never made it to that part of the fairway. I hit 4/5 fairways with the E722, 255y total distance and 2.5/5 with the E723, 260 total distance. (.5 because it was about 2y off the fairway, I wasn't disappointed in the shot, but it wasn't the fairway).

If I stick with the E723, I need a new grip. I dislike the Tour Edge stock grip

I've been tinkering with having the rear 15g weight on the C723 shifted over to draw instead of the fade setting. Feels like my worst miss will be a push and felt pretty good with it today. Hit 2/8 FWs today but most all of the misses were in good/intended spots. Missed more left than right but I liked the feeling of not having to work hard to make sure the club doesn't turn over.

Haven't had my best swing the last few rounds but yesterday afternoon I had the C723 really working and the swing felt really freed up. Played Lawsonia Links and there are a bunch of holes where if you clear the hazards the ball will run forever. Hit 7/11 FWs and had a 327 yard P-average and 304 average for the round.

I’ve played maybe 8 rounds with the 15g rear weight in the draw position. I really like the “auto draw” but a few are getting away more than I’d like to left. I’m missing the fairway left about 3x the right misses and I’d like to see that down a bit. Played with the weight in neutral today and liked what I saw, so going to give it an extended try.

This driver continues to make me smile, put some really good drives with it today when I pulled.
So easy to hit, forgiveness is amazing. Poor swings are not punished as bad as the older C721 I have.
Great distance as well. Won my 2nd round match for men's club today with its help.

Just bought the C723 in a 10.5 with Tensi Blue Stiff, I have a Ventus Blue and a Ventus Red here at the house along with HZRDUS Black and I ordered a UST Mamiya Helium Black to try also. fun time coming up

Back