Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I received my hybrid today. I'm scrambling to get packed and get to sleep because I have an early morning flight so I'll just get a quick description for now. Pics and some play time will come on Tuesday.

I got the 20* and it came with a Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0 shaft. This is a shaft I spent a lot of time testing in drivers when it first came out. And in a driver, I was not a fan of it in 6.0. I had a little more success with the 6.5, but the profile itself felt a little soft. But considering I like to play a little softer profile un my fairway woods and hybrids, this could be a good fit. I love the all black crown, and how compact the head is. We're flying home late Monday night, so I'll be getting a round in with it on Tuesday before I go back to work on Wednesday. I'll probably be taking my 5w out of the bag to make room for this hybrid.

More to come next week...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
075849c02cda2f7c090e88da36e2312b.jpg
1e88f9e2a95f92968b1ceece9621c268.jpg
8e56d457ddb0ac291165a45d55786b69.jpg
fac66a12765445beeffce06d9f5bc4b2.jpg

After a bit more practice I can definitely put this 20* hybrid in play and get my XR Steelhead Heavenwood and my Titleist 818 H2 17* hybrid out of my bag so I am going to do that. I am going to temporarily give the CBX 119 3 wood a spot in the bag too. I have a few competitive rounds and some buddies rounds over the next couple weeks and I want to give it another chance. I honestly will only need it from deep on par 5's so this is not a big risk. The hybrid goes plenty long enough to be a safety valve off the tee. I can already tell it is going to be a really useful club and one of my go-to's in tight spots. Ditching 2 clubs for one allows me to bring my JPX 919 4 iron back into the bag as well which improves my gapping. Now I am thinking 3 wood long fairway club, hybrid long rough club and fairway finder since I am not afraid of hooking this one. My distances look like:

205ish TE CBX 119 3 wood
190ish TE CBX 20* Hybrid
170ish JPX 919 4 iron
160ish JPX 919 5 iron

150 and down is in great shape for me and this puts me in a better spot above that distance. Excited to report how this goes.

I'm really looking forward to trying this hybrid out on the course. I think I'll be playing Oak Quarry Tuesday afternoon... should be a great test for it.

My trusty 5w will be removed from the bag to make room. I play my 915f at 19 1/2*, so distance wise it shouldn't be a huge difference. If I can see 240 carry out of it, I'd be happy. And if it doesn't hook off the planet like almost every other hybrid does for me, I'd be very happy.

Bump up.....havnt had the chance to give this a go yet.....possibly tomorrow or Wednesday. If not it will be the following week

Bump up.....havnt had the chance to give this a go yet.....possibly tomorrow or Wednesday. If not it will be the following week
I'm playing tomorrow afternoon. This should be a fun test as the course I'm playing I'll usually hit my 5w (which the cbx hybrid is replacing) about a half dozen times off the tee.

My first round is in the books with the 20* CBX119 hybrid, and I'm impressed. Again, like the fairway wood I tested, I wish the shaft was a little stiffer. But overall, I hit it very well just taking a smooth but deliberate swing. I hit it 6 times in total, 4 from the teebox. The longest grass shot came on a 590yd par 5. I hit driver off the tee and had 255 to the front of the green. I came up about 3' short of the green. Off the tee, I hit one that measured 263yds with the cart GPS. It's long, it feels smooth, and it looks fantastic.

My first round is in the books with the 20* CBX119 hybrid, and I'm impressed. Again, like the fairway wood I tested, I wish the shaft was a little stiffer. But overall, I hit it very well just taking a smooth but deliberate swing. I hit it 6 times in total, 4 from the teebox. The longest grass shot came on a 590yd par 5. I hit driver off the tee and had 255 to the front of the green. I came up about 3' short of the green. Off the tee, I hit one that measured 263yds with the cart GPS. It's long, it feels smooth, and it looks fantastic.

Good info. It’s such a low spin monster for distance.

Good info. It’s such a low spin monster for distance.
It is for sure. I was surprised at 2 things.. the distance and the ball flight. It's not so low spinning that can't get it in the air. It just penetrates and keeps flying. And the ballflight... dead straight every shot. For me, hybrids go left. End of story. This cbx119 went dead straight every time I hit it.

Future plan is to take this and my 5w in to my practice facility and put them head to head on the launch monitor. I'm curious to see just what the data shows.

Last edited:
Got some holes in Sunday and yesterday and will have my league match on Thursday with the 20* hybrid. This one is performing really well for me. I get just about what I expect from it regularly. I am hitting it about 170 or so in the air with maybe 10-15 yards of rollout, although I have hit a couple that were over 200. Sunday I had a flat fairly open shot from 195 and hit a real nice high ball with a slight draw that landed about 5 yards in front of the green and rolled up to the middle of the green for a 15'20' putt. Anyway I really like this with the EvenFlow Blue and I am enjoying playing this club. The only thing I don't like (personal preference for sure) is the Tour Velvet grip. These are just too thin and I hate not having visual reference for myself. This weekend I am putting my trusty New Decade MCC +4 on this and the 3 wood. I am cut the 3 wood down a bit too.

Unfortunately im still not playing this weekend......but I am caddying for a friend of mine in a two day tournament so I plan to bring this club and hit it on the range while everyone is warming up. Cant wait

Off the tee, I hit one that measured 263yds with the cart GPS. It's long, it feels smooth, and it looks fantastic.

Dude that's longer than a really good driver for me.........

Dude that's longer than a really good driver for me.........
The couple swings I took yesterday afternoon on a GC2 with it showed ball speed at 158. It's fast man.

Last edited:
The couple swings I took yesterday afternoon on a GC2 with it showed ball speed at 158. It's fast man.

I would say so. Cant wait to hit it

I will be taking the wife out for a couple's night tomorrow and will finally get the hybrid on the course.

Last edited:
I played a CDGA country club day at bull valley country club Monday. The fairways were tight and firm. Hit the 19° hybrid very well off the Tee twice. One went 295 and the other 240. Very accurate. Would be nice to get roll like that all the time. Lol.
Here’s a pic I took.
805cd6f5f71c0708d15d0d89f14bcf61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got out for the first time with CBX 119 hybrid and my swing was really bad so I won't even review it Yet.

I played a CDGA country club day at bull valley country club Monday. The fairways were tight and firm. Hit the 19° hybrid very well off the Tee twice. One went 295 and the other 240. Very accurate. Would be nice to get roll like that all the time. Lol.
Here’s a pic I took.
805cd6f5f71c0708d15d0d89f14bcf61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love that course... But it's tough! I'll be playing there more often soon enough I think. So that'll be fun.

Played the hybrid for the first time today...a 19*. Evenflow X flex shaft. Hit it a few times off of the tee and a few times out of the rough. Really liked the deep face. Gave me some confidence outta the deep stuff. Need to give it some more swings, but I think it could kick my G400 crossover out of the bag... Quickly.
0de0da1660674138ae4d251e7e9c4a97.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have been in a hybrid jam in the past couple years and have been looking forward to trying this out. I’m caddying for a friend of mine, but I went to the corner of the range and hit about 10 balls.

So far the feel in my hands is great, and the aesthetics is very eye appealing to me. I know it has similarities to the CBX 3W, but this just looks and feels better in my hands than the 3W did. Not sure why, but as some of you know when it clicks it clicks.

I really like the feel, it feels like I don’t have to get after it to get it out there. I like the Evenflow shaft too.

I really like the hybrid so far. With rain and Fathjer's Day festivities I did not get to play a round this weekend, but Thursday in my league match I hit a really nice punch shot from behind some trees and I rolled up onto a green from about 190 out so 2 good solid contacts with the club. A few notes: The EvenFLow Blue is a really good hybrid shaft, this club just has a great heft and feel to it in hand. The face being so big inspires confidence and I love that there is no offset as this does not make me want to set up with a closed face. I have noticed that a more sweeping fairway wood like swing will generate a low shot with a lot of rollout while a more aggressive into the ground iron swing really produces a nice high ball flight with more stopping power. I even used this to chip a few times around my home course. Great club so far and it is in my bag.

Sledgehammer.....that's the word I was trying to think of when I was making my previous post. When one puts a good swing on it, it goes like a rope. I had my partner hit it while he was warming up and he liked it also. A little high for him, but it made him go "hhmmm, wow" after 4 balls.

Its looking like things are going to slow down a bit for me so I can get some time in with it. More to come

Weather has been crap around here. I played about 5 holes Monday night and used the hybrid one time. I was around 220ish away for my second on a par 5 (I don't measure these shots) with a bunker front right side and the pin in the back left. I just wanted to be short of the bunker. I hit a nice smooth shot that rolled up about 10 yards or so in front of the bunker (roughly 190 yards total) for an easy chip over the bunker with about 25 yards of green between the bunker and the pin. Good shot and this hole closes up on the left as it gets closer to the green so the fact that I was confident enough to not fear hooking this club says a lot about this hybrid.

So I hit a par 5 in two last night that I have never got there before.

To say im liking this hybrid is an understatement.......it just clicks for me. The weight is great, the looks of it at address is great, the feel is great, the ball flight is great.

I was in a dilemma in this spot in my bag and I hope I just solidified it with the CBX 119 2

So I hit a par 5 in two last night that I have never got there before.

To say im liking this hybrid is an understatement.......it just clicks for me. The weight is great, the looks of it at address is great, the feel is great, the ball flight is great.

I was in a dilemma in this spot in my bag and I hope I just solidified it with the CBX 119 2

I really like this club too. How do you like the EvenFlow Black? I love it in my driver, but I got the Blue in the hybrid and I like it too. I think Project X hit a homerun for the average golfer with these shafts.

I really like this club too. How do you like the EvenFlow Black? I love it in my driver, but I got the Blue in the hybrid and I like it too. I think Project X hit a homerun for the average golfer with these shafts.

Well, about that. Prolly should take it to the Project X thread...but I havnt been a fan of the HZRDUS line at all so PX hasn't been high on my meter. So I was somewhat relieved when the hybrid showed up with the Evenflow as I havnt hit it yet. And I will say I do like it. I feel like I can feel the club more with the EvenFlow for sure and I like that. Now I havnt hit the blue to compare so I wouldn't know, but so far my biased opinion on the black I do like and as of right now do not plan to change it out.

Pay It Forward Opportunity:

For my CBX 119 15* 3 wood with a Project X HZRDUS Smoke 60g 6.0 flex shaft.

After trying a few more times with this shaft head combo I really just don't think it fits my moderate swing speed and very slow transition, but I was blessed to get to try it and I think in the right hands this could be a real weapon. If you would like to have a chance just reply to this post and tell me why you think the club would work for you. I will pick a name from the group whose swing profile most fits the club and send it to them. Albatross members only and free shipping.

Last edited:
Back