Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

The fact that ball speeds hang with Mavrik is all anyone needs to know imo. And based on having hybrid, fairway, and driver...I believe it’s the best of the three

Looking forward to your review of fairway. Plugged In was impressed by ball speed and its retention of ball speed and ease of use. Had me almost taking out the credit card...

My mind was totally made up to order the Mavrik Pro Hybrids then I found this thread. The pics and numbers won me over. Ordered a #3 hybrid off ebay today to test out. These look super impressive.

JMan
Any comparison thoughts on the EXS fairway vs the 220? In line with how you feel on the drivers? (You knew this was coming. Keep up the good work!)

@Jman - if I was a naturally high spin player and looking to bring spin down when comparing these two heads, would you suggest the Mavrik?

@Jman - if I was a naturally high spin player and looking to bring spin down when comparing these two heads, would you suggest the Mavrik?

First, I’d give you the golf equipment reviewer answer and say try to hit both if you can.

Then I’d tell you that I think with the PX option instead of the KBS I have, these would go toe to toe.

What a beauty this club is. Wasn't even on my radar until i found this thread. Most appealing hybrid to My eye I've ever held. Looks fairway woodish and I couldnt be happier.
fe883a07a530353ba00de68c57ba8dc4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What a beauty this club is. Wasn't even on my radar until i found this thread. Most appealing hybrid to My eye I've ever held. Looks fairway woodish and I couldnt be happier.

Definitely agree on the looks. I game their Xrail hybrids which are a little on the larger side. Hoping to get to hit the 220 hybo at some point.

fe883a07a530353ba00de68c57ba8dc4.jpg

Wait until you hit it.

I know @Jman has given the hybrid props.
Any slower swingers tried or adopted the 220 hybrid ?

I’ve had Tour Edge hybrids (Trilogy first and Xrails now) in the bag for probably the past 7-8 years. Definitely the longest tenure ever in my bag.

as Jman pointed out the 220 manages distance with a solid spin rate and descent angle for him. This is what I love best about the Xrails is I tend to stop my 4 and 5 hybrids on a green easier than my 6i at times.

hoping to try these out this summer.
how does the KBS shaft feel ? Boardy, some kick ? Easy to launch?

I’ve had Tour Edge hybrids (Trilogy first and Xrails now) in the bag for probably the past 7-8 years. Definitely the longest tenure ever in my bag.

as Jman pointed out the 220 manages distance with a solid spin rate and descent angle for him. This is what I love best about the Xrails is I tend to stop my 4 and 5 hybrids on a green easier than my 6i at times.

I only have experience in the sim in early February - only wish TE had buy a fairway, get a hybrid for $50.

I went into the sim with an R flex KBS stock shaft - club was easy to launch ball, distance was very, very long in carry in sim. My dispersion sucked in the winter and the swing is better now but haven't gone back because of shutdown. Only a few stock options, so I may try the KBS and see, but the probabiliity is like everything, I will go to another shaft if I get the club.

@Jman says the fairways are easy to launch. I've heard others in 2020 are not as easy and it's best to go up in loft. So I may go 15 deg in TEE if launch is that good - and it was in the sim in February.

Edit: They also need a few grip options - I'm tearing off that stock grip.

Last edited:
I only have experience in the sim in early February - only wish TE had buy a fairway, get a hybrid for $50.

I went into the sim with an R flex KBS stock shaft - club was easy to launch ball, distance was very, very long in carry in sim. My dispersion sucked in the winter and the swing is better now but haven't gone back because of shutdown. Only a few stock options, so I may try the KBS and see, but the probabiliity is like everything, I will go to another shaft if I get the club.

@Jman says the fairways are easy to launch. I've heard others in 2020 are not as easy and it's best to go up in loft. So I may go 15 deg in TEE if launch is that good - and it was in the sim in February.

Buy in a heartbeat! for the buy 3W get hybrid. I feel like more people would take a chance on these than driver.

My 220 Hybrid is coming in soon! Excited to give feedback on it. @Jman gave me the final push to cop it.

Buy in a heartbeat! for the buy 3W get hybrid. I feel like more people would take a chance on these than driver.
I hear ya. Me too.

But my guess is there is not enough margin to cover the costs with a buy a FW get a Hybo free. I’m guessing the cost to produce the driver and 3w are about the same. And the 3w is already $100 less than Driver off the bat.

I think you’re underestimating how well they’ve moved drivers in recent years.

It’s encouraging to hear info like this.

I usually go to the range multiple times per week as well as golf mostly as a single getting paired up with groups. the range I go to is a fitting center that carries TEE off and on and two local stores stock TEE gear. Other than a buddy of mine from DC who I met through THP he’s the only person I’ve ever seen with a Tour Edge club In their bag besides me. And when at the range or course I’m always peeking at everyone’s bag setup.

would love to see more TEE clubs in the wild.

once things pick up I’m excited to let people try my 220 driver.

My 220 Hybrid is coming in soon! Excited to give feedback on it. @Jman gave me the final push to cop it.

what loft, shaft and flex did you go with ?

Excellent to hear. Honestly before part of TEEm, I had never heard of the Company nor hit anything or even saw it in a playing partner or bag outside the clubhouse for that matter.

Guess we are setting up a round - You can hit Driver I can hit Hybrid! haha

Excellent to hear. Honestly before part of TEEm, I had never heard of the Company nor hit anything or even saw it in a playing partner or bag outside the clubhouse for that matter.

Guess we are setting up a round - You can hit Driver I can hit Hybrid! haha

That is perfect! I went with the HZRDUS Black in S. Super pumped, man.

That is perfect! I went with the HZRDUS Black in S. Super pumped, man.
if it doesnt work for you... its an easy sale! Excellent choice!

My driver hybrid and fairway should be in tomorrow but calling for work and rain tomorrow maybe Thursday

I went with the #2 17* with the HZRDUS Black Stiff Flex.

Big boy stick. I’m unsubscribing as I can’t relate ;)

keep us posted.

HZRDUS black is a beefy setup.

Ahh, I see. I think it is the right one for me with the faster tempo and swing speed. This is a trial and error as I have not hit the 220, nor tried this shaft. It will be fun!

Back