Tour Edge Exotics EXS Fairway Woods and Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great write-up JB. I really like the look of the Tour Edge Exotics woods and need to find a fitter (or golfer) who has them so I can try them out. The Tensei CK blue is what I’m currently playing in all my woods and is a great shaft!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting release JB. I wonder if an inconsistent high HC player like myself could notice a difference in performance between the titanium face models and this one. TEE fairways have always been well regarded, regardless.

Looks like they continued the implementation of carbon fiber on the toe region of the sole. Looks to add even more draw weighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I've been waiting for. Love my my current Exotics FW and these sound like they'll be even better.

Sorry if I missed it in the write up, but will they have a BETA release like the EX10?

Need crown pics! These are another on the must try list. A interchangeable sole plate on the hybrid? Interesting

Interesting release JB. I wonder if an inconsistent high HC player like myself could notice a difference in performance between the titanium face models and this one. TEE fairways have always been well regarded, regardless.

Looks like they continued the implementation of carbon fiber on the toe region of the sole. Looks to add even more draw weighting.

This is what kind of concerns me from a personal standpoint. The combination of what you mentioned and a weight in the heel but not the toe kind of scares me since my miss is left (usually via a pull hook) much more so than right. But I guess you never know until you try them!

These look like a very good compliment to the driver. Like that they continued the moveable weight to the FWs and hybrids. Really nice head shapes and color schemes. Looking forward to trying them!

This is what kind of concerns me from a personal standpoint. The combination of what you mentioned and a weight in the heel but not the toe kind of scares me since my miss is left (usually via a pull hook) much more so than right. But I guess you never know until you try them!

Yeah, I think TEE is catering to a specific demographic with this release. You may not fit into it, but I think either with this, the EX10 Beta or CBX you'll be just fine. I really look forward to your fitting - think it's going to be a blast for you

Yeah, I think TEE is catering to a specific demographic with this release. You may not fit into it, but I think either with this, the EX10 Beta or CBX you'll be just fine. I really look forward to your fitting - think it's going to be a blast for you

Thank you sir. I am really excited about it. I have been very smitten with everything I have seen about the CBX line of FWs and hybrids. The driver from this line is what I was really hoping to fall in love with.

Thank you sir. I am really excited about it. I have been very smitten with everything I have seen about the CBX line of FWs and hybrids. The driver from this line is what I was really hoping to fall in love with.

Don't forget the CBX line of irons. Guys were gushing over them last weekend and 2/3 sets got picked. The CBX Forged may be very good for you. Tons of great options

I don't see the hybrid pic in the article. Is this posted somewhere?

Don't forget the CBX line of irons. Guys were gushing over them last weekend and 2/3 sets got picked. The CBX Forged may be very good for you. Tons of great options

Oh, I haven't. Very intrigued with the iron-woods or possibly a combo of those and the forged. The CBX wedges look and sound sweet as well.

Thanks for sharing! It’s nice seeing Fairways under $300 and hybrids under $200

I don't see the hybrid pic in the article. Is this posted somewhere?

I've not seen them anywhere, other than a sole pic on another site.

Would love love love to see some address pics. If the hybo is compact, I'm interested.

Waiting on the EXS Beta (Ti) Fairways ... the EX10 Beta are working so well ... about to shaft up a 3 wd head - maybe I ought to save that GD AD F55 shaft.

From the press release
60e352dae92a87ad3ff0b98446e6ead0.png

Thanks for the information JB.

My EX9 Tour fairway does everything I ask of it, but these are definitely on my must hit list.

I think I finally found a replacement to my TEE ex9.... another TEE

Really want to hit this fairway. Bad.

I'm really looking forward to hearing more about these fairways and hybrids, including whether there will be a Beta Ti version of the fairway. I can't seem to settle on a hybrid (back and forth between Epic and Rogue). I can hit the Rogue as far as any hybrid I've ever hit, but I'd really like something that launches higher--for me, at least.

Judging by TE’s social media, the EXS has a good debut seeding week on the champions tour

I'm really looking forward to hearing more about these fairways and hybrids, including whether there will be a Beta Ti version of the fairway. I can't seem to settle on a hybrid (back and forth between Epic and Rogue). I can hit the Rogue as far as any hybrid I've ever hit, but I'd really like something that launches higher--for me, at least.

Can't see too much difference, even looking at the description, between the EXS Hybrid and EX10 - the difference seems to be lower spin and more roll in the EXS - not what I need. I mean, you can't get much better looks in a head than the EX10, tough to improve.

If you need more height in that Rogue, try the Mitsu Tensei CK Pro Red HY shaft - high/high. Put it in my PXG Hybrids and now they work. I have a GD aftermarket shaft in the EX10 HY, and wish I had the Mitsu in them.

Can't see too much difference, even looking at the description, between the EXS Hybrid and EX10 - the difference seems to be lower spin and more roll in the EXS - not what I need. I mean, you can't get much better looks in a head than the EX10, tough to improve.

If you need more height in that Rogue, try the Mitsu Tensei CK Pro Red HY shaft - high/high. Put it in my PXG Hybrids and now they work. I have a GD aftermarket shaft in the EX10 HY, and wish I had the Mitsu in them.

Check out TE’s social (insta), that’s not what they’re saying about the EXS. They’re talking about more launch and spin for a more workable and softer landing profile, particularly the hybrid.

That's definitely what I'm looking for. I have some golf bucks specifically earmarked for the EXS hybo and maybe a FW.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Check out TE’s social (insta), that’s not what they’re saying about the EXS. They’re talking about more launch and spin for a more workable and softer landing profile, particularly the hybrid.

Just took it off their website... so maybe there is a lack of congruency.

It's the best looking hybrid out there, imho. If it's a bit more compact heel to toe, that won't hurt. I think the EX10 and the PXG are the most handsome hybrids out there that I've seen. Played both. The EXS looks great.

Here is some copy off the website:

The more compact design of the EXS hybrid head features premium exotic metals; a Japanese HT980 steel cup face. The hyper-strength strength steel is quench-hardened, a special heating technique that takes 750 degrees to provide an extreme amount of strength while allowing for a thinner face. This cup face design allowed for Tour Edge to make the face thinner than in any previous model for a greater energy transfer.

The high-performance hexagonal Variable Face Thickness (VFT) offers multiple levels of thickness that maximize forgiveness from more points on the face, especially in the heel and toe areas.

The CG location of the EXS is positioned closer to the face for less spin, creating a trajectory that fights wind and increases roll.

The aerodynamics in the EXS hybrid are greatly enhanced by new and improved wider SlipStream speed channels on the sole that create a faster clubhead speed through smoother turf interaction.

The 4-gram sole weight can be adjusted to another weight to increase swing weight in the club and to further reduce spin. Additional weight screws can be purchased as an EXS hybrid weight kit that includes 7-gram and 10-gram weights.

An ultra-premium Tensei CK Blue 2G shaft series by Mitsubishi Chemical is the chosen stock shaft for the EXS hybrid. Extremely light yet extremely stable throughout, the Tensei Blue CK features advanced materials like Carbon Fiber and Kevlar mixed with other lightweight materials that weigh in the 60-80 gram range depending on flex.

Back