Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap

erock9174

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Is that a typo on the 9.5* side where O- is listed twice with different settings? I was studying the chart trying to figure it out then really got confused haha.
Yeah that 2nd O- should be U-

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Great review and video James!! Not sure I'm the target golfer for this one but understandable why TEE added this to their lineup!
Thank you!

The Pro is 100% for the smaller segment, but I love that TEE just lid the gauntlet out there for people who’ve been knocking them with backhanded compliments at who their drivers like the EXS 220 do and don’t fit.

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
My man this was so insanely well done.
You rock good sir. Thank you. Would love to hit this 440cc and that Honma you’re working with side by side. Two small profile tanks.

MH

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Finally got around to reading the review, awesome read as usual @Jman! Also just finished watching the utube video, again very well done.

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Finally got around to reading the review, awesome read as usual @Jman! Also just finished watching the utube video, again very well done.
Much appreciated my friend!

jdtox

Mental Midget
Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Enjoyed that review @Jman Which shaft did you test this in? I don't recall seeing you mention that. Also does TE offer other shafts or is it just those 2?

K

Kevin murphy

I've purchased and hit this driver ,, iam a big tour edge fan all around that said iam a 18 HC and having a little trouble hitting this driver iam corantly hitting the 220 line and I absolutely love it,, my swing speed is in the low90s so not sure this beautiful drivers for me but it is stunning great qulity and craftmenship !!! Maybe some day lol lol ty tours edge awesome company!!!!

J4U

IronMan
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Mental
Good thing I can't swing for quite some time or I'd be hunting one of these down. Well done sir!

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Hit 166 indoors today 👀

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Good thing I can't swing for quite some time or I'd be hunting one of these down. Well done sir!
Appreciate it my friend!

Reactions: J4U

billyh

If you can't laugh at yourself...
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lot
Great write up @Jman. I like the low spin aspect of it and the looks are lights out. I just don't think I could hit a driver that demanding.

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Great write up @Jman. I like the low spin aspect of it and the looks are lights out. I just don't think I could hit a driver that demanding.
It’s definitely not the driver for the majority imo. But it hits a segment of need for TE, plus it’s like I said, it honestly let them flex their muscles a bit and that was very cool to see.

Hacker Rod

Reaction score
Handicap
You betcha
Pondering this hard. Need to upgrade my shaft for better control, but it's so tempting to just get the shaft I need and the head I want in one package.

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Im going to scream this here.

IF YOU WANT TRULY LOW SPIN FIND A WAY TO HIT THIS ONE.

Holy cow it warps my mind at times.

GolfTravelDude

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My previous 3w was a tour edge and it was in my bag close to 10 years. Had the matching driver also but it only lasted 6 years. Got the Epics in the bag now and love them both. But these guys make crazy good stuff at great price points.

Tenputt

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
Great review. One of the things that you said that is so true is the neutral ball flight. I hit this in the store and it had a very flat flight that really wanted to go straight for me. I think this head competes very favorably with any other offering this year.

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Great review. One of the things that you said that is so true is the neutral ball flight. I hit this in the store and it had a very flat flight that really wanted to go straight for me. I think this head competes very favorably with any other offering this year.
Thanks Craig!

I honestly don’t think anyone is going to find a low spin driver that sets up this neutral in this release cycle. And when I say low, I do mean LOW haha!

Gman79

I'm Chris and I'm a golf addict
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Tour Edge is red hot this year!

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Been saying it for a long time now.... ;)

jfrigo1003

#TeamParadise2020
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I really wish there was a demo I could hit... PGA store does have these on the shelf but I had to hit them with tape on.

Waiting for my putter to get regripped I hit the 16.5 pro fairway and was really really impressed! It was odd bc ive always been told tape on the face makes the spin drop but I was hitting very straight, neutral shots with 4000+ spin.... but was giving me very impressive ball speeds numbers. ( couldn't find the fairway thread so posted here)

Jman

Albatross 2020 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I really wish there was a demo I could hit... PGA store does have these on the shelf but I had to hit them with tape on.

Waiting for my putter to get regripped I hit the 16.5 pro fairway and was really really impressed! It was odd bc ive always been told tape on the face makes the spin drop but I was hitting very straight, neutral shots with 4000+ spin.... but was giving me very impressive ball speeds numbers. ( couldn't find the fairway thread so posted here)
There’s a combo fairway/hybo/driver release thread, but I’ll be putting a fairway specific thread up this evening as I have a 5w I’m going to review

Gman79

I'm Chris and I'm a golf addict
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Believe they have a 30 day trial period.

Hacker Rod

Reaction score
Handicap
You betcha
I really wish there was a demo I could hit... PGA store does have these on the shelf but I had to hit them with tape on
Tour Edge isn't far from you. Do you know if they allow the public into their hitting bays, or is it a by-invitation-only deal? But as @Gman79 mentioned, they have a 30-day performance guarantee, so you can try them on the course and without protective tape.

J.B. Cobb III

I’m a Ben Hogan guy!
Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Im going to scream this here.

IF YOU WANT TRULY LOW SPIN FIND A WAY TO HIT THIS ONE.

Holy cow it warps my mind at times.
Does adjusting the sliding weight make a change to spin? Like does it spin more in the back/neutral position verses the draw/fade positions?

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in