Tour Edge Hot Launch 521 FW Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Full story on the new lineup and detail on the drivers can be found here.

The fairways follow suit of the driver lineup.

The E Series
Houdini Sole Technology - The raised steel mass area of the Houdini Sole at the rear of the clubhead reduces the amount of area on the sole that interacts with the turf to reduce drag.
The Houdini Sole includes an area of mass concentrated on the extreme trailing edge of the sole of the clubhead, as well as a curved leading edge under the face.

The Houdini design element has proven to be one of the most effective technologies at getting balls out of tough lies by reducing turf interaction by 35%. This leads to significantly less “duffs” caused by hitting up on the ball and hitting the turf at a lower point before the ball.

“When it comes to the E Series fairways and hybrids, the Houdini Sole becomes a complete life-saver from tight and tough lies,” said Glod. “This is your get out of jail free card for the golf course.”

The C Series
Diamond Face/ Cup Face Technology - The Hot Launch C Series Fairway also features Diamond Face technology with 29 different thick and thin diamond shapes behind the face of the metals for an enhanced sweet spot.

The deeper Cup Face design provides more contact points on the face that results in longer off-center hit distance. Different variables of thick and thin diamond shapes or “mini-trampolines” behind the face produce a hotter face with faster ball speeds, as well as reduced spin.

Previously, only Tour Edge Exotics clubs featured the Diamond Face innovation.

“To be able to take an amazing innovation like Diamond Face that changed the level of what we produced with Exotics EXS and to be able to bring it over to Hot Launch is a huge deal for the performance characteristics of these clubs,” said Glod. “This is going to help a lot of golfers gain speed and power.”

Cost is $149 each for either E or C.

521 FW offset comparison.jpg

521 E Series Houdini on 5 wood.jpg

521 E Series 3 wood.jpg

521 C Series 5 wood close up.jpg

521 E series 3 wood face in air.jpg

Reminds me of the X-Rail, which I know some golfers had and really liked.

The pricing on this new lineup is just silly. The drivers too. Very affordable. I like seeing things trend that direction.

seems to have the right technology to help golfers that struggle at launch.

The whole line up is good looking.

I’m not sure I like the look of the sole, but that wouldn’t really matter if it delivers on the tech promises. Also I would love to yell “Houdini!” after blasting a 3W...

Reminds me of the X-Rail, which I know some golfers had and really liked.
I still have and like an XRail 4 wood. Face wasn’t quite as hot as some other offerings but it’s still a sweet club. TE is definitely making some noise.

crown looks nice...i think the sole would've looked better all black, not the grey/blue.

Man those look GREAT. And that was price point!

The E might have too much offset for me, but I love the look/shape of that sole

The C looks really good and the price point is amazing especially with the amount of tech. The E doesn't look bad either but I believe I would hook it off the face of the earth.

It reminds of the warbird sole

I've been toying with the idea of a new fairway. Looking forward to trying both of these out.

If I wasn’t getting along so well with my Flash fairways I’d probably take a flier on these.

That Houdini sole reminds me of the ridge on the early Callaway Big Berthas. I am still bagging one from 1996. Definitely looking at these clubs when they are in store.

Heading to the range this weekend. I'm looking forward to demoing the complete line.

I’ve sworn off 5 woods but with the shallow face and rails I’d like to give this one a try.

Can I borrow? Haha looks great draw bias might be interesting, might need the C521 to avoid hooks

Can I borrow? Haha looks great draw bias might be interesting, might need the C521 to avoid hooks
They both feel fantastic. @jdtox and I were both shocked on that front.

They both feel fantastic. @jdtox and I were both shocked on that front.
Absolutely they do, not to mention they sound better than some of the bigger names out there as well.

Absolutely they do, not to mention they sound better than some of the bigger names out there as well.
This is a fact. And a lot of pop in. A crazy affordable package to boot.

i don't need another club but i WANT to try one of these...

Pure magic.

i don't need another club but i WANT to try one of these...
Bang for buck, I don’t think they can be beaten right now.

Back