JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you like using it or prefer normal set?

I use it and have never had an issue. Just have to have everything ready to go, pre fit, SW etc all worked out.

it is all I use

I haven’t done too much club work, but the few times I’ve put on an adapter or when I installed shafts I used normal epoxy.

I’m ok with it. It’s all I’ve used for the club work that I’ve done. I use the beaded stuff from Golf Works.

Do you like using it or prefer normal set?

This is the only thing I use for adapters>> https://www.golfworks.com/the-golfworks-adaptor-adhesive/p/vb1030/

This is the only thing I use for clubs>> https://www.golfworks.com/the-golfworks-maximum-strength-tour-set-plus-beaded-epoxy/p/vb1014/

Obviously many brands and "like" strength similar expoxies on the market. But for over a decade this is my formula and never had club head / adapter issues (i.e. club head come loose).

This is the only thing I use for adapters>> https://www.golfworks.com/the-golfworks-adaptor-adhesive/p/vb1030/

This is the only thing I use for clubs>> https://www.golfworks.com/the-golfworks-maximum-strength-tour-set-plus-beaded-epoxy/p/vb1014/

Obviously many brands and "like" strength similar expoxies on the market. But for over a decade this is my formula and never had club head / adapter issues (i.e. club head come loose).
That’s the exact beaded version that I use too.

Tour set is the only thing I use. Never had a club fail yet. Just like @DannyLe says ... "you can never use too much epoxy." :D

Ever since we took the Ping tour at the 2018 THP championship and I saw them using the 3M scotch weld, that is all I use now. I’ve had zero failures since switching and it’s been so easy just to get the right amount I need.

If it’s just a club or two glueup, I use the DP810 in black, which sets up quickly. On bigger glueups I use DP420 in black. My golfworks expoys font get used anymore.

Depends on the build and timeframe. I know I will NEVER use any GolfWorks epoxy ever again after these last two batches.

Depends on the build and timeframe. I know I will NEVER use any GolfWorks epoxy ever again after these last two batches.

Actually going through that right now with some Tour Set from them (needed something in a pinch) and something is off. Going to gel in about 30 seconds.
I normally use the stuff from Mitchell or 3M, but in a pinch the Golf Works stuff has been okay. This batch seems off though and reading the reviews on their site, I am not alone.

Actually going through that right now with some Tour Set from them (needed something in a pinch) and something is off. Going to gel in about 30 seconds.
I normally use the stuff from Mitchell or 3M, but in a pinch the Golf Works stuff has been okay. This batch seems off though and reading the reviews on their site, I am not alone.
Not at all, the last two I got just never would entirely set when I iced out a sample to let cure. There was always some tack still and I had probably 8 failures, which I’d never had happen before.

I moved to Brampton and it’s flat out amazing.

So I thought it was me. i was having a lot of failures with it and was happy to see what ping was using - haven’t had any failures since I switched.

Is there a good source to purchase the 3M stuff from? I feel like I've looked in the past and not had any luck finding it.

So I thought it was me. i was having a lot of failures with it and was happy to see what ping was using - haven’t had any failures since I switched.
I used it for years with no problems, but man, the last year has just been piss poor.

Not at all, the last two I got just never would entirely set when I iced out a sample to let cure. There was always some tack still and I had probably 8 failures, which I’d never had happen before.

I moved to Brampton and it’s flat out amazing.

I believe that is what Mitchell ships and just ordered some to arrive so I can redo if necessary.

Is there a good source to purchase the 3M stuff from? I feel like I've looked in the past and not had any luck finding it.
Brampton is amazing. And it’s available on Amazon. Worth every cent.

I believe that is what Mitchell ships and just ordered some to arrive so I can redo if necessary.
I think you’re right. It’s a little more pricey, but man it’s good. I’ve got the tour set and regular set.

Ever since we took the Ping tour at the 2018 THP championship and I saw them using the 3M scotch weld, that is all I use now. I’ve had zero failures since switching and it’s been so easy just to get the right amount I need.

If it’s just a club or two glueup, I use the DP810 in black, which sets up quickly. On bigger glueups I use DP420 in black. My golfworks expoys font get used anymore.
Damn .... I was just looking at the 3M epoxy :unsure: that is expensive! :eek:

3M vs Mitchell brand .... which is better? paging @JB

3M vs Mitchell brand .... which is better? paging @JB

Im not sure I have a better or worse for you.
Neither has failed me in the past, so there is that. :D

Im not sure I have a better or worse for you.
Neither has failed me in the past, so there is that. :D
Well the GolfWorks brand hasn't failed me either but after reading about everyone else's failures it got me thinking. :unsure: Chalk it up to user error :ROFLMAO:

Most of the time when I am building, I've got plenty of time for the cure.

With that in mind, I hate anything that sets quickly. I'd rather mix lots than mix and remix and remix.

Back