Tour Talk W/ Jake & Dano - Doral

Wow I picked Rory and Jake and Dano just go out there and bash me. LOL. "well we could have pick Rory Mcilroy, who tied T65." Lol

Wow I picked Rory and Jake and Dano just go out there and bash me. LOL. "well we could have pick Rory Mcilroy, who tied T65." Lol

You did!?!? What in the world? Nah, I'm just as shocked as you that he finished that awful.

Big John sort of reminds me of Babe Ruth... I'll point out that "The Babe" missed the cut a few times, hehe. He just didn't have the same media to put up with.

Big John sort of reminds me of Babe Ruth... I'll point out that "The Babe" missed the cut a few times, hehe. He just didn't have the same media to put up with.

One of the all time greatest hitters in MLB you are comparing with Daly? Really?

One of the all time greatest hitters in MLB you are comparing with Daly? Really?

More for the "Off field" activities. They both have/had quite a hunger for the wild times, yet talent galore.

Duey, you and Dano are going to get along great at the THP Omaha outing. I will immediately be testing you for drug use myself!!! :D

Duey, you and Dano are going to get along great at the THP Omaha outing. I will immediately be testing you for drug use myself!!! :D

LMAO, I still flash back to Cheech and Chong movies. Does that count?

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

We just had our first Cheech and Chong reference on a Tour Talk thread!! I love it!!

I'll be the first to include Miguel Angel Jiminez in the "Best to hang out with" category.
That's the name that always pops out at me as being just a fun, down to earth guy. I think he would be happy to introduce me to that ultra-luxurious lifestyle I'm sure he lives.

Ok, per Wikipedia...concerning John Daly's ranking by wins/majors. Can't swear that this is entirely accurate, but is probably pretty close.

If you look at just wins, JD would rank about 174th. If you look by # of majors, tie for 34th (although 54th if you rank the guys with 2 majors in order of total wins). The below wins are PGA Tour only I believe (and only includes guys with 5 or more career wins). On a different list, there appear to be 76 men who have won 2 of what are now considered the Majors (regardless of total wins).

Name** Wins** Majors**
1 Jack Nicklaus 73 18
2 Tiger Woods 71 14
3 Walter Hagen 44 11
4 Ben Hogan 64 9
5 Gary Player 24 9
6 Tom Watson 39 8
7 Sam Snead 82 7
8 Arnold Palmer 62 7
9 Gene Sarazen 39 7
10 Bobby Jones 9 7
11 Lee Trevino 29 6
12 Nick Faldo 9 6
13 Byron Nelson 52 5
14 Seve Ballesteros 9 5
15 Peter Thomson 6 5
16 Raymond Floyd 22 4
17 Jim Barnes 21 4
18 Bobby Locke 15 4
19 Billy Casper 51 3
20 Cary Middlecoff 40 3
21 Phil Mickelson 37 3
22 Vijay Singh 34 3
23 Jimmy Demaret 31 3
24 Tommy Armour 25 3
25 Hale Irwin 20 3
26 Julius Boros 18 3
27 Nick Price 18 3
28 Ernie Els 17 3
29 Ralph Guldahl 16 3
30 Denny Shute 16 3
31 Payne Stewart 11 3
32 Larry Nelson 10 3
33 Pádraig Harrington5 3
34 Horton Smith 32 2
35 Leo Diegel 30 2
36 Paul Runyan 29 2
37 Henry Picard 26 2
38 Johnny Miller 25 2
39 Craig Wood 21 2
40 Greg Norman 20 2
41 Ben Crenshaw 19 2
42 Doug Ford 19 2
43 Hubert Green 19 2
44 Curtis Strange 17 2
45 Jack Burke, Jr. 16 2
46 Mark O'Meara 16 2
47 Dave Stockton 10 2
48 Fuzzy Zoeller 10 2
49 David Graham 8 2
50 Lee Janzen 8 2
51 Retief Goosen 7 2
52 Sandy Lyle 6 2
53 José M Olazábal 6 2
54 John Daly 5 2

BTW...I have rooted for John Daly to do well in the past, but I don't think he is a top 100 golfer of all time by any stretch of the imagination.

Great stuff Ad. Yeah, that list also appears to be only PGA Tour wins, so when you factor in the Euro Tour, I am not sure he is even top 200.

Great stuff Ad. Yeah, that list also appears to be only PGA Tour wins, so when you factor in the Euro Tour, I am not sure he is even top 200.

Now come on lets not be ridiculous.. Top 200 for sure, doesn't the British Open account for anything? And again I am not saying he is good now, I am just saying winning two majors is a big deal.

I dont believe he is in the top 200 golfers of all time. You have to look at someones entire body of work for them to be considered HOF material. The guy missed almost as many cuts as he made. He can count his total wins on one hand. My thoughts are that he is outside that group.

After seeing that list you cannot possibly believe he is top 100 anymore correct?

JB, there is something I should tell you about our friend Dano. He'll argue something just for the sake of the argument. You could be holding a white golf ball in your hand and he would attempt to convince you that it's black, even though you know it's white, and he knows it's white, but he knows the second he admits he knows it's white he will have to give in to the fact that he is wrong. For someone who is as wrong as often as Dano you'd think he'd be pretty good at accepting it. :confused2:

It's pretty simple, John Daly is NOT one of the top 100 golfers of all time, no way in hell. I think he's the biggest FLUKE multiple major winner in the history of the game. How in the world do the likes of Davis Love III, Mark Calcavecchia, Justin Leonard, and Jim Furyk have less majors each than does John Daly? It amazes me.

JB, there is something I should tell you about our friend Dano. He'll argue something just for the sake of the argument. You could be holding a white golf ball in your hand and he would attempt to convince you that it's black, even though you know it's white, and he knows it's white, but he knows the second he admits he knows it's white he will have to give in to the fact that he is wrong. For someone who is as wrong as often as Dano you'd think he'd be pretty good at accepting it. :confused2:

It's pretty simple, John Daly is NOT one of the top 100 golfers of all time, no way in hell. I think he's the biggest FLUKE multiple major winner in the history of the game. How in the world do the likes of Davis Love III, Mark Calcavecchia, Justin Leonard, and Jim Furyk have less majors each than does John Daly? It amazes me.

We figured that out after the first radio show...hehe There are a few like that Jake. Hope to meet both of you at the FL outing.

Hey Jake, there you go again siding with the favorite (JB-Boss). Typical Band Wagoner, I suppose you like the Cowboys, Yankees and Phil Mickelson..

Wouldn't that be Tiger Woods if that's the case? Besides that, siding with the boss on something you are completely wrong has nothing to do with bandwagon, it's a matter of him being right and you being wrong. Of course he is always right, and you are always wrong. :D

Spoiler
THAT was brown nosing/band-wagoning, whatever!!!

You guys do realize that GG is the boss not me right?

Well, she thinks he's a complete whack job on this argument too right? Dang, that's a lot of wasted time schmoozing YOU JB....carry on. :D So GG... :wink:

MAN I crack myself up sometimes!!! HA!

You guys do realize that GG is the boss not me right?

Well that goes without saying..... So what I need to do is find a way to get an autographed picture of Adam Scott and I will be good to go!

Well that goes without saying..... So what I need to do is find a way to get an autographed picture of Adam Scott and I will be good to go!

You would have better luck with Rocco.

JB is correct on this one Rocco is my man.

Rocco it is.... I will talk to my people who will talk to his people. Anything to get me in the good graces of GG.

Roger - where you at Roger.. I wanted to hear alittle about why you picked Ernie Els...

Back